February 14, 200818 yr We've heard and read all the rants and raves about the wild "alcoholic" that is BCG. We always talk about how hard he is on this team. Then, this story surfaces: http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=38404&format=html :thumb::thumb::thumb:
February 14, 200818 yr Author I cannot get the link to work. I think too many people hit the site at once. Here's a start for you to wet your tastebuds: Vaught's Views: Sharing a lovely story By LARRY VAUGHT [email protected] Since today is Valentine's Day, why not a "lovely" story about Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie. No, it has nothing to do with the humiliating defeat Gillispie's Wildcats suffered at Vanderbilt on Tuesday night. Instead, this has to do with a radio show, "The General Store," on WPBK (102.9 FM) that originates in Stanford. The show runs each Monday through Saturday from 9-11 a.m. and involves listeners calling with items they have for sale. So what does this have to do with Gillispie? Simple. He listened and was touched by a heartwarming story from one woman. She called wanting to sell her car immediately because she needed money so she could attend her father's out-of-state funeral. During the show, someone called WPBK's Renee Knies and asked if he could do something to help the woman. The caller was told to call back after the show ended. When the show went off the air, the man called Knies again and said he wanted to help. He said his name was Billy Gillispie.
February 14, 200818 yr He loves his players that's why he pushes them so hard. Tough love but still love.
February 14, 200818 yr Author He loves his players that's why he pushes them so hard. Tough love but still love. I agree, but according to some on here, he is just not a nice person. I think he's a little different than many think.
February 14, 200818 yr I agree, but according to some on here, he is just not a nice person. I think he's a little different than many think. I do not believe the stories about his late night adventures or him being a terrible person. In todays world where everone has a video camera and camera phones are the norm, why is there no video evidence to back up all the accusations? Until I witness his bad behavior or see proven video evidence I will not pass judgement. I do agree with Wireman that BCG is much different than the label that has been placed upon him.
February 14, 200818 yr This is the kind of LEADERSHIP that we need across this great nation. I'm sure Tubby has some stories as well. Along with Joe B Hall and others this is what sets us (UK BASKETBALL) apart from the rest. We'll be back on top soon I'm sure, it's great to know this is the kind of person that will be leading young men on their journey.
February 14, 200818 yr This is the kind of LEADERSHIP that we need across this great nation. I'm sure Tubby has some stories as well. Along with Joe B Hall and others this is what sets us (UK BASKETBALL) apart from the rest. We'll be back on top soon I'm sure, it's great to know this is the kind of person that will be leading young men on their journey. :thumb: Excellent post LTW.
February 14, 200818 yr Author This is the kind of LEADERSHIP that we need across this great nation. I'm sure Tubby has some stories as well. Along with Joe B Hall and others this is what sets us (UK BASKETBALL) apart from the rest. We'll be back on top soon I'm sure, it's great to know this is the kind of person that will be leading young men on their journey. I agree. Think of it this way - how often do you hear of someone that has alot money and is well-known doing something like this? This was a selfless good deed and I greatly respect Coach G. for the decision to make that phone call. Usually the people that want to help people like this are the ones that don't have the means to help.
February 14, 200818 yr I wonder what BCG will do with the car? In all seriousness, this is a great story. I have a feeling before it is all said and done, BCG and the UK faithful will have lots to be proud of!!
February 14, 200818 yr Thanks guys, I want it all just like everyone does but it's not coming this year but it will. The fall from grace has been tough believe me. Since I moved here to Florida thats what everyone wants to know about and how it feels to not be the top dog no more. Well, I told one of the sports fans of here was that "you guys played our second worst team in my life time and it took you guys OT and almost 30 fouls vs 12 fouls to beat us" I hope Billy G and the guys keep working hard and keep UK Basketball alive and well. Our program has thumped so many over the years its with great pride they rejoice in our demise. We'll get back to kicking butt again and if this is our leaders attitude then we all win. GO CATS!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.