Class 2A Playoffs

Colt45

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 2A playoffs might be a little more interesting then some might think this year since NCC and Danville who were both 1A powerhouses have moved up under the new alignment as well as previous 2A powers Russell and Belfry moving up to 3A. Three of the four teams in last years 2A semi-finals have moved up to higher classes and two of the four teams in last years 1A semi-finals are now in 2A. It will be interesting to see how NCC and Danville match-up against teams like Corbin, Fort Campbell, Middlesboro, Trigg County, and Owensboro Catholic.

I think the 2A playoffs might be a little more interesting then some might think this year since NCC and Danville who were both 1A powerhouses have moved up under the new alignment as well as previous 2A powers Russell and Belfry moving up to 3A. Three of the four teams in last years 2A semi-finals have moved up to higher classes and two of the four teams in last years 1A semi-finals are now in 2A. It will be interesting to see how NCC and Danville match-up against teams like Corbin, Fort Campbell, Middlesboro, Trigg County, and Owensboro Catholic.

I agree.... over the past few season there have been alot of detractors of Class 2A. If the remaining 2A teams, such as the ones you mentioned, are able to put up impressive victories and knock off some of your former 1A powers then it will prove alot. It would take on increasing merit without Russell and Belfry, who have been the top teams in the class over the past five years.

I know NCC will have no Problem matching up with any team in 2A there only loss is to a 6 A Ryle team in a close game.Danville is in the same boat where there only Loss is too 6A Madison Central the first game of the Season...NCC and Danville Are not your so called Small High school football Schools/Add 1A Beechwood and 1A Mayfield in the mix...

I know NCC will have no Problem matching up with any team in 2A there only loss is to a 6 A Ryle team in a close game.Danville is in the same boat where there only Loss is too 6A Madison Central the first game of the Season...NCC and Danville Are not your so called Small High school football Schools/Add 1A Beechwood and 1A Mayfield in the mix...

Hopefully we will see a Danville vs Fort Campbell in the near future (about 4 weeks to be exact) if you know what I mean.

You will hopefully get through NCC to have this happen, that's going to be a tall task. Best of Luck you guys are having a fine season

I don't think NCC and Ft Campbell would play until the Championship if they both make it that far. Based on this year's bracket Fort Campbell and Danville would play in the 3rd round of playoffs if both win thier district playoff games.

I don't think NCC and Ft Campbell would play until the Championship if they both make it that far. Based on this year's bracket Fort Campbell and Danville would play in the 3rd round of playoffs if both win thier district playoff games.

Your Exactly Right...

More than likely Danville will have to beat Bardstown

And Ft Campbell will have to beat OCath,

For a Ft Campbell/Danville Match up

Also more than Likely The Winner would Play Caldwell Co./Trigg Co Winner...

Its going to be a tough Run for all teams in 2A...

So Ft. Campbell would have to beat Danville to get to the finals. What is the possibility of that happening. We know about Danville. What is the scoop on Ft. Campbell.

Really solid defense all around from what Ive heard......

Their offense usually fields some fast skill players, and their quarterback has the ability to make plays with his feet....Im not sure about his arm or how much they have thrown this year.

I will tell you one thing....they have been on a roll, but I still feel like 4 teams can make a run come playoff time.....Ft Campbell, Trigg Co, Caldwell Co, and Owensboro Cath.....they are all pretty good teams.

Really solid defense all around from what Ive heard......

Their offense usually fields some fast skill players, and their quarterback has the ability to make plays with his feet....Im not sure about his arm or how much they have thrown this year.

I will tell you one thing....they have been on a roll, but I still feel like 4 teams can make a run come playoff time.....Ft Campbell, Trigg Co, Caldwell Co, and Owensboro Cath.....they are all pretty good teams.

Yea those are the Big Four that worry me...:thumb: