Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamsburg/Clinton County

Who wins? 26 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Clinton County In A Shocker
      7%
      2
    • Williamsburg
      19%
      5
    • Williamsburg by 20+
      46%
      12
    • Williamsburg by 40+
      26%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Rematch of a blowout a few weeks ago. Does Clinton have some magic to pull out in this one? Have the Bulldogs gotten any better? Have the tight games the last few weeks helped or hurt the Jackets? What's the thinking here???

Williamsburg Yellowjackets

Playoff Appearance: 12th

All-time Record: 4-10-1

 

Clinton County Bulldogs

First Playoff Appearance

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

None

Williamsburg is to much for Clinton County but I expect it to be more competitive than the first time these two teams played.

W'burg 55-6

Clinton was without their best player in the earlier game; that may make a difference. The Jackets have seemed to lose focus in the last few games...Lynn Camp included. The Jackets are a pretty good team, but they are not good enough to EVER put a game on cruise control and finish it out. I hope they can maintain focus and put this one away in a fitting fashion. This game and every one forward for WHS is a must win or go home, and the kids have to keep that in mind...the stakes are much higher now.

I think Williamsburg will take care of business in this one, but I don't see the blow out seen in the first game. Williamsburg still has a couple of starters banged up and will see limited, if any, playing time from what I am hearing. I do think the Burg will win by 20 or so. The defense is playing a bit better at the d line and linebacker positions, but DB's are still a concern. As I remember, Clinton doesn't throw very well and that should play into the Jackets favor. However they can break long runs if the DB's don't get more physical and learn to tackle better. The running game should be ok as Jake Moses has shown to be an adequate replacement for Will Moses (Will being out really hurts the d more). This would be a good game for Ryan Moses to return to form (too many picks the last 3 games) and improve his reads. I'm not sure Clinton has an answer for Aaron Brock (leading receiver in Class A), who I look for to have a big night. All in all Williamsburg needs to take this home playoff game seriously and get a killer instinct going to put Clinton away. Good luck Jackets!

Williamsburg 62-12.

  • Author

Williamsburg was not FOCUSED during the LC game???

They looked like the only team that WAS focused that night.

 

LC lost Joe, fumbled 12 times and lost 7 of them, and W'burg was not focused?

 

As of late, they have let some teams hang close, but I will not buy that they weren't focused against the Cats!!!

Williamsburg was not FOCUSED during the LC game???

They looked like the only team that WAS focused that night.

 

LC lost Joe, fumbled 12 times and lost 7 of them, and W'burg was not focused?

 

As of late, they have let some teams hang close, but I will not buy that they weren't focused against the Cats!!!

 

Calm Daddy...I think he said lost focus....Williamsburg didnt play an error free game against LC...they just played with alot less errors....I think he just meant Wburg lost focus a series or 2...

Wburg should win this game but wont be like 1st go around

yeah, Wburg seems to have a habit of letting up when they get up on teams. Some of the games they have had should not have been as close as they were.

yeah, Wburg seems to have a habit of letting up when they get up on teams. Some of the games they have had should not have been as close as they were.

 

I don't think letting up is the term I would use. Letting up, in my mind would be tied into effort, and these kids play their rear ends off. I think it is more tied into maturity. Mature, experienced players maintain mental focus and learn to put people away. Williamsburg is struggling to gain that maturity level. I know so many in this area have talked about how young their teams are and I know this can sound like an excuse. Honestly with what Williamsburg lost to graduation, did anyone think they would have a winning season and the number 1 seed? As this team matures they will learn better how to put people away. I will say this, I sure have seen them get after people and be more physical the last 3 to 4 games, and say what you want, they were very physical against Lynn Camp, and I expect they will be so against Clinton. This has been a fun and frustrating team to watch, but I think everyone in the Burg should be proud of what has been accomplished thus far, and look for exciting things to happen now that playoffs are here!

Yes they lost focus against LC, Bath, Cumberland (they never had it)...and so on. Every game there has been an opportunity to either get back into games they were losing, or put away teams by landslides when they were winning. Las week the Jackets had approx. 20 point lead and turned the ball over and let Pineville back in it. The reason I say let is because a man without hands and grease on his arms could have caught the pass that was intercepted...it wasn't an outstanding defensive play...simply an offensive blunder. As I recall this occured against the Camp as well. It was certainly a turnover full game...but I do not recall 7 turnovers by the camp. I think making that excuse takes away from LC's efforts without a player they have leaned upon the whole season.

 

Now for Clinton County, they seem to be prostrate...but perception is dangerous. The young Jackets can not overlook a team in the situation that Clinton Co. is in. They seem to be like a wounded animal in a corner...ready to lash out at whatever moves in their direction. This game may be closer than many think if WHS does not come to work and get after them. Friday night will also see a time in the game come up when the Jackets can put it away...will they learn from the regular season and get it done in the playoffs? WIN OR GO HOME!!!

Williamsburg is too much for Clinton County. The Jackets should win with ease in this contest. Wburg 44 Clinton 20 with a couple TD's scored after Coach Herron rests his starters.

  • Author

Look at the film, Chant. The turnovers are there. Not an excuse, just an example of the lack of focus you are so seemingly fond of.....

 

SO, what is actually being said is that when LC did it, it's an excuse, but if the Jackets do it, it's lack of focus?????

 

STILL not buying it.

I recently watched a film of the 'Burg and Cambpellsville, so I am just curious when those kids got replaced.

That game was a pure abomination compared to other performances that the Jackets have put out. I know that they were missing a couple kids but it almost seems like a complete transformation of a program in no time flat.

Nuff said, Williamsburg by right around 2 TD's.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.