A new low for the Courier Journal

All Tell

I don't have a problem with keeping the names of winners private. I remember Jack Whitacker (bad example) getting death threats on himself and his family. It got to the point that his granddaughter had a bodygaurd with her 24/7.

Lottery winners' names (but not their addresses or other contact info) should be made public just so people know the lottery organization is being honest and aboveboard.

Jack Whittaker should have, in the words of the old TV theme, "moved away from there."

In Ohio you can hire an Attorney and have them collect the money without revealing your name.

I would want my name kept secret. You do gain alot of "friends" (just ask Michael Vick) or in my case as a Single Dad I would gain alot of prospective Brides :D

I honestly wouldn't care if they put my name in the paper. I'd just hire someone to answer my phone when all my "friends" called and tell them I wasn't around.

If I ever won the lottery I'm sure I'd give more away than I'd keep. The majority of it would go to close friends and family. I'd also go by the rule that if I haven't talked to you in the last week or two, don't call for your share because it's not gonna be that much.

I like your thinking, great strategy, use your winnings to slow down the problem.

My wife's old roomate from college won $100,000 off a scratch off in Hazel Green KY. It's funny because their little boy wanted something to eat on the way home from basketball practice. His dad stopped in a gas station to get a slice of pizza. He got in the car and started scratching. $10,000, $10,000, $10,000 etc. He said he about passed out when he saw the first one and couldn't breathe by the end. Funny thing was the little boy was in the back going off because he hadn't given him his pizza. Then he started calling his wife and she wouldn't pick up the phone. He said he was scared to death because some toothless, no shirt drunk found out he won while he was there and was kidding saying he was coming to his house that night. He said he didn't sleep a wink all night! GREAT people and deserved every bit of it!