Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X 80 IU 65

Featured Replies

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
X is clearly the better team and I'm not really sure how good X is quite yet. They do seem to have a better idea of how to run an offense than IU does at this point. IU MUST go through DJ White in order to compete. The other young guns seemed to just put their head down and go.

 

Of course, IUs coach isn't exactly known for strategic coaching so maybe the IU players are doing what they're told to do.

Clearly the first IU game you've seen. And judging by what you sadfim I'm not even sure you watched this one.

 

Do you find it the least bit ironic that X went on a 13-0 run in the last 7 minutes of the first half.

 

What else happened the last 7 minutes of the 1st half?

Clearly the first IU game you've seen. And judging by what you sadfim I'm not even sure you watched this one.

 

Do you find it the least bit ironic that X went on a 13-0 run in the last 7 minutes of the first half.

 

What else happened the last 7 minutes of the 1st half?

 

 

What happened was w/ 7 minutes left and IU's star player on the floor w/ two fouls Miller called a play to isolate him on Burrell where he forced him to pick up his 3rd foul. So Miller made a great call. Either you sit your best player for 7 minutes w/ 2 fouls or w/ 3. Either way he would have been on the bench. By the way did IU outscore XU by a bunch in the second half?

Clearly the first IU game you've seen. And judging by what you sadfim I'm not even sure you watched this one.

 

Do you find it the least bit ironic that X went on a 13-0 run in the last 7 minutes of the first half.

 

What else happened the last 7 minutes of the 1st half?

 

So X won because Gordon was in foul trouble?

What happened was w/ 7 minutes left and IU's star player on the floor w/ two fouls Miller called a play to isolate him on Burrell where he forced him to pick up his 3rd foul. So Miller made a great call. Either you sit your best player for 7 minutes w/ 2 fouls or w/ 3. Either way he would have been on the bench. By the way did IU outscore XU by a bunch in the second half?
No it was even which proves my point. Thanks.

 

The last 7 minutes of the 1st half Gordon and DeAndre Thomas were on the bench the rest of the way. Thomas has taken a huge load off of White this year so having them both gone X went on a huge run. It was a 1 point game at that point.

 

I said before the game that the teams were pretty evenly matched and I said the 2 point spread was a good number.

 

Gordon would have stayed in with 2 fouls, he did the same thing against UNC-Wilmington.

 

Leave Thomas and Gordon in with 2 fouls and this game is a very close game. X doesn't go on a huge run and it's a close game.

So X won because Gordon was in foul trouble?

Not what I said. Read my previous post.

  • Author
No it was even which proves my point. Thanks.

 

No. X won the 2nd half by 4...

No it was even which proves my point. Thanks.

 

The last 7 minutes of the 1st half Gordon and DeAndre Thomas were on the bench the rest of the way. Thomas has taken a huge load off of White this year so having them both gone X went on a huge run. It was a 1 point game at that point.

 

I said before the game that the teams were pretty evenly matched and I said the 2 point spread was a good number.

 

Gordon would have stayed in with 2 fouls, he did the same thing against UNC-Wilmington.

 

Leave Thomas and Gordon in with 2 fouls and this game is a very close game. X doesn't go on a huge run and it's a close game.

 

Ifs and buts.

No. X won the 2nd half by 4...

 

You don't say?

  • Author

I said before the game that the teams were pretty evenly matched and I said the 2 point spread was a good number.

 

That was also with the preface that Bassett (who you called "one of the most underrated G's in the country.") was questionable. He played 35 minutes in the loss...

98 - so I didn't see the youngsters putting their heads down and going one-on-one? I haven't had a drink in over a week so I know I wasn't drunk. I didn't see the lefty taking 3s that were bad shots? Just because you're open doesn't mean its the right shot.

 

X is a better team. IU has a great talent in Gordon however , as we saw against X, he can be locked down (relatively speaking). He then gets frustrated and the offense gets bad. DJ has to be the first option because it will then open it up for the rest. Its hard to win with a FROSH guard, regardless of how talented he is, as your primary option. He can be an outstanding half of a great inside outside duo but he cannot get IU to the promised land being the #1 option.

 

X wins 7 of 10 against IU on a neutral court IMO.

 

Lastly, it is the first IU game I've seen. I chose to wait until they came up against a team that had a little bit of talent so I could get a decent read.

Miller outcoached Sampson...

 

 

This cannot make IU fans comfortable.

BTW, I know HSSRB loves CJ Anderson but he sure does force a lot of bad shots.

 

Lastly, it is the first IU game I've seen. I chose to wait until they came up against a team that had a little bit of talent so I could get a decent read.

So what did you think of DeAndre Thomas and his ability to take some of the pressure off of Gordon and White?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.