Boyd County vs. Grant County predictions

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Who wins this one.....I will take my BC Lions!!!

Grant County 6-3 but has not played to many good teams in those six wins, but hey it is six wins. Boyd needs to find a quick killer instinct to carry them the rest of the way.

BOYD-25

GRANT-21

Grant County 2007

Aug 25, '07 Pendleton County (4A @ 3-5) 20-2 (W)

Aug 31, '07 @ Western Hills (3A @ 1-7) 35-14 (W)

Sep 7, '07 Anderson County* (5A @ 8-0) 20-24 (L)

Sep 14, '07 @ Owen County (2A @ 1-8) 13-6 (W)

Sep 21, '07 @ South Oldham* (5A @ 3-5) 0-28 (L)

Sep 28, '07 Scott (5A @ 2-6) 14-13 (W) (overtime)

Oct 5, '07 Oldham County* (5A @ 3-6) 42-55 (L)

Oct 12, '07 @ Ludlow (1A @ 3-5) 30-12 (W)

Oct 19, '07 @ Jeffersontown* (5A @ 4-4) 41-16 (W)

* Denotes District Game

Grant County's combined opponent's records are 28-46.

This will be Grant County's final game of the season as this is their final regular season game and they are out of the playoff hunt:

1.) Anderson County 4-0

2.) Oldham County 2-2

3.) Jeffersontown 2-2

4.) South Oldham 1-3 (Holds the tie-breaker over Grant due to head-to-head win.)

5.) Grant County 1-3

Grant County 2007

Aug 25, '07 Pendleton County (4A @ 3-5) 20-2 (W)

Aug 31, '07 @ Western Hills (3A @ 1-7) 35-14 (W)

Sep 7, '07 Anderson County* (5A @ 8-0) 20-24 (L)

Sep 14, '07 @ Owen County (2A @ 1-8) 13-6 (W)

Sep 21, '07 @ South Oldham* (5A @ 3-5) 0-28 (L)

Sep 28, '07 Scott (5A @ 2-6) 14-13 (W) (overtime)

Oct 5, '07 Oldham County* (5A @ 3-6) 42-55 (L)

Oct 12, '07 @ Ludlow (1A @ 3-5) 30-12 (W)

Oct 19, '07 @ Jeffersontown* (5A @ 4-4) 41-16 (W)

* Denotes District Game

Grant County's combined opponent's records are 28-46.

This will be Grant County's final game of the season as this is their final regular season game and they are out of the playoff hunt:

1.) Anderson County 4-0

2.) Oldham County 2-2

3.) Jeffersontown 2-2

4.) South Oldham 1-3 (Holds the tie-breaker over Grant due to head-to-head win.)

5.) Grant County 1-3

This will be a good game, Coach Davis against his alma mater. I beleive that Boyd's opponents records is 30-34 and their 2 wins records are 4-12. But they are the district champs. Grant has a good football team, secured the first winning season ever is the school's history, by beating Jeffersontown 41-16 on Friday. J-town beat Oldham and South Oldham, something that I beleive will haunt Grant the whole off season. Grant scored 42 vs Oldham and was a few plays away from beating Anderson. Both teams have youth and the records don't matter, anything can happen on any given Friday night. Should be a great battle between these 2 teams, good luck to both. I have my money on the braves to pull this one out and finish 7-3 and a whole lot to think about in the off season about what could have been

This will be a good game, Coach Davis against his alma mater. I beleive that Boyd's opponents records is 30-34 and their 2 wins records are 4-12. But they are the district champs. Grant has a good football team, secured the first winning season ever is the school's history, by beating Jeffersontown 41-16 on Friday. J-town beat Oldham and South Oldham, something that I beleive will haunt Grant the whole off season. Grant scored 42 vs Oldham and was a few plays away from beating Anderson. Both teams have youth and the records don't matter, anything can happen on any given Friday night. Should be a great battle between these 2 teams, good luck to both. I have my money on the braves to pull this one out and finish 7-3 and a whole lot to think about in the off season about what could have been
I hope Grant County wins, this game will help them in the future, and prepare for next season.:ylsuper:

I think its a shame that a team with a winning season will miss the playoffs and teams that haven't won the first game will be going! KHSAA really needs to take a STRONG LOOK at this format!

Yeah, that is the problem there are way too many good teams missing the playoffs. (dripping with sarcasm)

I agree, but it is the format and we have to live with it until it is changed again. The issue that they tried to address was more playoff opportunities for school and in a way that has been done, but allowing teams to move up and such has made other teams have to move out of a 4 team district into a 5 or more team district. I just hope that the braves will understand to make it next year they need to take care of business in all district games. The Anderson game could have been a huge vault for them, anderson is undefeated and they are good , but they were right there with them. J-town beat Oldham and South Oldham and then Grant goes to J-town and dominates them like that, it appears coach Davis and his staff have the boys playing good at the right time, it is just a shame they will not be able to go to the playoffs, I beleive they could have made some noise. Congrats braves and keep it up this week

I'd love to see the Lions win out, but if they play like they did friday, then it'll be ugly. Boyd County may have won, but this was the first time I found myself saying that they actually looked like a 1 and six team. I hate to say it, but Grant by 7 in the 4th.

Yeah, that is the problem there are way too many good teams missing the playoffs. (dripping with sarcasm)

I'm not saying that, but what I am saying is that if you are going to have 6 classes of teams with 4 teams going in each district, it seems like there could be some parity to allow teams with a winning season to not be left out of the playoffs.

There is no doubt in my mind that "my boys" are going to win this game. I predict Grant County 35 - Boyd 21. With it being Senior Night at Grant County, I am sure the Seniors will want to put their best foot forward on their last Friday Night Show.

Win Big Braves!!:fight: