Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bruce Pearl: What is your opinion?

Featured Replies

The guy has really given a shot of life to a once lukewarm program. He recruits athletes who love to run and gun. He sets up a chaotic style of basketball that thrives on turnovers and fastbreak points. The guy has done well for himself it seems everywhere he goes.

 

However, I still remain unimpressed by his ingame coaching abilities. Heck even his game plan coming into games seems to lack any change. He seems to want to come into every game throwing punches and expects this plan to work. Tonight for instance he ran up against a team that took the punches. Countered well. Survived the initial onslaught with a lead actually, and then seemed to adjust and exploit Tennessee's over pursuit and overzelousness of every possession.

 

His game plan can beat teams that might be mediocre or aren't playing well. But if a team can find their rhythm, make adjustments to the run and gun style, and get UT out of their own rhythm, he seems unable to really find a way to adjust.

 

Maybe im off base here. It wouldn't be the first time, this just is an idea I've begun to arrive at the past year.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He got lightining in a bottle getting a joke of waiver for T. Smith, getting the ultimate unwanted in C. Lofton.

 

He plays 3rd fiddle in Knoxville.

 

He's feeling around to see what's out there.

I have called Tenn over-rated all year. They are good, but I am not sold they are top 10.

He got lightining in a bottle getting a joke of waiver for T. Smith, getting the ultimate unwanted in C. Lofton.

 

He plays 3rd fiddle in Knoxville.

 

He's feeling around to see what's out there.

 

Is he now... :D

It's not much of a secret.

 

I wonder what schools he could be interested in? :sssh:

The guy has really given a shot of life to a once lukewarm program. He recruits athletes who love to run and gun. He sets up a chaotic style of basketball that thrives on turnovers and fastbreak points. The guy has done well for himself it seems everywhere he goes.

 

However, I still remain unimpressed by his ingame coaching abilities. Heck even his game plan coming into games seems to lack any change. He seems to want to come into every game throwing punches and expects this plan to work. Tonight for instance he ran up against a team that took the punches. Countered well. Survived the initial onslaught with a lead actually, and then seemed to adjust and exploit Tennessee's over pursuit and overzelousness of every possession.

 

His game plan can beat teams that might be mediocre or aren't playing well. But if a team can find their rhythm, make adjustments to the run and gun style, and get UT out of their own rhythm, he seems unable to really find a way to adjust.

 

Maybe im off base here. It wouldn't be the first time, this just is an idea I've begun to arrive at the past year.

 

I like Bruce but I was in Bama last week for the Butler game and was not really impressed and I love the SEC. I feel you hit the nail on the head.

U.T. in basketball just like in football gets some extremely good athletes and the U.T. football and basketball coach are imo extremely overrated. The U.T. coaches can recruit and Pearl can generate excitement with a fan base but tonight as imo in most U.T. games (win or lose) the Vols were extremely outcoached.

Pat Summit is by far the best coach on that campus in any sport.

I wonder what schools he could be interested in? :sssh:

I hear Cal is open.:thumb:

  • Author
His game plan on offense is "organized" chaos.

 

I find little organization to his chaos. It wins games, don't get me wrong. He has athletes that can play the game. But it seems like they are playing a pickup game out there most the time. I never see a period of time where they have a half court game plan of any sort. Superior teams in terms of stars can win games against teams they have more talent than. However, when the talent level suddenly becomes equal and the coaching adjustments are called into play, I'm not sure Pearl is the guy I would want on my bench. People can throw out the Memphis win but frankly, I don't find Memphis and Calipari to be much different from UT and Pearl.

U.T. in basketball just like in football gets some extremely good athletes and the U.T. football and basketball coach are imo extremely overrated. The U.T. coaches can recruit and Pearl can generate excitement with a fan base but tonight as imo in most U.T. games (win or lose) the Vols were extremely outcoached.

Pat Summit is by far the best coach on that campus in any sport.

 

I agree but TV will not say anything bad about coachs and with the athletes they get I feel they get the ranking and on name alone. After seeing Bruce last week in Bama, I just do not think he is a very good coach. Butler coach out coached him last week but did not get some calls and did not have the athletes.

I hear Cal is open.:thumb:

 

I am sure that is the only school he is looking at. Now if their was another job out there, that got good recruits and had a great tradition, do you think he would be interested? :cool:

  • Author

By the way, what is the over/under on the amount of times Pearl tans each week? Or is it just spray tanning once a week? Just curious.

I'm sorta waiting for him to win a big game on the national stage before I form an opinion. I may be waiting a while, though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.