Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dookie V in Rupp this weekend, REMEMBER

Featured Replies

I love UK and I am happy BCG is the coach, but nothing Dickie V said was false. He made some great points and UK fans are so sensitive they think everything is a slight against them. This isn't trashing UK it's him giving his opinion, which I agree with. Remember, I'm a UK fan

  • Author

The day Tubby left Vitale went on ESPN and essentially said that no coach worth his salt should go to UK because our crazy fanbase will run him off the way we ran off Tubby. His comments were not only misinformed but were an attempt to damage the program. That goes well beyond fair comment on the lunatic fringe of our fanbase, the same lunatic fringe that every program's fanbase has.

He went overboard...he said if Donovan would have taken the job, it would have been downhill after the press conference.

I agree we have some loonies out there, but he painted with an awfully wide brush the entire time, regarding the UK fans.

This comes from a guy who came out in support of former Baylor coach Dave Bliss, after Bliss told his players not to cooperate with authorities regarding the murder of a teammate.

He also supported Jim Harrick after the grading scandal at Georgia.

I certainly don't appreciate some of the things that he said but I must say a lot of it was right on the money. I can't blame the man for speaking the truth about "some" "so called" U.K. fans (lets say, the famous 18%:rolleyes:). These are the ones that I really believe think they are good fans and support the program but everything they say and do says otherwise.

 

I know that a lot will blast me for this but I am not going to get into all of the Tubby Bashers again.

 

U.K. and Tubby have moved on. The only thing that I will say is that NO MAN or HIS FAMILY should have to take the kind of verbal abuse that OTS and family did. A lot of the screaming and bashing were by individuals that I would question if they could even spell Basketball.

Vitale was dead on about that.I can't blast Vitale for speaking his mind, he was right about a lot of it. Dick Vitale loves college basketball and promotes it and the kids and coaches. Also, with the work the man does for the JimmyV foundation and cancer reasearch I could never blast him. I may not agree with some things he says but I respect the man.

 

I am done with it like I said, so all the bashers that want to continue your agenda and hatred go ahead, you will get no reply's from me :rolleyes::sleep:.

 

Tubby Smith is one of the very best basketball coaches in the country and imo he will do a very good job in rebulding the Minn. program, NO ONE has more class than him and his family and I wish them well.

 

I am and always will be a U.K. basetball fan all the way, that will never change and I fully support Bill Gillispie.

I am now also a Minnesota Golden Gopher basketball fan and I wish the Smith family nothing but the best.

I love UK and I am happy BCG is the coach, but nothing Dickie V said was false. He made some great points and UK fans are so sensitive they think everything is a slight against them. This isn't trashing UK it's him giving his opinion, which I agree with. Remember, I'm a UK fan

 

:thumb::thumb: Absolutely correct! Well said.

I certainly don't appreciate some of the things that he said but I must say a lot of it was right on the money. I can't blame the man for speaking the truth about "some" "so called" U.K. fans (lets say, the famous 18%:rolleyes:). These are the ones that I really believe think they are good fans and support the program but everything they say and do says otherwise.

 

I know that a lot will blast me for this but I am not going to get into all of the Tubby Bashers again.

 

U.K. and Tubby have moved on. The only thing that I will say is that NO MAN or HIS FAMILY should have to take the kind of verbal abuse that OTS and family did. A lot of the screaming and bashing were by individuals that I would question if they could even spell Basketball.

Vitale was dead on about that.I can't blast Vitale for speaking his mind, he was right about a lot of it. Dick Vitale loves college basketball and promotes it and the kids and coaches. Also, with the work the man does for the JimmyV foundation and cancer reasearch I could never blast him. I may not agree with some things he says but I respect the man.

 

I am done with it like I said, so all the bashers that want to continue your agenda and hatred go ahead, you will get no reply's from me :rolleyes::sleep:.

 

Tubby Smith is one of the very best basketball coaches in the country and imo he will do a very good job in rebulding the Minn. program, NO ONE has more class than him and his family and I wish them well.

 

I am and always will be a U.K. basetball fan all the way, that will never change and I fully support Bill Gillispie.

I am now also a Minnesota Golden Gopher basketball fan and I wish the Smith family nothing but the best.

 

:thumb:

Should give the Rupp crowd something else to be loud about. He's a total moron and this crowd should be through the roof on Saturday.

This is one of the few times that Dickie with the blue dress on was right.

I hate UK with almost every fiber in my body. I love Duke, Dick Vitale loves Duke. I think that Dick was 100% to say something, even though his intent was to support Tubby.

Dick redefines split personality. He will say the fans ran Tubby off... the next coach is crazy.

 

Come Saturday... he will talk about the million dollar practice facility, Ashley Judd and how passionate the fans are. Write it down.

I don't take anything he said as "trying to damage the program." He is obviously a close friend of Tubby's and was just standing up for his friend. Vitale loves the game of basketball and even though 90% of the time he is just rambling on making noises, he brings alot of energy into college basketball. With that said, Go CATS!!!!:thumb:

I hate UK with almost every fiber in my body. I love Duke, Dick Vitale loves Duke. I think that Dick was 100% to say something, even though his intent was to support Tubby.

 

I love Duke to but I hate Vitale. I honestly think he hurts Duke. Vitale constantly rants and raves about Duke, which drives people nuts. The stuff he says at times makes no sense, for me it is hard to watch a game he is calling. It's sad that "Duke" Vitale has become such a prominent figure in college basketball.

 

However you have to love his energy and love for the game, im sure he would make a great cheerleader!

I love Duke to but I hate Vitale. I honestly think he hurts Duke. Vitale constantly rants and raves about Duke, which drives people nuts. The stuff he says at times makes no sense, for me it is hard to watch a game he is calling. It's sad that "Duke" Vitale has become such a prominent figure in college basketball.

 

However you have to love his energy and love for the game, im sure he would make a great cheerleader!

 

Honestly, Dick Vitale is a great guy. Stick1 and myself had the opportunity to meet Dickie V way back when at Rupp. Our fraternity at MSU presented him a check before the game for the Jimmy V Foundation and he actually came down and talked to us. He was a pretty cool guy and actually got tears in his eyes when he started talking about Jimmy V and what a great and strong man he was. I think Vitale is as much a part of college basketball as the 3-point shot.

I have truly always liked Vitale until what he was saying last spring. I heard him say that when UK hires a new basketball coach his best day on the job with be his first day and its all downhill from there. Everyone has a right to their opinion and IMO his remarks were pretty dumb.

Honestly, Dick Vitale is a great guy. Stick1 and myself had the opportunity to meet Dickie V way back when at Rupp. Our fraternity at MSU presented him a check before the game for the Jimmy V Foundation and he actually came down and talked to us. He was a pretty cool guy and actually got tears in his eyes when he started talking about Jimmy V and what a great and strong man he was. I think Vitale is as much a part of college basketball as the 3-point shot.

 

I should have worded myself better, I don't hate him as a person, but as a commentator, if that makes sense? He has great passion and brings excitement to the game, I just don't think he makes good analysis/remarks regarding the game. He is however, pretty good at talking about crowds or his GRANDCHILDREN, he seems to get sidetracked quite often.

 

He also is one more reason why people hate Duke so much(title of this thread.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.