Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Players in the 16th region

Featured Replies

I know there were several preseason polls but after watching people play for 3 months who is now your top 10?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there were several preseason polls but after watching people play for 3 months who is now your top 10?

 

I will take a shot at it:

 

1. Jonathan Fergusson - The Hook

2. Chad Jackson - The Hill

3. Dakota Euton - The Hill

4. Cameron Hall - Westwood in the House

5. Brandon Clemons - Rub a Dub Dub County

6. Et. Faulkner - The Hook

7. Matt Thomas - A-Town

8. Jacob Sparks - Ramland

9. Drew Johnson - Eastside

10. Blake Pettit - Representing Rowan

 

Best Hops: Fergusson - Russell

 

Honorable Mention:

Metz - Bath

Selby - Boyd

Ev. Faulkner - Elliott

Rayburn - West

Barnhill - East

T. Maynard - Lewis

Middleton - Greenup

Witten - Lewis

Fergusson - Morgan

Jackson - East

Mayhew - Boyd

Bonner - Ashland

Knipp - Elliott

 

I apologize to Fleming and Menifee County - I have not seen any of their games.

How about Justin Middleton or Chris Baker from Greenup?

How about Justin Middleton or Chris Baker from Greenup?

 

Actually I did overlook Middleton. He is obviously in the Honorable Mention. I have seen 5 GC games this year and Middleton looked pretty decent in a couple of them.:thumb:

Love that list. Ferg is definitely the best in my opinion as well. I got the opportunity to see Chad Jackson some last year, that kid is special. Even if Euton is going to UK, someone is getting a gem in Jackson.

I will take a shot at it:

 

1. Jonathan Fergusson - The Hook

2. Chad Jackson - The Hill

3. Dakota Euton - The Hill

4. Cameron Hall - Westwood in the House

5. Brandon Clemons - Rub a Dub Dub County

6. Et. Faulkner - The Hook

7. Matt Thomas - A-Town

8. Jacob Sparks - Ramland

9. Drew Johnson - Eastside

10. Blake Pettit - Representing Rowan

 

Best Hops: Fergusson - Russell

 

Honorable Mention:

Metz - Bath

Selby - Boyd

Ev. Faulkner - Elliott

Rayburn - West

Barnhill - East

T. Maynard - Lewis

Middleton - Greenup

Witten - Lewis

Fergusson - Morgan

Jackson - East

Mayhew - Boyd

Bonner - Ashland

Knipp - Elliott

 

I apologize to Fleming and Menifee County - I have not seen any of their games.

 

I would definatley have to put Tyler Boyles from Raceland on the 1st team, imo he is one of the best guards in the 16th region.

Chris Barker from West not even in your honerable mention??? He ate Bonner up and shut him down last night. Alot of Bonner's points were on free throws, or at the end of the game. Rayburn is a nice player, but doesn't start all the time, and isn't as important for West as Joeseph Lee or Bo Thompson. Barker is atleast top 15 in the region if only for defensive purposes. He's not too bad around the rim either, if he catches it in the paint and you don't attempt to help it will be two points.

I have seen every team in the region, most more than once so here you go. The top 15 in no particular order in my opinion are:

Chad Jackson and Dakota Euton from RH, Faulkner twins and Jon Ferguson from Elliott, Clemmons and Metz from Bath, Chris Barker from West, Selby from Boyd, Drew Johnson and Barnhill from East, Cameron Hall from Fairview, Matt Thomas from Ashland, Tyler Boyles and Jacob Sparks from Raceland.

 

The MVP of the 16th imo, is Blandon Clemmons, he makes a team that would be average at best into a Regional Contender. My runner-up would be Ethan Faulkner. He is a threat for a triple double any night.

 

Offesive player of the year would be Jon Ferguson for obvious reasons. Clemmons would be here almost any other year.

 

Best defender take your choice.... Thomas, Jackson, Aurthur(i think was his name from Rose Hill), Clemmons, Drew Johnson, Ethan Faulkner and Joe Lee are all pretty good on the ball defenders. Post defense Barker, Sparks, Knipp (when he plays in there) are all good at protecting the rim. Jon Ferguson is also a good defender, as he usually takes the opponents top scorer.

