October 18, 200718 yr Curtis is on the team as a redshirt practicing every day running the scout team. I attend quite a few practices and was at the spring game 2 years ago when Curtis was named the starting QB over Woodson. Believe me Curtis can throw the ball and is unbelievable beating you with his feet. He now needs to learn the mental part of being a QB and learn to make the right decisions and checks. I believe he will no doubt be the starting QB next year if he takes care of business in the classroom and shows dedication in the off season.(something he did not do last time and lost the job back to Dre) He has all the talent in the world to become a great SEC QB he just has to do the work to get him there. UK may end up being harder to defend because of his dual threat abilities. I LOVE Woodson, but while he is smart with his feet, ... he is not going to beat you with his speed! If Pulley can get the field general role down, he definitely has the athletic ability AND a good enough arm to be excellent in the spread. I think Joker would adapt his style a little bit for Curtis. Remember, they did use him some in the not to distant pass in certain situations, particularly near the goal line. It will be interesting to see. However, if a certain rumored redshift potential transfer actually makes the move he possibly could make, we could have an interesting situation in the spring of 2009.
October 18, 200718 yr Did Pulley not beat out Woodson for the QB job but start having school/academic problems and then Woodson got the job by default last spring(06)? At least that's what I think I remember.
October 18, 200718 yr As long as Pulley gets his act together, he will be the starting QB the next 2 years for the CATS!
October 18, 200718 yr I wouldn't count on Pulley until he enrolls and shows up for summer practice. Hartline is the future. Brooks should have given the kid more reps in the Kent St and FAU game.
October 18, 200718 yr I think he is, but not sure. I know he is supposed to be eligible this fall. As far as who will be the QB, here is my guess at the depth chart at QB next year. Hartline Pulley Fidler Mason (verbal from Nashville) Don't they have a freshmen named Matt Lentz (or something like that)?
October 18, 200718 yr Did Pulley not beat out Woodson for the QB job but start having school/academic problems and then Woodson got the job by default last spring(06)? At least that's what I think I remember. No. Woodson earned it back from him then Pulley during the spring, then Curtis had his academic problems. Glad to see he is getting back on track. We will need him next year.
October 18, 200718 yr I wouldn't count on Pulley until he enrolls and shows up for summer practice. Hartline is the future. Brooks should have given the kid more reps in the Kent St and FAU game. He is already there as a redshirt running the scout team.
October 18, 200718 yr Don't they have a freshmen named Matt Lentz (or something like that)? Yeah, I think so.
October 18, 200718 yr Personally I think Lentz is the UK future QB. He is going to impress some folks. He can flat play. 6' 3" 215 lbs Has a strong arm, is a decent runner, and is smart. A lot like Woodson.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.