Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA has sent re-alignment emails out.

Featured Replies

The KHSAA sent out the re-alignment emails for basketball.

 

 

4 of the 5 15th proposals has Jenkins being added.

 

The best one looks like this -

 

57th

Johnson Central

Paintsville

Magoffin County

Lawrence County

 

58th

Allen Central

Betsy Layne

Prestonsburg

Allen Central

Piarist

 

 

59th

Shelby Valley

East Ridge

Jenkins

Pikeville

 

60th

Belfry

Pike Central

Phelps

Sheldon Clark

 

 

 

Bold is teams moving

 

 

Anyone else have more info or thoughts?

Is this for all regions or just the 15th? After the last re-alignment, thought it would be awhile before they did it again?

  • Author

Thats kinda what I am asking.

 

They want to do away with 3 districts so I would say it is any region that has them

It's incredibly unfair to have three-team districts, and I'm very pleased the KHSAA is addressing the problem in the 15th.

 

The proposal you mentioned would work, but I'd prefer Knott Central moving over as in the original plan, along with JBS if they are still participating. Even though Jenkins is certainly closer, I would prefer keeping Letcher Central and Jenkins together.

They need to realign the 11th region. It's a shame so many good teams in the same districts and regions. Scott needs to move out to another region to balance things out.

Where did this realignment information come from?

 

Did all schools receive this?

  • Author
It's incredibly unfair to have three-team districts, and I'm very pleased the KHSAA is addressing the problem in the 15th.

 

The proposal you mentioned would work, but I'd prefer Knott Central moving over as in the original plan, along with JBS if they are still participating. Even though Jenkins is certainly closer, I would prefer keeping Letcher Central and Jenkins together.

 

 

 

KCC was no where in the picture on the new one and it shouldn't be, way too far for travel.

They need to realign the 11th region. It's a shame so many good teams in the same districts and regions. Scott needs to move out to another region to balance things out.

 

You don't balance regions on the quality of teams. It's geography, which is why they are called regions.

KCC was no where in the picture on the new one and it shouldn't be, way too far for travel.

 

It didn't seem like it was very far from the Hindman exit to Allen Central.

Is this just talk is it a done deal.

  • Author
It didn't seem like it was very far from the Hindman exit to Allen Central.

 

Its not. They want to move the least amount of team as possible, if you move them into that district, one has to come out. It would be a domino, 4 teams would have to move.

  • Author
is this just talk is it a done deal

 

Its up for proposal.

 

They tried to move Sheldon Clark into the 60th last re-alignment, but they refused. This time if it passes they have no choice.

I believe Jenkins is about 30 minutes to Pikeville. Also, Knott County Central is very close to some of the Floyd County schools. Both those schools would fit in well with the 15th region.

I've heard the 11th and the 16th will be adding teams and the 10th region will be moving north. Can anyone confirm?

I believe Jenkins is about 30 minutes to Pikeville. Also, Knott County Central is very close to some of the Floyd County schools. Both those schools would fit in well with the 15th region.

I hope none of my Knott County and Jenkins buddies gets me wrong on this post. I'm just talking about geography. It wouldn't seem natural for them not to be in the 14th.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.