Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trevor Setty?

Featured Replies

If they aren't a D-1 school, how can they have D-1 players on their roster? Or are you just saying they "could" be?

 

D1 transfers.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the Mason county game vs Bryan Station is still on for tonight. With all the bad weather I was wondering if it had been canceled. Also we can speculate about these players all day but we don't know what they will do in college till they get there.

I would like to see Setty walk on at UK. He could come in and knock down a 3. Trevor's main thing is he really needs to work on his court awareness, he tends to try to make some passes he shouldn't make and results in turnovers. He is a D-1 player because of the potential he has. A 6'7" kid that can hit three's is very attractive to college coaches. Good luck Trevor where ever you decide to play.

Who wouldn't want to be a part of UK if you had the opportunity. I'd take the front row seat and the experience any day if it was presented. I don't believe anyone said that he would start BUT he is talented and could be developed. I'm sure the weight guys with the cats could bulk him up. Lord look at us now, we start a walk on Coury for most of the games and I'd take Setty over him any day of the week.

 

If you heard John Pelphry's comments on the news last night, he firmly stated that he definitely wasn't the most athletic or talented college player but he gave the team his all because it meant something to him to play at Kentucky. In my opinion, UK needs more players who actually CARE about the tradition of the program and are willing to bust their butts to bring it back to glory. I belive that Trevor Setty would definitely bring his heart to the floor any time he sat foot on it. Good Luck Trevor wherever YOU decide you want to be!

My bad I keep thinking he is a senior. I really think he is a good player. Always seems to hit big shots when they need them.

 

I agree, seems like he really handles pressure well. I like him as a player.

Does anyone know if the Mason county game vs Bryan Station is still on for tonight. With all the bad weather I was wondering if it had been canceled. Also we can speculate about these players all day but we don't know what they will do in college till they get there.

 

The sign in front of the high school still says it is on. If you want to check on it go to http://www.soft96.com and look on Danny Weedle's blog.

The sign in front of the high school still says it is on. If you want to check on it go to http://www.soft96.com and look on Danny Weedle's blog.

 

The game is officially still ON. JV at 6, varsity at 7:30, Mason County's Senior Night festivities in between.

Who wouldn't want to be a part of UK if you had the opportunity. I'd take the front row seat and the experience any day if it was presented. I don't believe anyone said that he would start BUT he is talented and could be developed. I'm sure the weight guys with the cats could bulk him up. Lord look at us now, we start a walk on Coury for most of the games and I'd take Setty over him any day of the week.

 

If you heard John Pelphry's comments on the news last night, he firmly stated that he definitely wasn't the most athletic or talented college player but he gave the team his all because it meant something to him to play at Kentucky. In my opinion, UK needs more players who actually CARE about the tradition of the program and are willing to bust their butts to bring it back to glory. I belive that Trevor Setty would definitely bring his heart to the floor any time he sat foot on it. Good Luck Trevor wherever YOU decide you want to be!

 

Great post. And what D-1 coach wouldn't want a 6-7 shooter, let alone one that has the genes of his dad, who is a solid and bulky guy? Trevor could end up being a very tall AND thick kid.

Great post. And what D-1 coach wouldn't want a 6-7 shooter, let alone one that has the genes of his dad, who is a solid and bulky guy? Trevor could end up being a very tall AND thick kid.

 

Yes, his dad is very solid and a big guy. Trevor's mom said that he was about Trevor's size (skinny) through high school and started to put on once he got to college. So, maybe Trevor will have a similar happening, if he does it would pay huge dividends.

I heard he was going to UK with Darius and that is why Billy G. was in the house last week. Possibly walk on the first year then maybe be on scholly.

 

Are you referring to the Elliott County game? I thought Billy G. was at that game to watch Ferguson.

Are you referring to the Elliott County game? I thought Billy G. was there to watch Ferguson at that game.

 

There were a few other guys that played in that game, I think. :confused:

 

A coach can go to a game to look at one player and maybe another catch his eye.

A piece of advice-go where you can play and have your education paid for.:ylsuper:

I heard he was going to UK with Darius and that is why Billy G. was in the house last week. Possibly walk on the first year then maybe be on scholly.

 

When I initially read the thread, I thought for sure this comment was a complete joke. But, I guess others in the thread are saying the same thing. Setty is a nice player, but he is nowhere near good enough to play at UK -- if UK is interested in getting back to the top of college basketball.

 

Now, if they want a practice player and someone Billy G. can kick off the team if he laughs during a game, then OK I can see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at prep school if the bigger offers don't come...

I saw where UK was looking at Landon Slone at Paintsville. If they think slone can play at UK then I knoe Setty can play at UK. Who would not want a 6'7" player who can bang the three from 25 on in. He would probably need to red shirt a year to mature more and bulk up and believe me they would bulk him up. All Mason Co fans remember Deron Feldhaus when he went to UK, everyone around Maysville bad move and he will just sit the bench. Pitino Bulked him up and made him a very good ball player. A tall player who can handle the ball and shhot the three is better than a 6'2" or 6'3" player shooting in college.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.