Class 2A Playoffs

Colt45

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winner of District 1 plays Winner of District 3, 2 plays 4, 5 plays 7, 6 plays 8.

I think Trigg is the front runner in 1, Green County in 2, Ft. Campbell/Owensboro Catholic in 3, Danville (outside chance of Bardstown) in 4, Desales in 5 (outside chance of CAL), NCC in 6, Prestonsburg in 7, and Corbin (outside chance of Middlesboro) in 8.

I honestly think you are looking at Green County v. Danville and NCC v. Desales in the semis, and a rematch of Danville and NCC in the finals.

I agree with Hearsay on the Danville/NCC finals. I just think they are the two strongest teams and they will find their way back to the carpet. I do however think Ft Campbell and Corbin have the best chance of knocking either of them off along the way.

I think it will look something like this:

Round 3

Ft Campbell @ Caldwell Co

Danville @ Green Co

Prestonsburg @ Desales

Corbin @ NCC

Semifinals

Danville @ Ft Campbell

NCC @ Prestonsburg

Winner of District 1 plays Winner of District 3, 2 plays 4, 5 plays 7, 6 plays 8.

I think Trigg is the front runner in 1, Green County in 2, Ft. Campbell/Owensboro Catholic in 3, Danville (outside chance of Bardstown) in 4, Desales in 5 (outside chance of CAL), NCC in 6, Prestonsburg in 7, and Corbin (outside chance of Middlesboro) in 8.

I honestly think you are looking at Green County v. Danville and NCC v. Desales in the semis, and a rematch of Danville and NCC in the finals.

I agree with Hearsay!

I agree with Hearsay on the Danville/NCC finals. I just think they are the two strongest teams and they will find their way back to the carpet. I do however think Ft Campbell and Corbin have the best chance of knocking either of them off along the way.

Round 3

Danville @ Green Co

Prestonsburg @ Desales

Corbin @ NCC

Semifinals

Danville @ Ft Campbell

NCC @ Prestonsburg

I agree with this 100%. NCC and Danville have clearly establushed themselves as the team to beat, but overlooking Corbin could prove to be hazardous.

The Redhounds have reeled off 8 straight victories since falling @ #1 3A Belfry 21-0. That score was the lowest margin of victory and fewest points scored for the Pirates all season. Additionally, the Hounds have defeated a ranked 1A LCA on the road, defeated 6A Dunbar, defeated 5A South Laurel who has proven to be a decent team, defeated 5A North Laurel, and romped a ranked 2A Middlesboro on the road. Corbin has established a potent balance on offense, they returned 9 starters on both sides of the ball from last year, and have a 4 year starter and probably the best QB in 2A in Clint Cahsen.

I agree with this 100%. NCC and Danville have clearly establushed themselves as the team to beat, but overlooking Corbin could prove to be hazardous.

The Redhounds have reeled off 8 straight victories since falling @ #1 3A Belfry 21-0. That score was the lowest margin of victory and fewest points scored for the Pirates all season. Additionally, the Hounds have defeated a ranked 1A LCA on the road, defeated 6A Dunbar, defeated 5A South Laurel who has proven to be a decent team, defeated 5A North Laurel, and romped a ranked 2A Middlesboro on the road. Corbin has established a potent balance on offense, they returned 9 starters on both sides of the ball from last year, and have a 4 year starter and probably the best QB in 2A in Clint Cahsen.

I love Cashen, I think he is one of the best in the state, not just 2A. But it is an awfully tall order to knock off NCC. I certainly hope it happens, but I am just going with odds right now.

Round 3

Danville @ Green Co

Prestonsburg @ Desales

Corbin @ NCC

Semifinals

Danville @ Ft Campbell

NCC @ Prestonsburg

Looking at KHSAA Website it shows that district 2-2 Fort Campbell/OC will play the winner of district 2-4 Danville/Bardstown and then that winner will play the winner between 2-1 Caldwell Co/Trigg Co and 2-3 Glasgow/Green Co.

Looking at KHSAA Website it shows that district 2-2 Fort Campbell/OC will play the winner of district 2-4 Danville/Bardstown and then that winner will play the winner between 2-1 Caldwell Co/Trigg Co and 2-3 Glasgow/Green Co.

Thats the way I read it...:thumb:

2-1 vs 2-3 ______

_______

2-2 vs 2-4 ______

_______

2-5 vs 2-7 ______

_______

2-6 vs 2-8 ______

FC and AA, you guys are exactly right, I looked at the bracket wrong. Thanks for calling it to my attention.

My adjusted predictions (switching Green Co and Ft. Campbell) ...

Round 3

Green Co @ Caldwell Co

Danville @ Ft Campbell

Prestonsburg @ Desales

Corbin @ NCC

Semifinals

Danville @ Caldwell Co

NCC @ Prestonsburg

Thanks for the info. Any idea which districts will be the home teams this year?

Thanks for the info. Any idea which districts will be the home teams this year?

In the first two rounds, the low seed hosts the games.

In round 3, the first thing you have to look at is seed. If one team is a lower seed than the other, the low seed hosts the game.

If both teams have the same seed #, then you look at the # of the district each team is from. The team from the odd # district will host in the odd years and the even district will host in the even years.

If both teams are from odd districts, or if both teams are from even districts, then the team from the lower # district will host the game.

In the semifinals (round 4) the even numbered region hosts in the even numbered years and the odd numbered region hosts in the odd numbered years.

Corbin actually hosted Middlesboro but even though they are down from the past beating a still solid Middlesboro team 48-15 with starters pulled early is impressive. Corbin will host Knott County Central in round one and realistically, that shouldn't be a game. The Hounds had 40 points on them within 6 minutes of offense and one was a fumble return. 2nd round would be a rematch with Middlesboro. Corbin has the better team and definitely should win but you better watch out for this game if you are a Redhound. Middlesboro is our biggest rival and they will be ready to bring it. When it's do or die time, anyone can win.

If Corbin gets past the Yellow Jackets, they will have to take their high scoring balanced offensive attack to Newport. NCC has one heckuva a defense. I don't know about their offense but Corbin features a pretty mean D as well. The heart and soul of the d Josh Sanders should be back by then too. It won't be a game either team can sleep on. I look forward to hopefully seeing that matchup but before counting my chickens before they hatch, business needs to be taken care of first.

Corbin actually hosted Middlesboro but even though they are down from the past beating a still solid Middlesboro team 48-15 with starters pulled early is impressive. Corbin will host Knott County Central in round one and realistically, that shouldn't be a game. The Hounds had 40 points on them within 6 minutes of offense and one was a fumble return. 2nd round would be a rematch with Middlesboro. Corbin has the better team and definitely should win but you better watch out for this game if you are a Redhound. Middlesboro is our biggest rival and they will be ready to bring it. When it's do or die time, anyone can win.

If Corbin gets past the Yellow Jackets, they will have to take their high scoring balanced offensive attack to Newport. NCC has one heckuva a defense. I don't know about their offense but Corbin features a pretty mean D as well. The heart and soul of the d Josh Sanders should be back by then too. It won't be a game either team can sleep on. I look forward to hopefully seeing that matchup but before counting my chickens before they hatch, business needs to be taken care of first.

If the games play out as seeded, this will be the third consecutive year that Corbin's district would have to travel for the regional final game........kind of odd.