Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If you were drafting for the Bengals...

Featured Replies

I believe Steinbach's departure hurt this line. Who was the LG this year? Whitworth? He's too big.

 

But we need a lot.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new coaching staff.

 

WR(to replace Ocho and clear up cap-space)

DL

LB

I'll give Levi the benefit of the doubt. I say overated because of his draft position. I'd get Long in at LT and move Levi to RT. Letting Steinbach go is going to effect this franchise for years. Or at least until the next worst personel move is made by the worst front office in the NFL.

 

There is absolutely no way that Long will fall that far to the Bengals current position. I can't see trading up to take him, too many needs to do something like that. More than likely, he will be the Pats selection, provided McFadden isn't there (and maybe if he is).

 

At this point, I think the Bengals need to either trade up to get Dorsey or a very good DE or they trade down and get more picks.

 

OL is an area of concern though, that much we can agree upon. Ghachic is terrible at C, Levi has some "issues", and the rest are serviceable at best. Can we let Justin Smith go and re-sign Steinbach? :lol:

I don't think the Bengals could get any value out of Rudi.

 

:thumb:Certainly not enough to move up more than a couple of spots. IMO, RB is the least valued position for NFL teams, aside from 4-5 guys, none of which are Rudi.

There is absolutely no way that Long will fall that far to the Bengals current position. I can't see trading up to take him, too many needs to do something like that. More than likely, he will be the Pats selection, provided McFadden isn't there (and maybe if he is).

 

At this point, I think the Bengals need to either trade up to get Dorsey or a very good DE or they trade down and get more picks.

 

OL is an area of concern though, that much we can agree upon. Ghachic is terrible at C, Levi has some "issues", and the rest are serviceable at best. Can we let Justin Smith go and re-sign Steinbach? :lol:

 

Yeah, I stated earlier that if not a stud DLineman then Long. I'd take Dorsey in a heartbeat. There is an undo button on the computer, maybe the Bengals should hit that concerning the Steinbach decision.:thumb:

1. Owner

2. GM

3. Scouting department

 

And now let's address the team.

 

You got that right! :thumb:

Assuming Odell and Brooks come back available and healthy the Bengals could have a log jam at LB.

 

I would maybe like to see them go DL, DE, and then either OL or TE.

 

Do you think Odell ever sees the field in a Bengals jersey again? I assumed he would be released when his suspension is lifted, that is why I thought they would go LB sooner rather than later.

  • Author
Do you think Odell ever sees the field in a Bengals jersey again? I assumed he would be released when his suspension is lifted, that is why I thought they would go LB sooner rather than later.

 

Nothing is for sure but my crystal ball says yes.

I'll give Levi the benefit of the doubt. I say overated because of his draft position. I'd get Long in at LT and move Levi to RT. Letting Steinbach go is going to effect this franchise for years. Or at least until the next worst personel move is made by the worst front office in the NFL.

 

I dont think we will be able to get Long with where we are at. But if we did, I would rather move Long to RT. I mean with all these fast pass rushers these days, you need a really athletic tackle out there. I mean Jonathon Odgan was regarded as one of the best LT's for years, however once he started to have to go against fast rushers like Dwight Freeny he got torn up. Levi is able to play against these fast rushers and even power rushers when he is healthy, or even close to healthy, he has already proven that. So if we did get Long, then I would have him at RT..:thumb:

I say LB in the first of Dorsey is not available.

Then go best LB or DL.

TE

DL

LB

RB

OL

I think when Kenny Irons gets 100% healthy they wont have a problem at HB. This kid can really run, or at least before his leg broke.

I disagree about the O-Line. Levi is way overrated, Willie is at the end of his career. Whitworth is serviceable, Ghuciac is not a great C, and Williams is a little better than Whit. If a stud DT is not possible, move up and take Long from Michigan. JMO:D

 

Levi has been a pro-bowl alternate-not overrated, just unlucky with injuries.

Willie didn't miss a start until he was injured this year; when he came back at the end, the Bengals started running the ball well again. Whitworth is more than serviceable; he nevers gives ground against the pass as Steinbach did, is very physical, and gets to the second level often; Ghuciac is not Brahm, but he does have the athleticism to continue to improve and be able to get to the second level; Williams is not as good as Whitworth; he really struggles against the athletic tackles or blitzers; they still have Koostria who has been a reliable backup; Stepanovich did a good job at backup Center.

 

They absolutely need to resign Andrews.

 

Kieft was drafted high, but hasn't recovered from his ACL, but they love his size and athleticism.

 

Santucci is a backup at Center if Stepanovich can't be resigned.

 

They like the big Guard from LSU: college free agent Nate Livings.

 

Signing Steinbach would have been hugely criticized and not affordable; more signings on offense after the signings of Levi and Willie; with the salary cap, no team can afford to have 3 of the top salary guys in the league on the o-line.

 

Lack of continuity due to injuries is what hurt the o-line this season.

Levi has been a pro-bowl alternate-not overrated, just unlucky with injuries.

Willie didn't miss a start until he was injured this year; when he came back at the end, the Bengals started running the ball well again. Whitworth is more than serviceable; he nevers gives ground against the pass as Steinbach did, is very physical, and gets to the second level often; Ghuciac is not Brahm, but he does have the athleticism to continue to improve and be able to get to the second level; Williams is not as good as Whitworth; he really struggles against the athletic tackles or blitzers; they still have Koostria who has been a reliable backup; Stepanovich did a good job at backup Center.

 

They absolutely need to resign Andrews.

 

Kieft was drafted high, but hasn't recovered from his ACL, but they love his size and athleticism.

 

Santucci is a backup at Center if Stepanovich can't be resigned.

 

They like the big Guard from LSU: college free agent Nate Livings.

 

Signing Steinbach would have been hugely criticized and not affordable; more signings on offense after the signings of Levi and Willie; with the salary cap, no team can afford to have 3 of the top salary guys in the league on the o-line.

 

Lack of continuity due to injuries is what hurt the o-line this season.

 

Your last sentence points to a lack of depth. This has been a major concern for the Bengals at many positions. The Jones pick was highly criticized at the time. I think the hope for an OLineman drafted as high as he was is a little more than a pro bowl alternate year. Steinbach was affordable if they let J Smith go. I think the Bengals erred in that choice. I would love to see a Dorsey come in, I just really like Long.

Unfortunately the mishandling of the Oline (Steinbach), has forced them to address this need ASAP. I know the offense put up yards this season, but it was not the same offense that could carry the team. They at least have to have a difference making offense or defense. They are closer on offense so I say go with Jake Long.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.