Watusi

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a solid region.

Belfry- Great Coach and Program

Breathitt Co.- Great Coach and Program

Estill Co.- They should have the best team in school history.

Harlan Co- Should have great speed and talent at RB next season.

I totally agree :thumb:

I agree on both counts, a team with the kind of following and tradition that Belfry has should definitely play some marquee teams. Unfortunately most of the big powers in KY aren't situated near them.

I love watching the Pirates play and I would like to see them play the Rocks sometime, but unfortunately I doubt that it will ever happen. I think it would definitely be a good experience for both parties though, I haven't seen many teams that play as physical a style as Belfry does. I think that playing against the kind of offense Trinity brings to the field would help Belfry in the long run as well.

I AM NOT A BELFRY FAN !

But, this would be a type of team/game Trinity might actually loose.....

All it would take is for 1 or 2 things to go in Belfry's favor early in the game.

By no means would the game get out of hand, but T might not be able to correct the situation in their favor.

All that being said, I would still bet on T as the favor at the start of the game.

Why would Parkersburg be any more inclined to play at Belfry than Bell Co., for example.

If anything they would be less. WV's ratings system, as someone mentioned earlier, gives them 1 reason not to play. Here are a few more.. If they want to play good competition Morgantown is closer, Martinsburg just as close, Wheeling is closer, and there is a state called Ohio very near that plenty of competitive games can be found.

Playing Parkersburg is a pipe dream so you guys can scratch that one.

Yeah I realize it is a dream but it is just one I would like to see.

As far as the others I would love to see us go to Wheeling Park and see us play Wheeling Central Catholic. I see these guys play nearly every single year, and I could tell you they couldn't handle the physical play of Belfry. They would be a huge turn out from Mingo and Logan County WV to watch those guys go down to a school their own size.

But then again that is another dream.

I still wished a Bell County or somebody would have stepped up to the plate. I also would not be upset with a Letcher Central series, first class place to play and those guys are doing things right.

Letcher Central would be a good long-term series for the Pirates.

I would like to see Prestonsburg back on the schedule, but for reasons out of our control, I don't think it will happen any time soon.

Harlan County may be a possibility for a series after this year.

We've had series' with Lexington schools in the past with good results. There is good competition there and I'm sure there are some schools that would consider it being that Belfry travels so well. It would have to be another team that travels well also for it to work on a home and home basis though.

I would love to see one game a year against a NKY team. Be it Beechwood, NCC, Highlands, CCH, Dixie, Ryle, whoever. It would be a long trip, but it would be top notch competition and the gate money would be fantastic.

I AM NOT A BELFRY FAN !

But, this would be a type of team/game Trinity might actually loose.....

All it would take is for 1 or 2 things to go in Belfry's favor early in the game.

By no means would the game get out of hand, but T might not be able to correct the situation in their favor.

All that being said, I would still bet on T as the favor at the start of the game.

Could be, Belfry is an excellent program and I would love for the two teams to meet sometime. As it is it is unlikely that it would happen.

Could be, Belfry is an excellent program and I would love for the two teams to meet sometime. As it is it is unlikely that it would happen.

Thats a LONG trip for either program, but would be a lot of excitement about the game. Even though the Pirates would be a 50-1 underdog, it would be a fun matchup.

• 1 month later...

Belfry

2008 Kentucky High School Football

DATE

OPPONENT

SITE

SCORE

Aug 29, '08 Holy Cross (Louisville) Belfry - 8:30 PM

Sep 5, '08 Lawrence County Lawrence County - 7:30 PM

Sep 12, '08 East Ridge Belfry - 7:30 PM

Sep 19, '08 Shelby Valley Belfry - 7:30 PM

Oct 3, '08 Pikeville Pikeville - 7:30 PM

Oct 10, '08 Magoffin County Belfry - 7:30 PM

Oct 17, '08 Pike County Central Belfry - 7:30 PM

Oct 24, '08 Sheldon Clark Sheldon Clark - 7:30 PM

Oct 31, '08 East Carter Belfry - 7:30 PM

Nov 7, '08 Johnson Central Johnson Central - 7:30 PM

Schedule and scores last updated at Mar 6, 2008 12:49pm CST

Browsed the KHSAA and searched through the upcoming seaosn's schedules and saw this. It looks like Belfry won't be making any changes from last year's schedule really. Considering most teams don't have but one or two games listed, I take it that this is finalized.

Belfry

2008 Kentucky High School Football

OPPONENT

SITE

SCORE

Aug 29, '08 Holy Cross (Louisville) Belfry - 8:30 PM

Sep 5, '08 Lawrence County Lawrence County - 7:30 PM

Sep 12, '08 East Ridge Belfry - 7:30 PM

Sep 19, '08 Shelby Valley Belfry - 7:30 PM

Oct 3, '08 Pikeville Pikeville - 7:30 PM

Oct 10, '08 Magoffin County Belfry - 7:30 PM

Oct 17, '08 Pike County Central Belfry - 7:30 PM

Oct 24, '08 Sheldon Clark Sheldon Clark - 7:30 PM

Oct 31, '08 East Carter Belfry - 7:30 PM

Nov 7, '08 Johnson Central Johnson Central - 7:30 PM

Schedule and scores last updated at Mar 6, 2008 12:49pm CST

Browsed the KHSAA and searched through the upcoming seaosn's schedules and saw this. It looks like Belfry won't be making any changes from last year's schedule really. Considering most teams don't have but one or two games listed, I take it that this is finalized.

I wish these 2 could play earlier, that is a tough game to have before the playoffs.