Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Source: Pellini contacted by Nebraska

Featured Replies

Not waisting any time....

 

Whatever the news is, it’s coming early. And quickly.

 

Nebraska interim athletic director Tom Osborne will hold a press conference at 9:30 a.m. this morning when many expect to hear that Bill Callahan’s tenure as Nebraska’s head coach is over.

 

But already Saturday morning, the wheels began to turn as NU searches for Callahan's replacement. A source with knowledge of the situation told the Journal Star that Bo Pelini, the former Nebraska defensive coordinator, was contacted Saturday morning by the Atlanta-based search firm of Baker-Parker and Associates.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure Bo is the answer, I want to see who else the search firm contacts besides him and Gil if they go after him.

  • Author
Im not sure Bo is the answer, I want to see who else the search firm contacts besides him and Gil if they go after him.

 

I am on the same wagon as you, but at this point any news is exciting news.

Im not sure Bo is the answer, I want to see who else the search firm contacts besides him and Gil if they go after him.

 

It seems like Pelini's stock is dropping each week with LSU's defense going into the tank.

 

As for Gill, everyone is high on him and he's a Nebraska man, but he's had moderate success at Buffalo. Is that enough to win in Lincoln?

It seems like Pelini's stock is dropping each week with LSU's defense going into the tank.

 

As for Gill, everyone is high on him and he's a Nebraska man, but he's had moderate success at Buffalo. Is that enough to win in Lincoln?

 

Im not sure if he is ready for the Nebraska job. He's done a great job at Buffalo with what he has to work with but I think the jury is still out on him. If you are not winning the conference and going to big bowls (BCS) then its not a successful season in Lincoln.

 

As for Bo, if he is so highly regarded then why hasn't anyone else made him their HC yet.

 

From what I hear its pretty much a done deal with Bo and they basically just have to go through the motions. This is how its going to go from what I understand. TO gives his agent/search firm/intermediaries a set of contract parameters and characteristics he's looking for, plus a small set of coaches he's interested in speaking with. Said agent/firm/intermediaries contact either Pelini directly or Bo's representation to discuss his interest in the job, potential contract issues, coaching styles, etc and then report back to TO. Based on these ongoing discussions, TO continues to narrow his list and further whittle down information from each candidate via the middle men. Then, when the change is finally made, interviews from that short list start immediately.

 

Look for Pelini to be named the new HC around the first week of December.

I thought Nebraska made a mistake when they let Frank Solich go.

I thought Nebraska made a mistake when they let Frank Solich go.

 

I agree, after the last 4 years I would say that everyone in Nebraska would agree.

I know the Husker nation loves Turner Gill but the guy is 6-17 as head coach at Buffalo. Now I know they have improved under his lead but I think he could use a bit more seasoning before he gets a gig like the NU job.

I agree, after the last 4 years I would say that everyone in Nebraska would agree.

 

Couldnt be further from the truth. Solich left the program worse than he found it. The roster he left Callahan with was pretty sad for a program like NU.

Ive been told to expect some news in the next 24 to 36 hours. The players are having a meeting tomorrow and I expect them to find out who their new coach is going to be at this meeting. Pelini could be named the new HC by Wednesday, if its not out by then we probably wont hear it until monday.

I agree with all parties that Turner Gill is not close to being ready for the job in Lincoln. As we talked about a month ago, this job was going to be on a platter for Alvaraz (no interest) and then Pellini. The only way it was getting past those two was if they said, "no." I can't imagine Pellini not wanting the job, especially given the fact that Les is probably leaving and I doubt Bo would have been LSU's top choice. I just hope if Pellini comes he is able to keep the recruits from the Southeast heading to Nebraska.

I agree with all parties that Turner Gill is not close to being ready for the job in Lincoln. As we talked about a month ago, this job was going to be on a platter for Alvaraz (no interest) and then Pellini. The only way it was getting past those two was if they said, "no." I can't imagine Pellini not wanting the job, especially given the fact that Les is probably leaving and I doubt Bo would have been LSU's top choice. I just hope if Pellini comes he is able to keep the recruits from the Southeast heading to Nebraska.

 

From what I hear he does not like to recruit. I think someone said he himself has only landed 1 recruit at LSU.

From what I hear he does not like to recruit. I think someone said he himself has only landed 1 recruit at LSU.

 

Gee, that sounds awesome.

Gee, that sounds awesome.

 

I dont see why everybody is in love with him but he has the whole state of Nebraska believing in him.

 

Gil wont get the job although Ive heard TO may approach him about taking over for him as AD. Not sure I believe that one tho.

 

Monte Kiffin(he was interested in the job before they hired BC), Jim Grobe and Brian Kelly are the other names being thrown around as possibilities but Im afraid we are going to be stuck with Pelini.

There is a better chace Mitch Barnhart's brother is the next AD at Nebraska than Turner Gill.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.