Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Basketball Predictions

Featured Replies

I know it's still early, but who are the current front runners for Mr. Basketball? IMO, Shelvin Mack from Bryan Station has to be the favorite at this point in the season. Does anyone else feel like UK and UL missed out on this kid?

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's still early, but who are the current front runners for Mr. Basketball? IMO, Shelvin Mack from Bryan Station has to be the favorite at this point in the season. Does anyone else feel like UK and UL missed out on this kid?

 

There is Darius Miller and everyone else.

 

No one else stands a chance.

There is Darius Miller and everyone else.

 

No one else stands a chance.

 

I believe there are some kids named Scotty Hopson and Shelvin Mack who might have something to say about that. Miller may or may not be the best, but others certainly stand a chance. I think it should be Hopson, Mack, and Miller, no one else stands a chance.

I believe there's a kid named Scotty Hopson who might have something to say about that. Miller may or may not be the best, but others certainly stand a chance. I think it should be Hopson, Mack, and Miller, no one else stands a chance.

 

True one of these 3 players will win it.

There is Darius Miller and everyone else.

 

No one else stands a chance.

 

How could you argue this? Miller is in a class of his own! Is anyone else capable of taking over a game single handedly like he did in the 4th quarter against Lexington Catholic?

Darius Miller has the edge because of his commitment to UK. Hopson and Mack are fantastic players, maybe even better than Miller, but Mississippi State and Butler recruits don't usually win this award.

What is the word on Hopson's Miss St commitment? I've heard he has very high interest in Cincy. It would be nice if Billy G could grab him!

What is the word on Hopson's Miss St commitment? I've heard he has very high interest in Cincy. It would be nice if Billy G could grab him!

 

Hospon says all the right things, basically that he'll be in Starkville next year. All the media reports tend to tell a different story. I don't know who to believe.

1. Miller

2. Miller

3. Miller

I do think Darius Miller is the front runner right now, but he doesn't seem to give much effort. He always seems to wait until he HAS to try. The MC vs. LC game for example; he did take over in the fourth. But why not play that way with 100% effort the entire game. If he does this, I doubt anyone has a chance against them.

What class is Jon Hood in??? I hear he is having a good season.

Well, Miller will get it because he signed with UK. However, I think voters should give serious consideration to Mack and Hopson. When is the last time Kentucky has produced a 5 star player or better yet a top 10 ranked player nationally by Scout and/or Rivals (Hopson). Also Bryan Station was very very bad before Mack came on the scene he has really helped turn that program around.

 

It is a shame that voters are influenced by the UK recruits (i.e. Carrier, Stockton). Not saying Miller is in their class he is much better. I think all three should have a legit shot.

What class is Jon Hood in??? I hear he is having a good season.

 

Jr., yeah he may get it next year.

I do think Darius Miller is the front runner right now, but he doesn't seem to give much effort. He always seems to wait until he HAS to try. The MC vs. LC game for example; he did take over in the fourth. But why not play that way with 100% effort the entire game. If he does this, I doubt anyone has a chance against them.

 

I think Novasel being in foul trouble allowed Miller to take over. But yeah, I was wondering the same thing he settled for too many jumpers in the first 3 quarters. Sometimes he will disappear for stretches like the Scott Co. game (granted he was in fould trouble). Mack never disappears for strecthes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.