Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 14 Rockcastle County 6

Featured Replies

I guess this game wasn't as easy as some Rock fans stated earlier in the week. :rolleyes:

 

 

Congrats to the Titans!

  • Author

Defense was the word last night. I think most people expected a low scoring game, and that's what they got. Both D's played well.

 

Mecer moved the ball better than Rockcastle but the Titans have got to hold on to the football. Mercer probably should have had at least one or two more TDs.

 

I lost count, but I think they fumbled 7 times, with 4 resulting in turnovers. Hopefully someone will have somr real stats sometime today.

This wasn't surprising at all, Rock just isn't as good this year as they have been in the past. That was evident all the way back to week 1 when they struggled to beat a poor Southwestern team.

Defense was the word last night. I think most people expected a low scoring game, and that's what they got. Both D's played well.

 

Mecer moved the ball better than Rockcastle but the Titans have got to hold on to the football. Mercer probably should have had at least one or two more TDs.

 

I lost count, but I think they fumbled 7 times, with 4 resulting in turnovers. Hopefully someone will have somr real stats sometime today.

 

Just reading the thread earlier in the week, most of the rock nation expected rock to win by a couple of td's in this one.

  • Author
Just reading the thread earlier in the week, most of the rock nation expected rock to win by a couple of td's in this one.

 

I think they thought they could come in and push Mercer around. They were wrong. It is really hard to run the ball against this Titan D. Rockcastle had one run of about 45 yards, outside of that I doubt they had much over 100 yards of offense. We'll have to wait until the stats come out. They're not available on the Advocate Messenger website yet yet.

Defense was the word last night. I think most people expected a low scoring game, and that's what they got. Both D's played well.

 

Mecer moved the ball better than Rockcastle but the Titans have got to hold on to the football. Mercer probably should have had at least one or two more TDs.

 

I lost count, but I think they fumbled 7 times, with 4 resulting in turnovers. Hopefully someone will have somr real stats sometime today.

What about the fumble near the end of the game when the QB was going to take a knee. How do you fumble that??:confused:

Great win for the Titans. Now a week off to prepare for a very good Lincoln Co. football team. Mercer better be ready to play the Pats in Death Valley or it could be a long night. The Titans have an opportunity to redeem themselves from that lost to LC at the beginning of the season, but from what I've seen, Lincoln is A LOT better now than they were then.

  • Author
What about the fumble near the end of the game when the QB was going to take a knee. How do you fumble that??:confused:

Great win for the Titans. Now a week off to prepare for a very good Lincoln Co. football team. Mercer better be ready to play the Pats in Death Valley or it could be a long night. The Titans have an opportunity to redeem themselves from that lost to LC at the beginning of the season, but from what I've seen, Lincoln is A LOT better now than they were then.

 

Trip to Lincoln is likely but not certain yet as far as I can tell.

 

Mercer has 17 points. S. Laurel has 18 points. Mercer regular season is done so they can only score 3 more points from defeated opponents. South can score 5 with a win this week. If they lose they can still pick up 4 from defeated opponents. South needs 2 points to clinch a 3 seed. So the fat lady may be humming, but she ain't singing yet.

Personally, I thought it was a good game. In IMO I thought the ROCK played hard and a good game against Mercer also IMO the score did not show how hard we did play. The ROCK may be a struggling team but when they go to play ball they will give it all they got. It was a good game between both teams.

Trip to Lincoln is likely but not certain yet as far as I can tell.

 

Mercer has 17 points. S. Laurel has 18 points. Mercer regular season is done so they can only score 3 more points from defeated opponents. South can score 5 with a win this week. If they lose they can still pick up 4 from defeated opponents. South needs 2 points to clinch a 3 seed. So the fat lady may be humming, but she ain't singing yet.

Thanks for the clarification! I thought it had already been decided. So, who other than Lincoln Co. could we possibly be looking at playing 1st round?

  • Author
Thanks for the clarification! I thought it had already been decided. So, who other than Lincoln Co. could we possibly be looking at playing 1st round?

 

 

Pulaski is the 2 seed.

Trip to Lincoln is likely but not certain yet as far as I can tell.

 

Mercer has 17 points. S. Laurel has 18 points.

 

What's the deal with the points....don't hear anyother district talking about this? Is this a tie-breaker or what?

What's the deal with the points....don't hear anyother district talking about this? Is this a tie-breaker or what?

It's the KHSAA's format for breaking 3-way ties. You total up the number of victories (except those against one of the tied teams) for each of a team's defeated opponents. You then use the four highest victory totals to come up with a point value for each of the tied teams.

What about the fumble near the end of the game when the QB was going to take a knee. How do you fumble that??:confused:Great win for the Titans. Now a week off to prepare for a very good Lincoln Co. football team. Mercer better be ready to play the Pats in Death Valley or it could be a long night. The Titans have an opportunity to redeem themselves from that lost to LC at the beginning of the season, but from what I've seen, Lincoln is A LOT better now than they were then.

 

Have you ever played?! Judging by your question, you haven't or you wouldn't have asked that. Every team, when they are on defense, is taught to try and line a couple/three people or so over the center, to try and knock the complete crap out of him, sometimes even swiping at the ball (even though that is illegal, but so is a facemask, but not all of them get called) to try and cause exactly what happened, when the offense is trying to run the clock out....very seldom does it work, but the other nite, it did. Fortunately enough, the TEAM was still able to get the win.

 

True, I'm sure Lincoln is a lot better now...but, take a wild guess at who else is a lot better now than they were then?!

...to add to what I posted above. I didn't want that first question of my previous post to sound disrespectful, honest question, yes, disrespectful no. It just seems like a lot of the times, if kids (and even coaches) happen to make mistakes out on the field of play, that some fans make it sound like they think the kid(s) made the mistake intentionally...at least that's the way it comes across. Every coach and every player, in every game, wish that they had a chance for some "do-overs", knowing that they messed up, they don't screw up intentionally.....SOME fans need to realize that, at Mercer County and everywhere else.

 

Thank you for your support.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.