Dixie Heights 66 Boone County 53

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the scoreboard. Anyone have any details?

Very suprised by this score.

Boone never led. I'm not surprised, they were thoroughly outcoached again. Boone had very little purpose, motion, screens, or set plays on offense to get open shots. 5 guys on the were perimeter standing around trying to go one on one and force up shots. No high/lows, pick and rolls, weave, or double screens were executed. That is not the players' fault.

A few kids on Boone also continue to play bad positional defense and let the person they are guarding drive by them on the baseline or down the lane or leave them wide open for 3s in transition. Boone has lost their last 2, and 5 of their last 12. The same thing happened last year. They won't beat the good teams or win the games that count unless there are major changes made. There's a wealth of talent, but you wouldn't know it. It all starts with one person. Credit to Dixie, I'm not saying they are a bad team. There is continued and growing dissatifaction at Boone with the direction of things over the last few years, and there's no secret that there are a multitude of people who share this opinion.

Boone never led. I'm not surprised, they were thoroughly outcoached again. Boone had very little purpose, motion, screens, or set plays on offense to get open shots. 5 guys on the were perimeter standing around trying to go one on one and force up shots. No high/lows, pick and rolls, weave, or double screens were executed. That is not the players' fault.

A few kids on Boone also continue to play bad positional defense and let the person they are guarding drive by them on the baseline or down the lane or leave them wide open for 3s in transition. Boone has lost their last 2, and 5 of their last 12. The same thing happened last year. They won't beat the good teams or win the games that count unless there are major changes made. There's a wealth of talent, but you wouldn't know it. It all starts with one person. Credit to Dixie, I'm not saying they are a bad team. There is continued and growing dissatifaction at Boone with the direction of things over the last few years, and there's no secret that there are a multitude of people who share this opinion.

Why is it every time Booone loses you immediately point the finger at the coach? Boone is a good team but has it ever occurred to you that maybe they lost because the team they played is better than them? A coach can only do so much.

And how could it not be the player's faults that screens weren't set, etc. Aren't they the ones who have to make the plays, not the coaches? The coaches can draw things up, but if the players don't execute, it's not the coaches fault and can also be attributed to the other team's good defense.

All in all a good win for Dixie. Boone will rebound but will need to play better as Ryle is starting to get hot as is St Henry and Boone has declined.

Why is it every time Booone loses you immediately point the finger at the coach? Boone is a good team but has it ever occurred to you that maybe they lost because the team they played is better than them? A coach can only do so much.

And how could it not be the player's faults that screens weren't set, etc. Aren't they the ones who have to make the plays, not the coaches? The coaches can draw things up, but if the players don't execute, it's not the coaches fault and can also be attributed to the other team's good defense.

All in all a good win for Dixie. Boone will rebound but will need to play better as Ryle is starting to get hot as is St Henry and Boone has declined.

It's the cool thing to do, blame the coach.

Because it is a recurring thing. It's not just me. There are many others who have the same opinion after watching Boone play all year and in the previous two years. I've heard from parents, current and former players, current and former coaches of other teams, and fans over the last 3 years. Not enough plays are called by the coach, only 1 or 2 plays are really ever used. I do not see the coaches draw things up during timeouts and adjust to what the other team is doing. It is no coincidence that Boone declined last year as the season ended too.

I would challenge anyone who went to the game to show me an example of where a simple pick and roll or high/low was called and run last night. I haven't seen a weave run all year. Players are not taught to make cuts through the lane or set enough screens. If they are, and they are not executing them, then the coach needs to get them out. I didn't see the coach raise his voice or stand up or get excited one time to try to motivate his kids. He has 1 technical all year. Many people out there who know Boone players and have watched them play over the years know they are better than what the game outcomes are showing right now. It's easy for someone not close to the program to claim that Boone's parents and fans are crying unjustifiably about the coach. How much have you actually watched Boone play over the last 3 years?

I do not consider Boone the favorite against Conner or St. Henry at this point. Other coaches have scouted Boone throughout the season, figured out how to defend them, and adjusted accordingly throughout the season.

How do you know it wasnt called in the huddle or in the locker room? Wildcat you make valid points and seem to have sophisticated knowledge of basketball but how do you know the coach is not coaching?

I guess I never hear the lack of coaching argument when they are winning that is all I am saying. If its lack of coaching then it will be consistently this way despite getting wins. I am not in the know though as I have not been to one Boone Co game so you would probably know better than I would.

Congrats to Dixie on the fine win.

You must have a kid in the system, because you constantly want to blame the coaching staff. Does the coach go out and shoot and/or pass the ball? Does the coach go out and play defense? All we have heard on this site is how good Boone County is, if so then they shouldn't need a coach, just go out and let their talent win the games. I don't know the coach very well, but I would just about bet he doesn't deserve the beating he takes from a few of the Boone Co. fans on BGP.

