Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steelers 24 Bengals 10

Featured Replies

Absolutely Carson was horrible on Sunday night. No doubt about it.

And no doubt about it, Chad at a key point of the game, had no clue on it being a key point of the game.

 

Chad's is a pattern, Carson's is not.

I've had problems with Carson all year. His passing has been cold this year. Couple that with his mediocre leadership and his inability to operate outside the pocket and you have a QB who will never get you to the Super Bowl.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you (or any other Chad-haters) watch the game for any other reason than to find mistakes made by Chad and attribute them to his celebrations? Yes, he made a bonehead play, so did most of the rest of the team, in fact that's been the status quo this year (and past) with the Bengals. I just don’t understand this fire and brimstone “Chad made a bad play because he celebrates after touchdowns and has fun! Trade him! Cancer!” But every other bonehead gets a pass. Of course you are going to find a pattern if that’s all you look for.

 

If you pick out only my Bengals posts that address Chad, you will have a pattern that I am only a Chad hater.

 

I can tell you I don't watch the game to see Chad do some stupid little routine. I don't watch the game to see some DL (especially not a Bengal game as they never get to the QB) do a dance after a sack. I don't watch the game to see a RB/WR stick their hand out signifying a 1st down when they are losing.

 

In August, I expressed concern about the OL and Levi's/Willies ability to stay healthy.

 

I have repeatedly ripped Marvin and the things he does.

 

The defense in general has been horrible except for the last few games.

 

I have questioned about is there any successful team that does not use their TE as a receiver.

 

I have stated that I would like to see DeDe get more snaps and use some speed there.

 

Look only for my Chad posts and you will see what you have said you see. But that is not indicative of my Bengals posts.

 

Heck, I was even appreciative of them swooning early this season, so I can have my Sunday afternoons free.

I've had problems with Carson all year. His passing has been cold this year. Couple that with his mediocre leadership and his inability to operate outside the pocket and you have a QB who will never get you to the Super Bowl.

 

Yet he's miles better than Roethlisberger and it isn't even open for discussion, to hear most Bengals fans tell it. :sssh:

If you pick out only my Bengals posts that address Chad, you will have a pattern that I am only a Chad hater.

 

I didn't say that you were only a Chad-hater, but you are nonetheless. It’s safe to say Chad-haters spend a disproportionate amount of time criticizing Chad, linking any mistakes to celebrations, while exempting most other players from poor play, namely Carson. In the Bengals thread were we abused the Titans, you made 7 of your 9 posts on Chad. In this thread, were we were thoroughly beaten for four quarters due to miserable play all over the field, Chad somehow makes an appearance for one mistake, and (shocker!), it’s a direct result of his celebrations.

I didn't say that you were only a Chad-hater, but you are nonetheless. It’s safe to say Chad-haters spend a disproportionate amount of time criticizing Chad, linking any mistakes to celebrations, while exempting most other players from poor play, namely Carson. In the Bengals thread were we abused the Titans, you made 7 of your 9 posts on Chad. In this thread, were we were thoroughly beaten for four quarters due to miserable play all over the field, Chad somehow makes an appearance for one mistake, and (shocker!), it’s a direct result of his celebrations.

Hey, he is the one that wanted all the attention on him. He got his wish and when the Bengals and him does not perform up to standards, he is going to get more of the negative attention because HE IS THE ONE wanting to draw attention to himself.

 

Thing is, he wants all the good and none of the bad. Typical arrogant athlete.

 

The others, I don't see them in front of the cameras like some little kid, saying, "Look at me, Look at me."

 

I am NOT a Chad hater. I am a Chad's actions that shows he is more concerned with himself than the team hater.

 

He is extremely talented and one of the top 5 receivers in at least the AFC. I have said if they trade him, they should demand someone like a Merriman from SD back. That should tell you what level of talent I think he has.

 

But I am fed up with his "look at me" attitude.

Yet he's miles better than Roethlisberger and it isn't even open for discussion, to hear most Bengals fans tell it. :sssh:

 

Someone on here somewhere once said, it is all about winning. Big Ben's teams win. Carson's teams do not.

Hey, he is the one that wanted all the attention on him. He got his wish and when the Bengals and him does not perform up to standards, he is going to get more of the negative attention because HE IS THE ONE wanting to draw attention to himself.

 

He's an NFL player, how does he not get attention? And he gets a ton of negative attention, but it's mainly overly opinionated stuff about how he won't run over the middle because he celebrates in the endzone, or he dropped a pass because he celebrates in the endzone. I understand it when he really does play poorly, but the most of it is really overexaggerated. Even when he scores three TDs and makes a professional secondary look like grade-schoolers he catches nothing but criticism.

