Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA has sent re-alignment emails out.

Featured Replies

So is it now official that St Henry has been moved to the 34th District as had been anticipated? If so how long before they have a seeding verses blind draw vote?

I've heard the 11th and the 16th will be adding teams and the 10th region will be moving north. Can anyone confirm?

 

I can't see any unnecessary movements being made. There are no 11th or 16th Region districts with three teams. There might be some action taken in western Kentucky with the consolidation of Providence with Webster County, but we'll have to wait and see.

 

Are there any complaints about Jenkins and Letcher County Central being moved from one another?

Was there not just a re-alignment not too long ago? And what are the rules about it...Can a school decline to move or what are the options?

I hope none of my Knott County and Jenkins buddies gets me wrong on this post. I'm just talking about geography. It wouldn't seem natural for them not to be in the 14th.:thumb:

 

If they knock Knott, June (which is apparently closing) and Cordia (Knott County, right?) out of the 14th, who would replace? The domino effect says there will always be three-team districts under that plan.

Was there not just a re-alignment not too long ago? And what are the rules about it...Can a school decline to move or what are the options?

 

I think schools can decline, but the KHSAA can probably overrule in "necessary" situations, i.e. eliminating three-team districts.

I've posted this before, and we'll do it again. With Providence closed, the second region now has a three-team district. Would this work (moved teams in bold):

 

Region 2

District 5: Caldwell County, Livingston Central, Lyon County, Trigg County

District 6: Crittenden County, Henderson County, Union County, Webster County

District 7: Dawson Springs, Hopkins County Central, Madisonville, University Heights

District 8: Christian County, Fort Campbell, Hopkinsville, Todd County Central

 

Region 4

District 13: Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, Logan County, Russellville

District 14: Bowling Green, Greenwood, Warren Central, Warren East

District 15: Barren County, Glasgow, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District 16: Adair County, Clinton County, Cumberland County, Russell County

 

Region 5

District 17: Central Hardin, Elizabethtown, John Hardin, North Hardin

District 18: Caverna, Green County, Hart County, Larue County

District 19: Bardstown, Bethlehem, Fort Knox, Nelson County

District 20: Campbellsville, Marion County, Taylor County, Washington County

I've posted this before, and we'll do it again. With Providence closed, the second region now has a three-team district. Would this work (moved teams in bold):

 

Region 2

District 5: Caldwell County, Livingston Central, Lyon County, Trigg County

District 6: Crittenden County, Henderson County, Union County, Webster County

District 7: Dawson Springs, Hopkins County Central, Madisonville, University Heights

District 8: Christian County, Fort Campbell, Hopkinsville, Todd County Central

 

Region 4

District 13: Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, Logan County, Russellville

District 14: Bowling Green, Greenwood, Warren Central, Warren East

District 15: Barren County, Glasgow, Metcalfe County, Monroe County

District 16: Adair County, Clinton County, Cumberland County, Russell County

 

Region 5

District 17: Central Hardin, Elizabethtown, John Hardin, North Hardin

District 18: Caverna, Green County, Hart County, Larue County

District 19: Bardstown, Bethlehem, Fort Knox, Nelson County

District 20: Campbellsville, Marion County, Taylor County, Washington County

Crittenden County would have a big problem with it ... :lol:

 

Geographically, though, they wouldn't have much of a complaint. I don't have a map in front of me, but I don't see a major problem with that alignment.

 

Actually, though, it might make more geographic sense to move Warren Central to the 13th District and Allen County to the 14th District, but the KHSAA seems awfully reluctant to break up schools in the same school district ... well, in western Kentucky, at least. ;)

Crittenden County would have a big problem with it ... :lol:

 

Geographically, though, they wouldn't have much of a complaint. I don't have a map in front of me, but I don't see a major problem with that alignment.

 

Actually, though, it might make more geographic sense to move Warren Central to the 13th District and Allen County to the 14th District, but the KHSAA seems awfully reluctant to break up schools in the same school district ... well, in western Kentucky, at least. ;)

 

I would expect Crittenden County to voice a complaint! Geographically it makes the most sense, especially if the KHSAA is intent on keeping at least four teams in each district and restricting travel time as much as possible.

 

I can't see Warren Central being knocked out of the 14th, although your point is well taken. I added Adair County to the 4th Region, since Russell County has to drive through Columbia to go anywhere in their region.

 

Am I right in assuming that UHA would be the team most likely moved out of Christian County? Would those schools happily trade UHA for Todd County?;)

  • Author

I got my info from a coach who sent me the e-mail.

 

 

There will be no choice now, as the KHSAA wants rid of 3 team districts, so if your region has them, there will be re-alignment but to what extent I do not know.

 

Re-alignment comes up every 4 years.

Re-alignment comes up every 4 years.

 

When they released the major re-alignment three years ago, the KHSAA said they would address the issue regularly, something they had been hesitant to do with basketball for years.

 

With that being said, I wouldn't look for much change in districts/regions over the years, with the exception of adding teams to three-team districts that come up due to consolidation.

Its up for proposal.

 

They tried to move Sheldon Clark into the 60th last re-alignment, but they refused. This time if it passes they have no choice.

 

I hope so. SC is my guys. It really is stupid to have a 3 team district and a 5 team district in the same region. It will help Sheldon Clark more than anybody, as they will make the baseball region every year now. I assume it is both basketball and baseball right?

  • Author
I hope so. SC is my guys. It really is stupid to have a 3 team district and a 5 team district in the same region. It will help Sheldon Clark more than anybody, as they will make the baseball region every year now. I assume it is both basketball and baseball right?

 

 

Yes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.