Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cory Farris - Boone County Signs NLI with University of Kentucky

Featured Replies

I think the only way he doesn't go to UK for a year or so is if he gets drafted really high. I wonder where ranks nationally as a high school prospect.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only way he doesn't go to UK for a year or so is if he gets drafted really high. I wonder where ranks nationally as a high school prospect.

 

 

I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves. I think Cory will get some playing time at UK as a freshmen, but not much. Maybe by his junior year he can crack the starting lineup and establish enough consistancy to be looked at. It's a step at a time guys, not a huge leap.

I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves. I think Cory will get some playing time at UK as a freshmen, but not much. Maybe by his junior year he can crack the starting lineup and establish enough consistancy to be looked at. It's a step at a time guys, not a huge leap.

 

When you're the Connie Mack world series All-Tournament Team DH, I think you're ready to play at the college level as a freshman, if not further. He saw pitching all season with Midland that was the best in the country including many pitchers who signed after the season was finished. I think he finished with about a .350 average and four or five homeruns. Not too bad when you consider he has another year to improve on those impressive numbers. My understanding from what i've heard is that he will be in the lineup everyday as a freshman in some way.

 

I bet if he went to Ryle he would be ready to start as a freshman though:sleep:.

I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves. I think Cory will get some playing time at UK as a freshmen, but not much. Maybe by his junior year he can crack the starting lineup and establish enough consistancy to be looked at. It's a step at a time guys, not a huge leap.

 

Reading BGP, I would think that someone with your baseball insight would be just a little more excited with this kid? I guess we'll all have to wait and see, but to say that "maybe by his junior year he can crack the starting line up" is nothing more than a backhanded compliment. This thread is an upbeat, congratulatory, pat on the back for one of our own NK standouts, how bout a little love?...(Btw, I am an outside observer only...no relation to Corey or BC...)

My point is going to pro ball from HS ball is a greater jump then skipping HS ball and playing college ball as an 8th grader. Let the kid develope. I know a lot of kids that hit the heck out of the first round MLB pitchers this summer but those pitchers will not look the same with a couple years of development.

 

In my humble opinion, there is not a major league caliper player in the 9th and there has not been for quite some time. Not slambing anyone, Boone is not a rival to Ryle in baseball, I think they won one of the twelve in last 3 years, so there is no reason to have hard feelings toward Boone.

 

Chris Curley was probably the closest to pro claiper that I've seen. He could pitch and hit for power, but I think his decission to play everyday at a smaller school is a great one. He may be ready for the bigs in a year or so.

:lol:

My point is going to pro ball from HS ball is a greater jump then skipping HS ball and playing college ball as an 8th grader. Let the kid develope. I know a lot of kids that hit the heck out of the first round MLB pitchers this summer but those pitchers will not look the same with a couple years of development.

 

In my humble opinion, there is not a major league caliper player in the 9th and there has not been for quite some time. Not slambing anyone, Boone is not a rival to Ryle in baseball, I think they won one of the twelve in last 3 years, so there is no reason to have hard feelings toward Boone.

 

Chris Curley was probably the closest to pro claiper that I've seen. He could pitch and hit for power, but I think his decission to play everyday at a smaller school is a great one. He may be ready for the bigs in a year or so.[/quote:thumb:

My point is going to pro ball from HS ball is a greater jump then skipping HS ball and playing college ball as an 8th grader. Let the kid develope. I know a lot of kids that hit the heck out of the first round MLB pitchers this summer but those pitchers will not look the same with a couple years of development.

 

In my humble opinion, there is not a major league caliper player in the 9th and there has not been for quite some time. Not slambing anyone, Boone is not a rival to Ryle in baseball, I think they won one of the twelve in last 3 years, so there is no reason to have hard feelings toward Boone.

 

Chris Curley was probably the closest to pro claiper that I've seen. He could pitch and hit for power, but I think his decission to play everyday at a smaller school is a great one. He may be ready for the bigs in a year or so.

I agree with you DD.
I think the only way he doesn't go to UK for a year or so is if he gets drafted really high.

 

If I am not mistaken, college baseball is different than college basketabll about the rules going pro. In baseball, I thought that if you were drafted out of high school you could go pro if you chose. If you go to college, you have to attend 3 years before you have the opportunity again. After your junior year, you can be drafted by a different team.

