Bengals WR Chris Henry charged with Assault/Criminal Damaging/And a vehicle offense

The police have to have probable cause before they can search him or his vehicle.

I'm well aware. But, like I said, Chris Henry isn't treated like the rest of the citizens in Northern Kentucky - right or wrong.

And no, I'm not insinuating that the police are going to break the law and infringe upon Henry's rights. Just saying that he gets treated differently.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The police have to have probable cause before they can search him or his vehicle.

Wrong.

The police only need probable cause to effect the arrest. They can legally conduct a search incident to arrest of the person arrested and the area within that person's immediate control. The purpose is to locate and seize any weapons or evidence that the arrestee may be able to destroy or hide. Although the purpose of the search is to locate and seize weapons and destructible evidence, officers are not even required to show there is reason to believe they may find these things.

^ This isn't a late april fools joke is it?

100% no....

The wide receiver is charged with assault and criminal damaging out of Hamilton County.

According to the police report, Henry was involved in a fight on Ohio Avenue in Clifton Heights Monday.

An 18-year-old man claims Henry threw a bottle shattering his car window and punched him in the face.

Chris Henry has reportedly told police this is a case of mistaken identity.