Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Virginia 73 Duke 67

Featured Replies

^ Fire Tubby!! It's obviously his fault...... sorry, couldn't resist. :lol::thumb:

  • Replies 69
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob Huggins is a thug.

 

I can tell by looking at the suits he wears.:D

Except he inherited the one thing he could never really recruit. Pure shooters. That's why he was bounced before the Sweet 16 8 times in 14 years...

 

:thumb:

 

I picked West Virginia to make the Elite 8...I like the mix of the left over shooters adapting to Huggins gritty style and I thought Duke was vulnerable, like everyone else did. It's been a good fit, IMO. Their upcoming game against Xavier should be a good one.

 

I'm glad that pick came through...it offset losing USC as a sweet 16 pick in round one.

3 time national champs, 10 final fours, numerous ACC titles, and Sweet 16's all since 1986....I say not. I said all year long this team was grossly overrated, and if they got cold, anyone could beat them....they were very cold at the end of this season. That sucks, but it happens, overall they met my expectations, and I am pleased with the season as a whole. They should be markedly better next season.

 

Do they have a big time post player among their incoming recruits? That's really what they were missing this season and without one I can't see them really being that much better, they overachieved this season so unless they get stonger inside on both offense and defense I could see them simply treading water next season recordwise. They were just soft in the middle this season.

BTW, did anyone see that terrible missed call in the Duke vs. Belmont game when Paulus landed with one foot out of bounds and saved the ball inbounds? It didn't really amount to anything because Duke didn't score on the possession, but it was right in front of the official. I replayed it on my DVR and it wasn't even close...he jumped out of bounds to save the ball...at first he was trying to call a timeout and then realized he couldn't I suppose, his foot clearly hit the ground and then he threw it back inbounds. The announcers were talking about what a great play it was and I was thinking, "Sure, and there would be more of them if they changed the rule that both feet have to touch out of bounds before it's called." :lol:

 

I don't even think CBS replayed it.

BTW, did anyone see that terrible missed call in the Duke vs. Belmont game when Paulus landed with one foot out of bounds and saved the ball inbounds? It didn't really amount to anything because Duke didn't score on the possession, but it was right in front of the official. I replayed it on my DVR and it wasn't even close...he jumped out of bounds to save the ball...at first he was trying to call a timeout and then realized he couldn't I suppose, his foot clearly hit the ground and then he threw it back inbounds. The announcers were talking about what a great play it was and I was thinking, "Sure, and there would be more of them if they changed the rule that both feet have to touch out of bounds before it's called." :lol:

 

I don't even think CBS replayed it.

 

Yeah, I did the same thing you did--I rewound it twice. The second time I had my son watch it with me and his foot definately came down before he threw the ball. But like you said, they didn't score on the possession so it probably didn't effect the game.

Do they have a big time post player among their incoming recruits? That's really what they were missing this season and without one I can't see them really being that much better, they overachieved this season so unless they get stonger inside on both offense and defense I could see them simply treading water next season recordwise. They were just soft in the middle this season.

 

According to Rivals they have signed Olek Czyz, a 6'7" 235 lbs. PF. Also have medium interest from 5-star C, John Riek, 7'2" 240 lbs. Otherwise their only other commitment is from a SG.

According to Rivals they have signed Olek Czyz, a 6'7" 235 lbs. PF. Also have medium interest from 5-star C, John Riek, 7'2" 240 lbs. Otherwise their only other commitment is from a SG.

 

Riek supposedly won't play NCAA ball. Maybe prep a year and then go to the NBA.

According to Rivals they have signed Olek Czyz, a 6'7" 235 lbs. PF. Also have medium interest from 5-star C, John Riek, 7'2" 240 lbs. Otherwise their only other commitment is from a SG.

 

The shooting guard is 6'4-6'5 lefty Elliot Williams. He will be a stud I think... His choices were either Duke or Memphis, he kind of reminds me of a left handed Douglas-Roberts. With a year of experience(yes, most of those guys were sophmores or freshman) I really look for them to compete for a Championship next year. If Zoubek and Thomas work extremely hard over the offseason then this team could be REALLY dangerous.

According to Rivals they have signed Olek Czyz, a 6'7" 235 lbs. PF. Also have medium interest from 5-star C, John Riek, 7'2" 240 lbs. Otherwise their only other commitment is from a SG.

 

If that's the case I'd look for them to be very similar to this season. They just can't defend or score consistantly in the middle and they are way to dependent on the 3. I don't see where another year will make them any better.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.