 

Coach of the year would be tough: I would say either Hicks from Bath, Baker from East, or Fraley at Rose Hill all have done fantastic jobs.

I'll take Barker from WC over just about 1/2 of that list. He can play the 4 or the 5, and @ 6'2", he can drop step and dunk the basketball. I doubt whether very many in the region can do that, plus has good range and leads his team in FT percentage. He would start on ANY team in this region.

I will throw my list in the mix....

 

1. Jonathan Ferguson - Elliot

2. Dakotah Euton - Rose Hill

3. Ethan Faulkner - Elliot

4. Matt Thomas - Ashland

5. Chad Jackson - Rose Hill

6. Cameron Hall - Fairview

7. Brandon Clemons - Bath

8. Tyler Boyles - Raceland

9. Evan Faulkner - Elliot

10. Zack Metz - Bath

Why isn't Selby getting any love? The guy is a monster.

I will take a shot at it:

 

1. Jonathan Fergusson - The Hook

2. Chad Jackson - The Hill

3. Dakota Euton - The Hill

4. Cameron Hall - Westwood in the House

5. Brandon Clemons - Rub a Dub Dub County

6. Et. Faulkner - The Hook

7. Matt Thomas - A-Town

8. Jacob Sparks - Ramland

9. Drew Johnson - Eastside

10. Blake Pettit - Representing Rowan

 

Best Hops: Fergusson - Russell

 

Honorable Mention:

Metz - Bath

Selby - Boyd

Ev. Faulkner - Elliott

Rayburn - West

Barnhill - East

T. Maynard - Lewis

Middleton - Greenup

Witten - Lewis

Fergusson - Morgan

Jackson - East

Mayhew - Boyd

Bonner - Ashland

Knipp - Elliott

 

I apologize to Fleming and Menifee County - I have not seen any of their games.

 

Boog I know its hard to think of everyone but, how could you forget Tyler Boyles, he even has better hops than Russell's Ferguson, this kid can play the game and never stops and has never quit his team

I would definatley have to put Tyler Boyles from Raceland on the 1st team, imo he is one of the best guards in the 16th region.

 

:thumb: Boyles would have to be on my list as well. Tyler does a great job on the offensive side and IMO is one of the best defensive players in the Region.

It is tough to make a list and include everyone but if a list is in place T. Boyles gets my vote to be on it.

I will take a shot at it:

 

1. Jonathan Fergusson - The Hook

2. Chad Jackson - The Hill

3. Dakota Euton - The Hill

4. Cameron Hall - Westwood in the House

5. Brandon Clemons - Rub a Dub Dub County

6. Et. Faulkner - The Hook

7. Matt Thomas - A-Town

8. Jacob Sparks - Ramland

9. Drew Johnson - Eastside

10. Blake Pettit - Representing Rowan

 

Best Hops: Fergusson - Russell

 

Honorable Mention:

Metz - Bath

Selby - Boyd

Ev. Faulkner - Elliott

Rayburn - West

Barnhill - East

T. Maynard - Lewis

Middleton - Greenup

Witten - Lewis

Fergusson - Morgan

Jackson - East

Mayhew - Boyd

Bonner - Ashland

Knipp - Elliott

 

I apologize to Fleming and Menifee County - I have not seen any of their games.

 

Lewis County doesn't have a Maynard, but they have a sophmore Terrance Smith should be honorable mention and he should be in the top ten next year. He is a very solid player for a sophmore and if he continues to work hard will be a real dandy when he's a senior.

Boog I know its hard to think of everyone but, how could you forget Tyler Boyles, he even has better hops than Russell's Ferguson, this kid can play the game and never stops and has never quit his team

 

You are correct. I have seen him twice this year. Once had a great game and once was fair. He definetly is a player though.:thumb:

 

Hey, when you get old you forget everything....You should know about that:thumb:

Lewis County doesn't have a Maynard, but they have a sophmore Terrance Smith should be honorable mention and he should be in the top ten next year. He is a very solid player for a sophmore and if he continues to work hard will be a real dandy when he's a senior.

 

It is a shame that we did not have a 16th Region all star team that plays other Regions every year. Could you imagine what our Soph Class could do when they are Seniors?:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.