Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell Co 46 Bracken Co. 44 Region 10

Featured Replies

Campbell falls behind by 11 early, down 7 at the half, pulled even after 3, and goes on to win. Katie Kitchen high scorer with 15. Great game. Camels move on to the semi finals Friday night.

Congrats to the Bracken County Lady Bears on a nice season just couldnt finish things off tonight Both teams played hard all night a great game for high school basketball and a great atmosphere. best of luck to the Campbell county lady Camels and there Coaching staff.

 

To the two seniors from Bracken been a pleasure watching the two of you over the years be proud of what you have acomplished on and off the Floor and best of Luck in you future.

 

The Lady Bears were lead by Dana Figgins with 12 followed by Brittney Burden with 11.

Bracken County controlled this game in the first half and looked to be on their way to victory. But in the second half Campbell County started to get their hands on a lot more loose balls and were hitting from everywhere. All in all it was a very exciting game.

One complaint I had was the reading of the split the pot numbers as the 3rd quarter began. This should have been done during the 10 minute halftime. It had to be a distraction for both teams as they played.

 

Don't hang your heads for the Lady Bears they've got a lot of talent returning and should be a force in the 39th district and maybe even the region.

First off congrats Campbell County on a hard fought game and comeback. Good luck the rest of the tourney.

 

I just wanted to mention the great job that Coach Patrick Kelsch did at the end of the season to get Bracken County playing well and surprise some people. They almost pulled off a huge upset and the Lady Bears should keep their heads held high and look forward to next season. Great job Coach Kelsch and the Bracken County Lady Bears!!

Bracken County controlled this game in the first half and looked to be on their way to victory. But in the second half Campbell County started to get their hands on a lot more loose balls and were hitting from everywhere. All in all it was a very exciting game.

One complaint I had was the reading of the split the pot numbers as the 3rd quarter began. This should have been done during the 10 minute halftime. It had to be a distraction for both teams as they played.

 

Don't hang your heads for the Lady Bears they've got a lot of talent returning and should be a force in the 39th district and maybe even the region.

 

When would you like the announcer to announce the #s? While the band was playing? They have been doing split the pot at the sametime for every game and no one has complained.

 

Congrats to Campbell County. It started off rough but you all came through and got the job done when you needed too.

When would you like the announcer to announce the #s? While the band was playing? They have been doing split the pot at the sametime for every game and no one has complained.

 

Congrats to Campbell County. It started off rough but you all came through and got the job done when you needed too.

 

The announcer should be on the radio instead of the PA. That guy continues to talk on the microphone while a player receives the ball, takes the routine foul line ritual, and then finally shuts up before the shot. He never quits talking. Play by play on the microphone is not a very good Pubic Address Announcer. "Such and Such team receives the inbounds ball to start the 2nd quarter due to the result of the alternating possession rule." The ticket was announced in Mondays game in the 3rd quarter, something I just didn't understand as well.

 

I just wanted to mention the great job that Coach Patrick Kelsch did at the end of the season to get Bracken County playing well and surprise some people. They almost pulled off a huge upset and the Lady Bears should keep their heads held high and look forward to next season. Great job Coach Kelsch and the Bracken County Lady Bears!!

 

 

Don't think it would have been an upset, it was Bracken's game and some poor decisions hurt down the stretch. Players handled theirself well and should hold their heads high.

First off congrats Campbell County on a hard fought game and comeback. Good luck the rest of the tourney.

 

I just wanted to mention the great job that Coach Patrick Kelsch did at the end of the season to get Bracken County playing well and surprise some people. They almost pulled off a huge upset and the Lady Bears should keep their heads held high and look forward to next season. Great job Coach Kelsch and the Bracken County Lady Bears!!

 

While it seems that Bracken over Campbell would be a huge upset, in actuality, Bracken had beaten Campbell the last two games, once this season and once last. This game was even and a pick 'em game rather than an upset either way.

 

Congrats to Coach Cravens and his squad on the victory.

Congrats to Coach Kelsch and his squad on a fine effort.

The announcer should be on the radio instead of the PA. That guy continues to talk on the microphone while a player receives the ball, takes the routine foul line ritual, and then finally shuts up before the shot. He never quits talking. Play by play on the microphone is not a very good Pubic Address Announcer. "Such and Such team receives the inbounds ball to start the 2nd quarter due to the result of the alternating possession rule." The ticket was announced in Mondays game in the 3rd quarter, something I just didn't understand as well.

 

Pressrow, I agree 100%..... Below is my post from an earlier thread about the best announcers at games. I was referring to the Campbell County HS announcer......I assume it is the same announcer doing the tournament this week.

 

"I was there (Campbell Co.) for a game and was wishing I brought ear-plugs. I also didn't need him to explain after every "jump-ball" call why the ball was being given to the team it was being given to......."due to the alternate possession rule Campbell County will in-bounds the ball". I think most people understand the purpose of the possession arrow with out being told over and over during the game. Maybe it was just because it was so loud I didn't want him to say any more than he absolutely had to."

 

Glad to know I am not the only person that was annoyed by this.

Pretty bad that a free throw shooter had the ball and he was still talking.

 

Was he as loud at the middle school gym as he is at the high school? Hopefully the volume at the middle school doesn't go as high and you didn't need your ear plugs.

 

As far as the 50/50, if it couldn't be read during the half or between quarters (due to the band), he should have waited until there was a time-out called.

 

Anyway......Congrats to both teams!

Pressrow, I agree 100%..... Below is my post from an earlier thread about the best announcers at games. I was referring to the Campbell County HS announcer......I assume it is the same announcer doing the tournament this week.

 

"I was there (Campbell Co.) for a game and was wishing I brought ear-plugs. I also didn't need him to explain after every "jump-ball" call why the ball was being given to the team it was being given to......."due to the alternate possession rule Campbell County will in-bounds the ball". I think most people understand the purpose of the possession arrow with out being told over and over during the game. Maybe it was just because it was so loud I didn't want him to say any more than he absolutely had to."

 

Glad to know I am not the only person that was annoyed by this.

Pretty bad that a free throw shooter had the ball and he was still talking.

 

Was he as loud at the middle school gym as he is at the high school? Hopefully the volume at the middle school doesn't go as high and you didn't need your ear plugs.

 

As far as the 50/50, if it couldn't be read during the half or between quarters (due to the band), he should have waited until there was a time-out called.

 

Anyway......Congrats to both teams!

 

Agree on all thoughts:thumb: Some people like to talk to just be heard. I am not a big fan and its pretty bad when you walk out in lobby and hear someone say I think I need to take up smoking just so I can walk outside to get away from the PA announcer and clear my ears. Man that is pretty bad!

Is this the same guy who at the HS says, "Welcome to the Desert!"

 

If it is, Pressrow and imo are right on. HE NEVER SHUTS UP!!!!:madman:

I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but there were quite a few people during the district tournament that complimented the CC announcer on how he announced the game.

 

I guess it is what you like.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.