If I am not mistaken, college baseball is different than college basketabll about the rules going pro. In baseball, I thought that if you were drafted out of high school you could go pro if you chose. If you go to college, you have to attend 3 years before you have the opportunity again. After your junior year, you can be drafted by a different team.

 

That is correct for a four year program. You must attend three years after chosing to skip your draft spot. If he were to attend a junior college of two years he would only be required to attend for 1 year to be eligible again.

The Midland coaches have told him he should and will be picked somewhere in the draft. He didn't see much time behind the plate this year for the Redskins with there main catcher being an Ohio State signee. He started a lot either in Left field or at DH. With some occasional time behind the plate. He should be the number 1 catcher on the Redskins this next summer. The Midland coaches have recommended going to college to work on his catching ability. Then when he becomes draft eligible again see what happens. That Uk class they are bringing in might be there best ever. They have 15 plus recruits, I think 18 to be exact. With a number of top 100 recruits among those players. Talking with Corey...The coaches at Uk are very excited about the program for the near future. They were even mentioned on rivals and baseball america as bringing in a top early recruiting class.

The Midland coaches have told him he should and will be picked somewhere in the draft. He didn't see much time behind the plate this year for the Redskins with there main catcher being an Ohio State signee. He started a lot either in Left field or at DH. With some occasional time behind the plate. He should be the number 1 catcher on the Redskins this next summer. The Midland coaches have recommended going to college to work on his catching ability. Then when he becomes draft eligible again see what happens. That Uk class they are bringing in might be there best ever. They have 15 plus recruits, I think 18 to be exact. With a number of top 100 recruits among those players. Talking with Corey...The coaches at Uk are very excited about the program for the near future. They were even mentioned on rivals and baseball america as bringing in a top early recruiting class.

 

:thumb: I don't know if you read the bio's on their incoming recruits, pretty impressive.

While I was down in Lexington for the LexCath basketball Classic I had the pleasure of talking with a person who is quite familiar with both UK and Cory. This person told me that UK is counting on Cory being draft in the 5th or 6th round in the upcoming MLB draft and because of being drafted so late in the draft he will play for UK next year. This person also told me that Cory will be playing in the outfield as they want to use his speed...

 

I still think he will be drafted somewhere in round 1 or 2, and will sign and go pro. Either way Cory wins. If he gets drafted in the first or second round and goes Pro, he pockets a ton of money. If he gets drafted later in the draft he goes to UK and receives a great education free of charge, then goes Pro, where he still makes a ton of money. Either way, Cory can't lose and I for one love that a great kid can't lose....

While I was down in Lexington for the LexCath basketball Classic I had the pleasure of talking with a person who is quite familiar with both UK and Cory. This person told me that UK is counting on Cory being draft in the 5th or 6th round in the upcoming MLB draft and because of being drafted so late in the draft he will play for UK next year. This person also told me that Cory will be playing in the outfield as they want to use his speed...

 

I still think he will be drafted somewhere in round 1 or 2, and will sign and go pro. Either way Cory wins. If he gets drafted in the first or second round and goes Pro, he pockets a ton of money. If he gets drafted later in the draft he goes to UK and receives a great education free of charge, then goes Pro, where he still makes a ton of money. Either way, Cory can't lose and I for one love that a great kid can't lose....

 

1. Are you sure they said 5th or 6th round? That's VERY high and I'd be shocked if he would make it to Lexington should he be drafted that highly.

 

2.As one of the early members of the Cory Farris bandwagon and as one who thinks he's an all-timer in NKY high school sports, I'll fall off my chair if he goes in either of the first 5 rounds. I'd be thrilled to see him in the top 10.

1. Are you sure they said 5th or 6th round? That's VERY high and I'd be shocked if he would make it to Lexington should he be drafted that highly.

 

2.As one of the early members of the Cory Farris bandwagon and as one who thinks he's an all-timer in NKY high school sports, I'll fall off my chair if he goes in either of the first 5 rounds. I'd be thrilled to see him in the top 10.

 

 

Thats what the man told me.... 5th or 6th round of the draft....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.