Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Walton Girls BBall: What's the problem?

Featured Replies

The real question is, is anything going to be done to fix the problem? The current talent level is enough to challenge for an All "A" Regional Championship and for at least runner up in the district and a trip to the 8th Region Tournament, however the way things are going they will be lucky to win 10 games this season. This is a far cry from the level of success that they have experienced in the past.

 

There is a lot of talent coming up through the middle school, but there is a lot of talent on the court right now and they seem to be underachieving again like they did last year.

 

Not sure that you can blame the coach, she was put in a bad situation. But something should be done to get the most out of the talent that is coming up.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, idk. I have been with Walton (Boys and Girls) for a long time, and have seen many different things, but this whole situation blows my mind. The school went the wrong way with this. It's hurting a GREAT team, which could be one of the best this year, but now its nothing. I think there is a reason for getting this coach, and maybe didn't care if the program fell apart. I really don't have an answer but there is a reason and no one knows!

 

 

Jeanie, I would be curious to hear your hypothesis as to what the reason was for hiring the current coach. Do you think they have someone waiting in the wings to pick up the job when she fails??

Jeanie, I would be curious to hear your hypothesis as to what the reason was for hiring the current coach. Do you think they have someone waiting in the wings to pick up the job when she fails??

 

Yeah, I think that could be the reason. That's what I think! IMO.

Yeah, I think that could be the reason. That's what I think! IMO.

 

Then why not hire that person when they got rid of the last coach?

The real question is, is anything going to be done to fix the problem? The current talent level is enough to challenge for an All "A" Regional Championship and for at least runner up in the district and a trip to the 8th Region Tournament, however the way things are going they will be lucky to win 10 games this season. This is a far cry from the level of success that they have experienced in the past.

 

There is a lot of talent coming up through the middle school, but there is a lot of talent on the court right now and they seem to be underachieving again like they did last year.

 

Not sure that you can blame the coach, she was put in a bad situation. But something should be done to get the most out of the talent that is coming up.

 

Question?? How can you say she was put in a bad situation??!! I mean she had a winning team, she got a team with talent, experience, and a great group of girls that knew how to win!! How in the world was she put into a bad situation? Thats crazy to say! These girls had heart and all the tools to go far. This is the situation I would want if I was going after a coaching job. Come to a good team! I don't understand what you mean by that?

 

Welcome to the site by the way!! :laugh:

Question?? How can you say she was put in a bad situation??!! I mean she had a winning team, she got a team with talent, experience, and a great group of girls that knew how to win!! How in the world was she put into a bad situation? This is the situation I would want if I was going after a coaching job. Come to a good team! I don't understand what you mean by that?

 

Welcome to the site by the way!! :laugh:

 

I guess what I mean by that is that she seems to be a good person who is trying her best who is just in way over her head. I do not think that she should have been hired for the position. From what I heard they had a difficult time filling the job after they left the old coach go. Why do you think that is?

Then why not hire that person when they got rid of the last coach?

 

I have no idea? Maybe wasn't ready, needed more time to learn about the game, or maybe needed to find a new job to be able to coach. There are many different reasons why they didn't get the person they wanted right away.

I guess what I mean by that is that she seems to be a good person who is trying her best who is just in way over her head. I do not think that she should have been hired for the position. From what I heard they had a difficult time filling the job after they left the old coach go. Why do you think that is?

 

Oh I understand what you mean. Yeah, no disrespect to their current coach at all (great person), she is just way over her head, but I'm guessing, finding a girls head coach is harder than we might think. There has to be a real reason why they let their old coach go, and only a few know that answer, and only time will tell, to see what that is. Do you follow Walton much?

With all of the talent that WV has in the girls program (the seniors are loaded, and from the 8th grade down they may be the best in the 8th Region) why do you think they had a hard time filling the position after they let the previous coach go??

With all of the talent that WV has in the girls program (the seniors are loaded, and from the 8th grade down they may be the best in the 8th Region) why do you think they had a hard time filling the position after they let the previous coach go??

 

Not sure, you think it would be easy, but I'm not sure. Maybe they have someone lined up, maybe they thought that this would work (with the current coach) or maybe they just didn't care (that's that it seems like). Meaning about the ADMINISTRATION. Just like Baldguy said earlier. There just seem like there has to be a meaning to do all this. Don't you agree? What are your views?

Not sure, you think it would be easy, but I'm not sure. Maybe they have someone lined up, maybe they thought that this would work (with the current coach) or maybe they just didn't care (that's that it seems like). Meaning about the ADMINISTRATION. Just like Baldguy said earlier. There just seem like there has to be a meaning to do all this. Don't you agree? What are your views?

 

I agree completely. The previous coach had a great deal of success on the court and had a lot of kids go on to play at the next level. Everyone I have ever talked to said that he put a lot of time and effort into the program. Not sure what the administration was looking for, but I am more curious to know if this is what they had in mind when they made the change. As someone else said, they are definitely going in a "new direction"

I agree completely. The previous coach had a great deal of success on the court and had a lot of kids go on to play at the next level. Everyone I have ever talked to said that he put a lot of time and effort into the program. Not sure what the administration was looking for, but I am more curious to know if this is what they had in mind when they made the change. As someone else said, they are definitely going in a "new direction"

 

Agreed. This issue needs to be fixed, as soon as possible. I just hope this program will get back on the right track, like years past, when I loved to help this program out!

Oh I understand what you mean. Yeah, no disrespect to their current coach at all (great person), she is just way over her head, but I'm guessing, finding a girls head coach is harder than we might think. There has to be a real reason why they let their old coach go, and only a few know that answer, and only time will tell, to see what that is. Do you follow Walton much?

 

 

I follow several girls teams in the 8th Region, but I probably attend more WV games than any other. I even go to some of their younger kids games.

Life is too short to worry about things we can't control. This appears to be a "Cold Case" which may never be solved. I'm sure that after a few mores years of coaching experience, the current coach will turn the program around and everyone will be excited again about WV basketballl. :rolleyes:

Life is too short to worry about things we can't control. This appears to be a "Cold Case" which may never be solved. I'm sure that after a few mores years of coaching experience, the current coach will turn the program around and everyone will be excited again about WV basketballl. :rolleyes:

 

Wishful thinking!:cry:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.