Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shelby Co. 70 Highlands 52

Featured Replies

Is he hurt or resting? Hopefully just resting and giving some Jr's...er, I mean Sophomores some PT.

 

DMZ, I know you love your Juniors but I gotta be honest, the sophomores on this team are very strong and at this point earning the PT. The Juniors should be taking advantage of starting and playing a ton of JV ball so they can be warm and ready later in the season or simply be seasoned for next year when they will need some Senior leadership. JMO though.

Is anyone going to give us the scoop on McGraw?

 

McGraw took a spill on a loose ball late in the first game on Thursday and sat out the rest of the game with ice. I believe it was intended that he would sit out the game on Fri. to avoid back-back-back (although he did dress on the bench) Saturday he didn't dress......... don't know exactly how the decision was made but HE stated that he is wants to make sure he is healthy for District&Regionals. I think it is day to day as to his playing status.

  • Author
DMZ, I know you love your Juniors but I gotta be honest, the sophomores on this team are very strong and at this point earning the PT. The Juniors should be taking advantage of starting and playing a ton of JV ball so they can be warm and ready later in the season or simply be seasoned for next year when they will need some Senior leadership. JMO though.

 

How many JR's will hang around for another season of watching underclassmen play ahead of them? I don't mean to upset the apple cart but I've seen Willie totally discount a class before. Are the Soph's really that much better? If so, then by all means play them. And being that I've yet to catch a game live, my opinions are somewhat biased on last year's look. I just think you would "season" the Soph's on JV. But then again, I am a dinosaur!

How many JR's will hang around for another season of watching underclassmen play ahead of them? I don't mean to upset the apple cart but I've seen Willie totally discount a class before. Are the Soph's really that much better? If so, then by all means play them. And being that I've yet to catch a game live, my opinions are somewhat biased on last year's look. I just think you would "season" the Soph's on JV. But then again, I am a dinosaur!

 

What Jr. should be playing ahead of what sophmore?

  • Author

Like I said previously...I've not seen this year's edition live yet...I'm shooting for Friday against Dixie...stay tuned!

Then maybe an easier question. What class did Willie discount before?

Messer/Turner/Guidugli/Kellin-Smith but they might all be relegated to JV ball at this point.

 

Good move by Willie if he did rest McGraw. Winning the Shelby Co. tournament is not worth ruining one of your top players that you will need come March.

 

I believe Keller-Smith is a sophomore. Actually I'm sure he is.

 

And to be fair to Willie, the sophomore hoops class is pretty darn talented.

I believe Keller-Smith is a sophomore. Actually I'm sure he is.

 

And to be fair to Willie, the sophomore hoops class is pretty darn talented.

 

Soph Kowolonek, 3rd in scoring and leads the team in rebounding. Soph class has a lot of potential.:thumb:

  • Author
Soph Kowolonek, 3rd in scoring and leads the team in rebounding. Soph class has a lot of potential.:thumb:

 

Please pass the crow! I took in the HHS-Dixie JV-V game tonite and was extremely underwhelmed with the JV team. The boys looked abit lifeless tonite. Dixie managed to play down to the Birds level and blew a 9 pt lead to eek out a 3 pt. victory. As for the Varsity, I was absolutely impressed with the effort and game of Ben Watson, the Grote boy, and future star Lil' Stevie Kowolonek. All sophomores and all played MUCH better than any JR on the squad. McGraw was fabulous in the first half...cooled abit in the second. Simpson seemed to be sleepwalking all night until the last 2 minutes when he decided to play defense for a possession and made a key steal-assist. He then closed out the game with some stellar free throw shooting. Never could figure out why Willie didn't clear out and let Nic take a much smaller man to the hole??? Well, now it's on to the team from Park Hills!! Go Birds'!

Please pass the crow! I took in the HHS-Dixie JV-V game tonite and was extremely underwhelmed with the JV team. The boys looked abit lifeless tonite. Dixie managed to play down to the Birds level and blew a 9 pt lead to eek out a 3 pt. victory. As for the Varsity, I was absolutely impressed with the effort and game of Ben Watson, the Grote boy, and future star Lil' Stevie Kowolonek. All sophomores and all played MUCH better than any JR on the squad. McGraw was fabulous in the first half...cooled abit in the second. Simpson seemed to be sleepwalking all night until the last 2 minutes when he decided to play defense for a possession and made a key steal-assist. He then closed out the game with some stellar free throw shooting. Never could figure out why Willie didn't clear out and let Nic take a much smaller man to the hole??? Well, now it's on to the team from Park Hills!! Go Birds'!

 

 

Did any Jr's get in tonight? I'm not sure I saw any play. If they did it was very brief.

 

Also, which kid from Dixie is going to Tenn. I thought it was #32 who I thought played great. Others were saying it was the big guy, but I noticed he stayed on the bench most of the second half. Could someone fill me in.

Did any Jr's get in tonight? I'm not sure I saw any play. If they did it was very brief.

 

Also, which kid from Dixie is going to Tenn. I thought it was #32 who I thought played great. Others were saying it was the big guy, but I noticed he stayed on the bench most of the second half. Could someone fill me in.

 

 

Neither.

 

Dixie played a team in Lexington last week, from Tennessee, who has a kid going to UT. Dixie won the game easily.

 

Dixie has some really good high school players, but none of them are headed to the SEC.

 

I hope this helps.

  • Author
Did any Jr's get in tonight? I'm not sure I saw any play. If they did it was very brief.

 

Also, which kid from Dixie is going to Tenn. I thought it was #32 who I thought played great. Others were saying it was the big guy, but I noticed he stayed on the bench most of the second half. Could someone fill me in.

 

I based my assessment from the JV game. No Jr.s hit the varsity floor. And from this 1 night assessment, they shouldn't have gotten in. The soph's that are Varsity look to have deserved their positions. The Jr's will have to show they deserve time in practice every day or play better JV ball. Right now, I'd say Willie has a solid rotation and a very solid core for the future!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.