Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin vs. South Laurel 13th Region Finals

Featured Replies

Here we go again ... 5 on 6 or whatever ... get over it and focus on tomorrow's game.

You can't even have a serious thread without something like that being brought up.

 

If Corbin plays the way they are capable.........it shouldn't matter. The better team won last year, I hope the better one wins this year.:D

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I think they will.

  • Author
I ain't gonna love 'em, Les. When you're team's out, pull for the team closer to you, the one you have less animosity for or the underdog. SL has had their day for the last few years, time for another top.....Dawg?:D

 

(Besides, South could probably use the football practice, too!)

 

LOL. Now that's funny.:thumb:

If you wanna bring that up lets talk about time keeping that same tourney. Seems as if Corbin in their final two games had extra time added to the clock first game it worked and Madison Johnson hits a 3 second game south pulls it out and holds on to win.

I am going with my Cards in this one. They really haven't had a game in the Region where everyone on the team has had a good game its mostly been one player stepping up and carring the team. Unlike Corbin when they had an exceptional game against Clay Co. I think the Cards are going to come out firing on all cylinders and winning the game by 8.

 

GO CARDS!!!!

1 or 100, I really don't care as long as the Hounds send the Cardinals home for 2008.....

 

I could not have said it better LOL...

South had better regroup they didn't look that good to me vs LC, if Corbin plays the way they did in the second half look out they may roll, I figure LC had something to do with the way South played but I expected more than I seen tonight.

I ain't gonna love 'em, Les. When you're team's out, pull for the team closer to you, the one you have less animosity for or the underdog. SL has had their day for the last few years, time for another top.....Dawg?:D

 

(Besides, South could probably use the football practice, too!)

 

Man I never thought I would see someone named DADDY CAT from LC to boot pull for the Hounds:scared: you must really not like South.:eek:

Nobody likes a winner do they daddy cat. South didnt look as good as they could tonight and Im not making a bad statement against LC but most teams play to the level of competion and that was effident in the first game tonight. The other two games played this year were blow outs one by South and one by Corbin then the district final is a war expect another war tonight. Good Luck both teams and have a great game may the best team win.

  • Author

Now that was a great post Hound fan.

I don't know how South won that many games this year after seeing them tonight. Wright and company do a good job.

 

I'll pick Corbin by 10.

This may be a little off topic but I have been around SL basketball since the schools split, and in my opinion this season is Coach Wright best coaching performance that I can remember. At the begining of the season this was suposed to be somewhat of a "rebuilding" season for the cards but he has done tremendous job with this young team. Also, and Les correct if I'm wrong I don't ever remember Coach Wright playing this many kids he normally played his best 6-8 players, but this seasons cards can go 10 deep with not a whole lot of drop off. Should be a great game tomorrow night both teams can represent the 13th well and possibly make to saturday mourning of the state tournament.

Good call about Steve Wright. To be able to put together the relatively inexperienced leftover pieces of the Fields-Allen-Proffitt-Hammonds teams and get back to a region final is very impressive. If his club pulls it off, he's got a good case for state coach of the year.

I agree with Chachi. This year definitely has been one of the better coaching jobs by Wright if not the best one. Losing so much offense from last years team, nobody gave them much of a chance. With his coaching they have still managed to wind up one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the region with a legit chance to lay claim to the top spot when it counts tomorrow.

 

I think if Corbin plays their game and South plays their game, Corbin will win it but the task will be much easier if the Hounds try to assert big Josh and Manns down low. St. John getting into foul trouble seems to take the wind out of South's sails. #41 is a solid player but I don't think he can handle Crawford and Manns down low if St. John gets into trouble.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.