Because it is a recurring thing. It's not just me. There are many others who have the same opinion after watching Boone play all year and in the previous two years. I've heard from parents, current and former players, current and former coaches of other teams, and fans over the last 3 years. Not enough plays are called by the coach, only 1 or 2 plays are really ever used. I do not see the coaches draw things up during timeouts and adjust to what the other team is doing. It is no coincidence that Boone declined last year as the season ended too.

I would challenge anyone who went to the game to show me an example of where a simple pick and roll or high/low was called and run last night. I haven't seen a weave run all year. Players are not taught to make cuts through the lane or set enough screens. If they are, and they are not executing them, then the coach needs to get them out. I didn't see the coach raise his voice or stand up or get excited one time to try to motivate his kids. He has 1 technical all year. Many people out there who know Boone players and have watched them play over the years know they are better than what the game outcomes are showing right now. It's easy for someone not close to the program to claim that Boone's parents and fans are crying unjustifiably about the coach. How much have you actually watched Boone play over the last 3 years?

I do not consider Boone the favorite against Conner or St. Henry at this point. Other coaches have scouted Boone throughout the season, figured out how to defend them, and adjusted accordingly throughout the season.

So Boone has won 21 games this year despite a lack of coaching? I don't think so. The coach, once again, can only do so much. He comes up with a gameplan, but if the players don't execute the gameplan, they are going to lose.

Boone is talented, yes, but maybe not as talented as you think. Boone is still a rather young team and is going to make a lot more mistakes against more experienced teams.

Also, you speak of Boone's coach only receiving 1 technical this year. That's usually a good thing. A coach hurts his team when getting t'd up because it gives the other team an opportunity for a potential 4 or 5 point swing.

Also I have seen Boone 3 times this year. (Holmes, Covcath, and Highlands)

I think you need to take a step back and relax a little. I never hear complaining about the coaching when Boone is winning.

You must have a kid in the system, because you constantly want to blame the coaching staff. Does the coach go out and shoot and/or pass the ball? Does the coach go out and play defense? All we have heard on this site is how good Boone County is, if so then they shouldn't need a coach, just go out and let their talent win the games. I don't know the coach very well, but I would just about bet he doesn't deserve the beating he takes from a few of the Boone Co. fans on BGP.

:thumb:

Boone has a lot of good young talent no one can deny that. But to blame coaches players etc. is not fair. Last time I checked there is no I in team. (I know bad cliche) but truthfully until some one on the floor steps up and becomes that leader that a team can rally around you will have your ups and downs. This is called growing pains of a young team. They have very talented players and someone will step up to assume the leader role and the games that they lost this year that many felt they should have won will be wins.

Don't worry Wildcatfan they can bash all they want about you, I have been pretty close to the program for a while now and even played for Coach McQueary, great guy but not the greatest coach. I would have loved someone to light a fire under our butts when we played like Boone did last night, but when down 20 you see him sitting down relaxing. Like I said coach is a great guy, but I would love to see what these kids would be doing with a coach like coach Listerman who was the best motivator I ever played for.

Some valid points. They are young. However, I do still hear complaints, even after wins, although they may not make it to this board. What was the reason for for not getting out of the district last year when Boone had 7 seniors? I hear a lot of things about how good St. Henry, Conner's and others' coaches are good, and you don't want to play against them when it matters. How has Conner gotten to the district final each of the last 4 years with losing records in 3 of them? Coaching has plenty to do with it. How does St. Henry lose 7 seniors and upset Boone this year? Coaching had something to do with it. Coaches are accountable parts of the team too. Some coaches are good and have good results pretty much year after year, despite player changes, others don't.

Players should not have to take the credit or blame completely. The coaches are a big part of any team's equation. I am convinced of my point after watching games for 3 years. I know that parents of younger kids are questioning whether they should bring their kids to Boone.

Boone's freshman team had another outstanding season and won NKY at 25-1. I guess we'll see in a few years whether that makes any difference at the varsity level.

There is a lot of frustration among all Boone fans. I think it's hard to see this if you are a fan of another team. Without big changes, I'm not sure if Boone will do any better than have a decent regular season mark in the foreseeable future.

Don't worry Wildcatfan they can bash all they want about you, I have been pretty close to the program for a while now and even played for Coach McQueary, great guy but not the greatest coach. I would have loved someone to light a fire under our butts when we played like Boone did last night, but when down 20 you see him sitting down relaxing. Like I said coach is a great guy, but I would love to see what these kids would be doing with a coach like coach Listerman who was the best motivator I ever played for.

That's my point. Nice, likeable guy, not a great coach.