Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Points In A Game

Featured Replies

Curious to see. Who holds the record for most points scored in a game for your school?

 

Jamie Morgan had 56 points in a game for Deming back in the 1990-91 season.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owsley County:

 

1. Jerry McIntosh, 1980---66 points

2. Donnie Edwards, 1970--65 points

3. Paul Smith, 1962---56 points

I can guess for Rockcastle and say Aaron Cash.... but I will leave that duty to Statman Hensley :thumb:

Leslie County - Tim Couch (Yes the same one...Not sure how many)

Leslie County - Tim Couch (Yes the same one...Not sure how many)

I know his senior year he scored close to 50 against us in Booneville, and also had a couple of nice dunks. Then he signed autographs for fans, mostly students, after the game.

Someone had 45. Nerl came close with 37 last year but I can't remember who has the record. Maybe it was Sean Maddey.

Someone had 45. Nerl came close with 37 last year but I can't remember who has the record. Maybe it was Sean Maddey.

 

 

Davey Johnson

Davey Johnson

 

Didn't Maddey have something in the 40's though?

When you think of CovCath you think of "TEAM Basketball" and to prove my point, you have to go way back in CovCath basketball history to find the record for most points scored by a player in a single game.

 

Most Points Scored: Mike Fessler 2/20/1962 vs. Dixie 50

Breathitt Bobcats

 

1996 Scott More against Clay Co. 65 points

1991 Tim Gross against Newport 54 points

2005 Andrew Sewell against Owsley 46 points

I know Chris Harrison had 72 for Tollesboro in the early 90's. I'm not sure that he didn't have more than that in a game, but I do remember him scoring 72.

Breathitt Bobcats

 

1996 Scott More against Clay Co. 65 points

1991 Tim Gross against Newport 54 points

2005 Andrew Sewell against Owsley 46 points

I remember that one very well. I thought Andrew was going to beat us by himself, but fortunately we had 3 players who scored in the 20s and offset a terrific game by him.

I remember that one very well. I thought Andrew was going to beat us by himself, but fortunately we had 3 players who scored in the 20s and offset a terrific game by him.

 

Who were those 3 players? Terry, Neely & Gross?

I believe Chris Lofton had around 54 one game. Not sure, but that may have been his career high.

When you think of CovCath you think of "TEAM Basketball" and to prove my point, you have to go way back in CovCath basketball history to find the record for most points scored by a player in a single game.

 

Most Points Scored: Mike Fessler 2/20/1962 vs. Dixie 50

 

 

:thumb:

 

But, Roger Tieman averaged 19+ points per game for his career. That only lasted 76 games, though. Fessler averaged 25.4.

 

I find it disappointing that Covington Catholic's website doesn't have Todd Jacob's actual stats posted on it. He's the latest member of the 1,000 point club and deserves to be recognized.

 

And, FWIW, Mike Fessler is not even in the 1,000 point club at CCH. And he had 762 points in 1 season!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.