Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 94 Minnesota State 68

Featured Replies

  • Author

:dancingpa

Good For Tubby

 

I believe that if he would of done what he did at Kentucky, anywhere besides for Kentucky, they would name the city after him.

rickbilltubcap.jpg

Congrats, he did a lot for the Cats, some fans are underappreciative.

 

Exactly! And I pray to God above that Billy G starts off on the right foot or he will be on Tubby's level by mid-season and there will be hundreds of fire the coach threads running widly on BGP!

Well, unless he was at Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse, Florida, or UCLA.

 

I would add Kansas to the list.

Exactly! And I pray to God above that Billy G starts off on the right foot or he will be on Tubby's level by mid-season and there will be hundreds of fire the coach threads running widly on BGP!

 

 

I have to disagree. People know the Cats have some holes, and are in need of some rebuilding. IMO BCG will be given a bit of a break, and sometime to rebuild.

 

 

The big difference is that many people feel Tubby inherited a National Championship caliber program and was unable to keep it there. BCG is inheriting a program that many people, nation wide, not just people in Kentucky, feel was going down hill.

  • Author
I would add Kansas to the list.

 

Yeah, definately. They slipped my mind.

Does Hayden Fox still coach the football team at Minn. St.???:thumb:

 

Did anyone see Luther Van Dam at the game?:confused:

 

I was thinking the same thing, great post.

If Florida were to replace Donovan with Smith right now, the fans would tie the AD to a boat and float it into the waters off Somalia.

 

However IF they had hired him instead of Donovan and he had the same record he had at UK, they would love him. UF was not exactly a power before Billy D went there.

 

And it all doesn't really matter anyway. Billy D ends up staying at UF, Tubby is in Minnesota and Billy Clyde is in Lexington and UK fans love him, .... for now.

I have to disagree. People know the Cats have some holes, and are in need of some rebuilding. IMO BCG will be given a bit of a break, and sometime to rebuild.

 

 

The big difference is that many people feel Tubby inherited a National Championship caliber program and was unable to keep it there. BCG is inheriting a program that many people, nation wide, not just people in Kentucky, feel was going down hill.

 

He inherited a national runner up with losses from the previous season. He had less talent than the 96 title team or the 97 runner up and won a national title. But too many on here, he had NOTHING to do with winning the title which is completely inaccurate.

 

Look around and find how many teams had Tubby's record in the nation during the same time frame he was at UK.

 

With that being said, it was time for Tubby and UK to take different paths and I wish both the best.

Does Hayden Fox still coach the football team at Minn. St.???:thumb:

 

Did anyone see Luther Van Dam at the game?:confused:

 

Not but I think Doober posts on here regularly under many different posters names.

Not but I think Doober posts on here regularly under many different posters names.

 

I think Dobber probably posts under his alias "Patrick Star"!

He inherited a national runner up with losses from the previous season. He had less talent than the 96 title team or the 97 runner up and won a national title. But too many on here, he had NOTHING to do with winning the title which is completely inaccurate.

 

Look around and find how many teams had Tubby's record in the nation during the same time frame he was at UK.

 

With that being said, it was time for Tubby and UK to take different paths and I wish both the best.

 

 

I'm one of the oddballs on here. I'm not particularly a big Tubby fan, but I'm not a Tubby basher either.

 

I think Tubby did a great job of coaching the 98 team to a National Title. However I also feel he was left with great talent. Mohammed, Magloire, Bradley, and Padgett all played in the NBA for several years. Shepherd played a little bit in the NBA, and Turner was a heck of a college guard.

 

My opinion is that one can't do it without the other...

 

...talent needs coaching, and coaches need talent.

I think for Christmas I will send the Minnesota athletic director $50 bucks for making my year a little brighter and to help pay some of Tubby and Saul's salary.

 

Is Saul on Tubby's staff at Minnesota? I thought he was at Tenn Tech?

Is Saul on Tubby's staff at Minnesota? I thought he was at Tenn Tech?

 

He went with Tubby to Minn.

 

I think thats one reason Tubby left. He wanted to hire Saul, but knew he'd never be able to do it at UK (without ACTUALLY being run off).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.