Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Player of the Year 2008

Featured Replies

There is no suprise who is on the tops of everyones ballets. Who is able to walk away player of the year this year...

Farris

Maile

Elliot

Nicohls

And are there any more boys who might make some noise? I'm sure Dandy is bound to have some Ryle names to pop into this list.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no suprise who is on the tops of everyones ballets. Who is able to walk away player of the year this year...

Farris

Maile

Elliot

Nicohls

And are there any more boys who might make some noise? I'm sure Dandy is bound to have some Ryle names to pop into this list.

 

Oh yea, There will be a few Ryle boys with the numbers to be in the running.

 

We'll have to check the stats aroubd mid May.

All of these players would definitely be considered favorites, but I am sure a few other will come into the picture before the season is over. In the end any one of these four could win it and contend for state honors.

I think all of the above have a good shot at the POY.

 

Farris, should be able if they pitch to him, have a field day after what he did to the best college bound pitchers this summer, but can anyone else but Reed help him out to prevent this from happening? Great kid.....

 

Elliott, there is no one I enjoy watching more as he runs around the bases as much as Cody. This kid can hit, field his position, and pitch. He will have a lot of additional pressure on him as a senior on this still young Beechwood team.

 

Nichols, the best complete pitcher in NKy HS baseball this season and that includes Elliott. Matt can bring it, or can make you look silly with his curve. He is a pitcher and not a thrower, and there is a HUGE difference between the two. No one will want to face him in the Region.

 

Maile, everybody know how I feel about this young man, so I won't say anything more.

 

A few more to mention would be Towles (sp) from HHS, Nutini from CovCath and Zac Adams from Scott, all outstanding players in there own right.....

Others?

Gotta think Nutini and Isler will play into the picture after watching both start for the Colonels this summer. Both had a great summer.

Despite a number of great players in NKY, I think its a two horse race between Farris and Maile!! Sentimental edge maybe to Farris since he's a senior and Maile will have another year.

Despite a number of great players in NKY, I think its a two horse race between Farris and Maile!! Sentimental edge maybe to Farris since he's a senior and Maile will have another year.

 

I would agree.

Despite a number of great players in NKY, I think its a two horse race between Farris and Maile!! Sentimental edge maybe to Farris since he's a senior and Maile will have another year.

 

While those two young men will be the odds on favorite to win the 2008 POY, who would have thought that for two years in a row, a sophomore would win such a honor. Both Farris and Maile won their POY in their sophomore year, so the question begs, who is the best sophomore in the NKy this season? Don't think being a senior means much, much less a junior, as I personally think the best ballplayer will win, just like Farris and Maile did in the past two when they were the best player, even though they were only sophmores.....

While those two young men will be the odds on favorite to win the 2008 POY, who would have thought that for two years in a row, a sophomore would win such a honor. Both Farris and Maile won their POY in their sophomore year, so the question begs, who is the best sophomore in the NKy this season? Don't think being a senior means much, much less a junior, as I personally think the best ballplayer will win, just like Farris and Maile did in the past two when they were the best player, even though they were only sophmores.....

 

I think it goes to show you how special these two ballplayers are... For example you won't even have the possiblity this year of a sophmore POY coming out of the Cov Cath and Ryle teams as they are deep with talent in their junior and senior classes. By using this example I am making the point you first have to be an unbelievable talent as a sophmore to even have an opportunity to play varsity on the top teams in the region. There are always a few exceptions every year, but very few.

Despite a number of great players in NKY, I think its a two horse race between Farris and Maile!! Sentimental edge maybe to Farris since he's a senior and Maile will have another year.

 

 

Maybe he has already won, He did sign at UK.

I think all of the above have a good shot at the POY.

 

Farris, should be able if they pitch to him, have a field day after what he did to the best college bound pitchers this summer, but can anyone else but Reed help him out to prevent this from happening? Great kid.....

 

Elliott, there is no one I enjoy watching more as he runs around the bases as much as Cody. This kid can hit, field his position, and pitch. He will have a lot of additional pressure on him as a senior on this still young Beechwood team.

 

Nichols, the best complete pitcher in NKy HS baseball this season and that includes Elliott. Matt can bring it, or can make you look silly with his curve. He is a pitcher and not a thrower, and there is a HUGE difference between the two. No one will want to face him in the Region.

 

Maile, everybody know how I feel about this young man, so I won't say anything more.

 

A few more to mention would be Towles (sp) from HHS, Nutini from CovCath and Zac Adams from Scott, all outstanding players in there own right.....

Others?

 

B'Wood may start as many as 8 seniors this year .The other spot is up for grabs .It will be in the outfield ,the lone graduate from last years team .It could be a frosh .There could also be a frosh in the L/U and start 7 seniors .We'll have to see how things shake out .They are very young after the seniors ,as you can see with the potential of starting frosh .The frosh that have a shot have played some last year .They have played very competitive baseball for 6 years now and nothing seems to shake them up much .:thumb:

Despite a number of great players in NKY, I think its a two horse race between Farris and Maile!! Sentimental edge maybe to Farris since he's a senior and Maile will have another year.

 

It may be a kid hitting behind Farris or Maile :) I don't think we've seen walks like we will with these two this year.... Maile was walked like 11 times in maybe 16 at bats in the district and regional, once with bases loaded...Corey got a lot of the same...they may not have the numbers to repeat in the hitting columns?

B'Wood may start as many as 8 seniors this year .The other spot is up for grabs .It will be in the outfield ,the lone graduate from last years team .It could be a frosh .There could also be a frosh in the L/U and start 7 seniors .We'll have to see how things shake out .They are very young after the seniors ,as you can see with the potential of starting frosh .The frosh that have a shot have played some last year .They have played very competitive baseball for 6 years now and nothing seems to shake them up much .:thumb:

 

Beechwood won't even have 8 seniors on their team. At various thimes last season They started 2 sophomores or 2 freshmen or 2 8th graders. The most that will start for the Tigers is 5 Elliott, Miller, Gohs, Morris, and maybe Williams, Hadden will also pitch that is the whole senior class. This is on the assumption that Bankemper will not be returning.

From what I understand Bankemper will not be playing and Beechwood will be loaded with under classmen. JD

It may be a kid hitting behind Farris or Maile :) I don't think we've seen walks like we will with these two this year.... Maile was walked like 11 times in maybe 16 at bats in the district and regional, once with bases loaded...Corey got a lot of the same...they may not have the numbers to repeat in the hitting columns?

 

I remember that....:creepy:

 

I have jokingly suggested to some of the CovCath faithful all summer long that Coach Krumps needs to go out and find the fastest kid at CovCath and teach him to steal bases, and then, every time a team walks Maile (since Maile is a Catcher) pinch run for him, then before the next batter has three pitches thrown against him, that kid should be standing on third base. Now I understand that is not going to happen, but I would hope for both Farris and Maile sake, that the young men hitting behind them, hit the heck out of the ball....If that happens, then maybe teams will start pitching to both fine young hitters. How many pitches either gets to hit this season, will totally depend on the hitters behind and in front of them.

If their teammates don't hit for a high average, then neither Corry or Luke will see a pitch to hit all season long.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.