Larry French is New Coach at Boyle

Hatz

Congratulations to Coach French and the Boyle County Rebels. I was blessed to play for Coach French at Mercer County HS back in the early 80's. As I get older, I realize more and more what a blessing it was to play for Coach French- there is no one I would rather my sons play for. He is a great man and a tremendous football coach.

Looking back over the past 35 years, the guys my dad(John Buchanan) hired have turned out pretty good. First, he hired Ed Rall while at Boyle. Then, he hired Coach French at Mercer. I can still remember Coach French showing up at our house in Danville driving his white corvette!

Coach French then hired Chuck Smith at Mercer, who then hired Chris Pardue at Boyle. Turns out, all those guys are pretty good coaches.

Good luck to Coach French and the Boyle County Rebels!

David Buchanan

Great Post Coach and we at Boyle wish you nothing but success wherever you are. :thumb:

Your observations are right on, John hired some great people around him that helped to make more great people along the way. :thumb:

Congratulations to Coach French and the Boyle County Rebels. I was blessed to play for Coach French at Mercer County HS back in the early 80's. As I get older, I realize more and more what a blessing it was to play for Coach French- there is no one I would rather my sons play for. He is a great man and a tremendous football coach.

Looking back over the past 35 years, the guys my dad(John Buchanan) hired have turned out pretty good. First, he hired Ed Rall while at Boyle. Then, he hired Coach French at Mercer. I can still remember Coach French showing up at our house in Danville driving his white corvette!

Coach French then hired Chuck Smith at Mercer, who then hired Chris Pardue at Boyle. Turns out, all those guys are pretty good coaches.

David Buchanan

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ChiefSmoke,

Though I don't know you, I know your dad. Besides hiring all the good coaches mentioned, he's a fine man himself.

I'm happy that Boyle Co. got Coach French. From what I've heard and read, he's exactly the type of man for the job.

This is a good hire for BC. I couldn't be happier. I believe we got a great coach with a successful track record. Congratulations BC and to Steve Burkich (superintendant), Jim Spears (AD), and Elmer Thomas (principal) for getting the deal "done"..:thumb:

David Buchanan

This is a classy post.

I agree 100%, the coaching tree stemming from the hires of John Buchanan are unbelievable. Reminds me of Rick Pitino in basketball.

We at Meade were heartbroken when we lost coach French, but before he left he built a tradition that our kids still live up to. No matter where he has been he leaves a positive impression. Lincoln will have no problem finding a good coach to step into a rising program. BC has got a heckofa coach. Can't waite to see the defensive numbers that they put up with Larry at the wheel. Good luck Lincoln. Congrats BC. Thanks Coach French for all you did for us at Meade.