Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at Highlands (Predictions)

CovCath at Highlands: Who wins? 241 members have voted

  1. 1. CovCath at Highlands: Who wins?

    • Covington Catholic
      30%
      74
    • Highlands
      69%
      167

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 245
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, round 2. HHS won 28-14 at CCH during the regular season. I will say this... if HHS doesn't play a better game than they did against CCH in the regular season, Highlands will lose this round. I'm hoping they don't have the penalty/TO problem this time.

Time for the 'Pop The Colonels' signs to go up in Ft. Thomas.

Naw, CovCath gets to enjoy this victory for a little bit....But be afraid HHS be very afraid..... :D

When you can run the ball...... My guess is HHS spent more time getting ready for the CovCath/Dixie game than they did on the Scott game..... :D

Maybe the 2 best teams in NKY right now.....as usual.

Maybe the 2 best teams in NKY right now.....as usual.

 

I don't know. CovCath was 8th in this week's Enquirer coaches poll, 3 votes ahead of Dayton.

Well, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing for them, I think that about all the pressure is on Highlands for this game. They've been the clear no.1 in NKY all year, as they had about everyone come back from last year's team. Meanwhile, defending champ CCH lost nearly all their good players and coaching staff. No one had any expectations for CCH this year... Highlands, on the other hand...

Well, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing for them, I think that about all the pressure is on Highlands for this game. They've been the clear no.1 in NKY all year, as they had about everyone come back from last year's team. Meanwhile, defending champ CCH lost nearly all their good players and coaching staff. No one had any expectations for CCH this year... Highlands, on the other hand...

 

What are you talking about???? HHS had to replace almost their whole offensive line and Jordan Kramer....

Well, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing for them, I think that about all the pressure is on Highlands for this game. They've been the clear no.1 in NKY all year, as they had about everyone come back from last year's team. Meanwhile, defending champ CCH lost nearly all their good players and coaching staff. No one had any expectations for CCH this year... Highlands, on the other hand...

 

I'm going to disagree. Maybe the outside world didn't have expectations for this team, but the CovCath faithful were pointing to week 11 and beyond as the time this team would gel. Against a monster scedule (the tougest regular season schedule in the state according to Cal Preps and second toughest according to Massey) and having to replace 18 starters, success wouldn't necessarily be measured in the W-L record. But anybody in Louisville last week saw a team that physically stood toe to toe with nationally ranked St. X and had to have good thoughts heading into the post season.

What are you talking about???? HHS had to replace almost their whole offensive line and Jordan Kramer....

I stand corrected.

But CCH lost something like 18-19 starters.

 

I don't think anyone can disagree that the expectations for HHS coming into this season were MUCH higher than they were for CCH.

What are you talking about???? HHS had to replace almost their whole offensive line and Jordan Kramer....

 

D-Line too:thumb:

Highlands just reloaded as always.

I'm going to disagree. Maybe the outside world didn't have expectations for this team, but the CovCath faithful were pointing to week 11 and beyond as the time this team would gel. Against a monster scedule (the tougest regular season schedule in the state according to Cal Preps and second toughest according to Massey) and having to replace 18 starters, success wouldn't necessarily be measured in the W-L record. But anybody in Louisville last week saw a team that physically stood toe to toe with nationally ranked St. X and had to have good thoughts heading into the post season.

 

I understand your point, but if CCH loses next week, everyone can say things like they have a completely new coaching staff and system and they did just come off a championship year. If HHS loses I know there will be rumblings in Caketown that maybe Mueller won't have quite the success against post-Lynn Ray CCH as he did against Lynn Ray. Plus, the 'Birds haven't won a title since 2004... that's a long time in Bluebird years!!!

 

Now, I'm hoping that the 'Birds will use this extra pressure as MAJOR MOTIVATION!

 

Also, I am happy to see that CCH didn't lay up a bunch of points against Dixie. I think that CCH will have a difficult time getting scores in the game... but maybe HHS will too.... We'll see this week!

 

I predict:

HHS 25

CCH 16

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.