Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UCLA 88 Western Kentucky 78

Featured Replies

Final.

 

 

 

(I didn't see this posted yet so I went ahead with it)

No doubt my favorite cinderella story (so to speak) in the NCAA tournament in awhile, just got eliminated. Loved watching Brazelton. Wish I had seen a lot more of Western this year. I see no reason for this team to hang their heads. They went up against UCLA and looked every bit as capable of playing with them. In the end, UCLA's height seemed to be their undoing. Love is a talent like few you get to see.

  • Author

Wow!!

 

That's about all I can say about the comeback that the Hilltoppers made in this one. Down 21 at the half and bring the game to within 4 points before letting it slip and having to foul.

I am a U.K. fan first and foremost but I am also a fan of WKU. This team made Kentucky proud with their tournament showing. What toughness and guts shown by the WKU team tonight.

There, in my mind is no such thing as a moral victory but I just wanted to post a thread and my comments on the WKU gutsy performance tonight against a powerful UCLA team.

Brazleton poured in 31 points in this one, what a performance by him and all of the WKU team, here is a list of the WKU stats....................

 

PTS REB (O/D) AST FG-A FT-A 3P-A ST BLK TO PF MIN

Brazelton 31 0 (0/0) 0 10-21 5-7 6-10 0 0 0 4 0

Lee 18 0 (0/0) 0 7-29 2-3 2-8 0 0 0 2 0

Siakam 7 0 (0/0) 0 1-4 5-6 0-0 0 0 0 5 0

Slaughter 7 0 (0/0) 0 1-4 4-6 1-3 0 0 0 1 0

Rogers 5 0 (0/0) 0 2-6 1-1 0-2 0 0 0 4 0

Evans 4 0 (0/0) 0 2-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 4 0

Gabou 2 0 (0/0) 0 1-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Magley 2 0 (0/0) 0 1-2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 2 0

Mendez-Valdez 2 0 (0/0) 0 0-1 2-2 0-1 0 0 0 2 0

Pettigrew 0 0 (0/0) 0 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

TOTAL 78 0 (0/0) 0 25-72 19-26 9-24 0 0 0 24 0

34.7% 73.1% 37.5%

* Starters

I guess we can give WKU credit for not getting run out of the gym, would have been nice to see them win this game. I had UCLA in my Elite 8, not like I was going out on a limb with that pick.

 

All 4 teams that won tonight, I had in my Elite 8. How I HATE G-Town right about now.

 

Congrats to WKU on a great season. :thumb:

NO ....

 

 

I love my tops and they proved tonight there is no way UCLA deserves or has the talent to win it all.

NO ....

 

 

I love my tops and they proved tonight there is no way UCLA deserves or has the talent to win it all.

 

Deserves? Why do they not deserve it?

 

And they have the talent. WKU made a run but still got beat by 10...

 

UCLA can win it all.

  • Author
Deserves? Why do they not deserve it?

 

And they have the talent. WKU made a run but still got beat by 10...

 

UCLA can win it all.

 

:thumb:

Nope it won't happen Boris basically stopped all the shots by love in the 2nd. A team with a good big man will take UCLA.

UNC vs. UCLA will probably be the best NCAA game in years (unless U of L shocks the world)

Deserves? Why do they not deserve it?

 

And they have the talent. WKU made a run but still got beat by 10...

 

UCLA can win it all.

 

 

Yeah, UCLA has the talent but there definetly aren't playing there best. There barely beating teams and UNC is just blowing good teams out. Imo UNC has to be the favorites right now, but hopefully Lville upsets them. UCLA probably would of won the title if it wasen't for UF the last 2 seasons.

Im gonna go out on a limb (Real Far) and say Stanford can come out of the top bracket. They will get revenge on UCLA and it will be Stanford in the National Championship...

 

 

 

Ok maybe Im crazy...

Im gonna go out on a limb (Real Far) and say Stanford can come out of the top bracket. They will get revenge on UCLA and it will be Stanford in the National Championship...

 

 

 

Ok maybe Im crazy...

 

I got on my brackett too, Stanford in the final four.

UCLA is begining to look like a team begging to be beat. TN looked the same way the last couple of weeks.

UNC vs. UCLA will probably be the best NCAA game in years (unless U of L shocks the world)

 

 

Hubby just told me THEY DID!!! :ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.