Top lineman in Northern KY 2008

NCBIRD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie will have a Bigger and Quicker line then last year ! Two returning starters and 4 or 5 that played alot as Soph's !

Who are the 4 or 5 sophomores that played a lot? The one that I thought was the best of the group quit before the halfway point of the season. I can't recall his name, but he looked like he had the most upside at the tackle position. He was big and aggressive. Tristan Luke got some PT, but not a whole lot. Then I think one of the starting guards was only a sophomore, and I can't recall his name. Who are the others that I'm missing?

Dixie will have a Bigger and Quicker line then last year ! Two returning starters and 4 or 5 that played alot as Soph's !

Are you talking about Defensive Line? Offensively, the only lineman I can think of with some experience is Joel Lubrano, who I might add, is one of the top lineman to watch this year. Maybe if "Biggie" and Chris come back to play, but they couldn't be counted on last year and I'm sure you know what happened. Hopefully both are more mature now because they would be very good linemen.

Who are the 4 or 5 sophomores that played a lot? The one that I thought was the best of the group quit before the halfway point of the season. I can't recall his name, but he looked like he had the most upside at the tackle position. He was big and aggressive. Tristan Luke got some PT, but not a whole lot. Then I think one of the starting guards was only a sophomore, and I can't recall his name. Who are the others that I'm missing?

Nees, 4 of the 5 offensive lineman who started all year were seniors. The other tackle was Lubrano (sophmore) at times and Tolson (junior) at times. The tight-end was also a senior who hadn't played since freshman year.

By the way, Lubrano will be a stud.

Nees, 4 of the 5 offensive lineman who started all year were seniors. The other tackle was Lubrano (sophmore) at times and Tolson (junior) at times. The tight-end was also a senior who hadn't played since freshman year.

By the way, Lubrano will be a stud.

Thanks! I could only think of 3. Koski, Freeman, and Highouse (sp??). Who was the 4th?

Lubrano was 77, right? He got a lot of PT from what I recall, but not real big. Didn't his PT significantly increase when #73 quit. And Tolson was big #75, correct?

Thanks! I could only think of 3. Koski, Freeman, and Highouse (sp??). Who was the 4th?

Lubrano was 77, right? He got a lot of PT from what I recall, but not real big. Didn't his PT significantly increase when #73 quit. And Tolson was big #75, correct?

Freeman (senior left tackle), Sanders (senior left guard), Highhouse (senior center), Koski (senior right guard) Lubrano (soph) & Tolson (junior) at Right tackle. Lubrano filled in all along the offinsive line because he was one of the few who could play any position. He also played some on defensive line.

Freeman (senior left tackle), Sanders (senior left guard), Highhouse (senior center), Koski (senior right guard) Lubrano (soph) & Tolson (junior) at Right tackle. Lubrano filled in all along the offinsive line because he was one of the few who could play any position. He also played some on defensive line.

Sanders. Thanks!!

I'm curious to see if the 2 sophomores come back. I wouldn't count on it, but it would give them 4 solid players along that line. They'd just have to find a center.

For what its worth, size doesn't mean squat in high school football. Helps you get a college scholarship, but I've seen so many big linemen in high school get whipped by smaller, quicker, better coached linemen over the years, it makes me sick. Way too many linemen get picked for the various all state teams based on size, rather than performance. I'll take small, quick linemen with good technique over big linemen any day.

LN, I couldn't agree more with your comment!