 

Thing is, he wants all the good and none of the bad. Typical arrogant athlete.

 

How do you know this?

 

I am NOT a Chad hater. I am a Chad's actions that shows he is more concerned with himself than the team hater.

 

You really can't separate the two. Chad is going to be an awesome receiver and he's going to celebrate, wear gold fronts, and sport a dyed mohawk.

 

He is extremely talented and one of the top 5 receivers in at least the AFC. I have said if they trade him, they should demand someone like a Merriman from SD back. That should tell you what level of talent I think he has.

 

But I am fed up with his "look at me" attitude.

 

Seriously? You don't like Chad because of his "look at me" attitude but you would trade him for Merriman? Seriously? If that's really the case then you're attributing a lot more of your dislike of Chad to his flamboyant attitude than is warranted.

He's an NFL player, how does he not get attention? And he gets a ton of negative attention, but it's mainly overly opinionated stuff about how he won't run over the middle because he celebrates in the endzone, or he dropped a pass because he celebrates in the endzone. I understand it when he really does play poorly, but the most of it is really overexaggerated. Even when he scores three TDs and makes a professional secondary look like grade-schoolers he catches nothing but criticism.

 

 

 

How do you know this?

 

 

 

You really can't separate the two. Chad is going to be an awesome receiver and he's going to celebrate, wear gold fronts, and sport a dyed mohawk.

 

 

 

Seriously? You don't like Chad because of his "look at me" attitude but you would trade him for Merriman? Seriously? If that's really the case then you're attributing a lot more of your dislike of Chad to his flamboyant attitude than is warranted.

 

Marvin Harrison is an awesome receiver and does not do all of that stuff.

 

I am meaning Merriman more on his talent than anything else. That is the talent that I think Chad has. I just want him to lead the Bengals to winning football games. THAT entertains me. Him jumping into the Dog Pound and the Bengals losing means nothing. Him getting behind a camera when his team is having one of the worse seasons in his career, is self-interest. He looks foolish for celebrating while his team stinks.

 

He wants more than just the regular attention. He wants to be on ESPN not for just catching a pass like the other receivers but for other stuff, the celebration stuff. When you want the spotlight on you, don't pout, like he is, when that spotlight is still on you when things are bad.

Someone on here somewhere once said, it is all about winning. Big Ben's teams win. Carson's teams do not.

 

Well, Carson's teams used to win back when he was in residence at USC. Something bad happened when he came to Cincy, and I think it has a lot to do with Mike Brown …

Do the refs hate the Bengals? I'm not blaming them for the loss, that goes on Carson. But sheesh, some of the penalties and red flag reviews were ridiculous. Why didn't Marvin challenge the Henry catch? And when will Carson stop with the taking a knee when he thinks the defense is offsides?

 

 

Maybe when their feeble-minded coaches insist that he does. It is ridiculous!

[/b]

 

 

Maybe when their feeble-minded coaches insist that he does. It is ridiculous!

 

Marvin said the tape indicated that the Steelers were indeed offides; you may not believe him, but he would not straight-out lie to the world.

He's an NFL player, how does he not get attention? And he gets a ton of negative attention, but it's mainly overly opinionated stuff about how he won't run over the middle because he celebrates in the endzone, or he dropped a pass because he celebrates in the endzone. I understand it when he really does play poorly, but the most of it is really overexaggerated. Even when he scores three TDs and makes a professional secondary look like grade-schoolers he catches nothing but criticism.

 

 

 

How do you know this?

 

 

 

You really can't separate the two. Chad is going to be an awesome receiver and he's going to celebrate, wear gold fronts, and sport a dyed mohawk.

 

 

 

Seriously? You don't like Chad because of his "look at me" attitude but you would trade him for Merriman? Seriously? If that's really the case then you're attributing a lot more of your dislike of Chad to his flamboyant attitude than is warranted.

 

 

FYI:

Sports Illustrated polled the NFL players, as they do every week, and in last week's issue, the players rated Chad Johnson as the 2nd easiest WR to intimidate, the first being Randy Moss.

Yet he's miles better than Roethlisberger and it isn't even open for discussion, to hear most Bengals fans tell it. :sssh:

 

As a pure passer, Palmer is better.

 

Roethlisberger makes more things happen with his feet.

 

They have different attributes.

 

At this point, Roethlisberger has a better team surrounding him, and football is the consumate team sport.

It's over move onto the off season.:fire:

Marvin said the tape indicated that the Steelers were indeed offides; you may not believe him, but he would not straight-out lie to the world.

That's what you call a free play. Why not take advantage of it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.