The Next South Carolina Coach will be...

letabrotherspeak

...Anthony Grant of VCU.

USC and big money backers will be making a major push for Grant.

I'm not in mark it down territory, but that is who South Carolina will be shooting for.

Gregg Marshall formerly of Winthrop, now at Wichita State, was out of the gate early, but that support has floundered.

Right now Grant lays in the crosshairs.

Would be a great move for him. I know he loves the idea of bringing VCU to the level of Gonzaga as he has told people, but USC is a great opportunity for him, IMO.

It's easy, relatively, to pull off the Gonzaga thing in a black hole such as western Washington. VCU is in Richmond, 1 1/2 hours away from the bright lights the DC market (and, by extension, the rest of the national media) would shine on it. Going to Columbia would be more of a no-brainer than me choosing Neko Case over Mama Cass Elliott.

I hear John Brady and Eddie Sutton will be in the market, all be it for different reasons. Eddie will gladly coach your team and lead them to the record of 1-30 but he'll be at win number 800 so thats all that really matters right :p.

.......No better than the last several. USC does not support basketball and won't for the foreseeable future.

I am with you Joe. The administration doesn't support it even though if Carolina is doing reasonably well, they will get a sellout or two in a season.

Man, be right 100 times, no one says a word.

Wrong once, :p

It's funny labs said Donovan to UK was a done deal, no one says a word to him, wonder why?

Oh that's right he's a UK guy. I get it now.

Just giving you a hard time 98, lighten up.

And Im not a UK guy, Im an Xavier guy! Not that it would sit any better with you though, Im sure. :D :banana:

Seth Davis mentioned LSU this week on his SI report.

Grant would be a hot commodity.

He could drive the ball out of the park with that job...more so than SC job...but I do know that SC is loading up the wagon for him.

VCU will not allow anyone to speak to Grant until after the season...but I am sure his agent will be talking to certain reps at school the rest of the year, just like Donovan's was...with Kentucky.