Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did the Bengals make the wrong call on the OL?

Featured Replies

Before last season they had three OL that needed new contracts. They signed Anderson and Jones and let Steinbach leave. Did they make the wrong call and Steinbach should have been signed with Anderson or Jones being the one they let go?

I think w/Steinbach being a guard the relevance is what? It is 2 different positions and the Bengals felt Bobbie Williams and Andrew Whitworth could handle the guard spots.

 

I feel Willie, if for nothing else, deserved his contract for his work ethic and loyalty to the franchise and city. He did play in every game last year and made another Pro Bowl, hard to say his money has been wasted.

 

I think this team's problems right now run a bit deeper than the O-Line!!!

  • Author
I think w/Steinbach being a guard the relevance is what? It is 2 different positions and the Bengals felt Bobbie Williams and Andrew Whitworth could handle the guard spots.

 

I feel Willie, if for nothing else, deserved his contract for his work ethic and loyalty to the franchise and city. He did play in every game last year and made another Pro Bowl, hard to say his money has been wasted.

 

I think this team's problems right now run a bit deeper than the O-Line!!!

 

Marvin has consistently held the position that players should be able to play multiple positions and move them around.

 

The Enquirer today talks about how the rushing game is non-existent with one main reason being the O-line.

I don't think so...I still think tackles are more important than guards...unless there is a huge difference in the talent level, but I don't think there is between Willie or Levi vs. Steinbach.

I think w/Steinbach being a guard the relevance is what? It is 2 different positions and the Bengals felt Bobbie Williams and Andrew Whitworth could handle the guard spots.

 

I feel Willie, if for nothing else, deserved his contract for his work ethic and loyalty to the franchise and city. He did play in every game last year and made another Pro Bowl, hard to say his money has been wasted.

 

I think this team's problems right now run a bit deeper than the O-Line!!!

 

Steinbach is also a heck of a center. The questions should not involve Willie or Levi, rather J. Smith. Let him go and franchise Steinbach.

The Bengals problems on the o-line are related to Big Willie and Levi being hurt and not playing at full strength. If they were then the line would be fine with the personnel they have.

The Bengals problems on the o-line are related to Big Willie and Levi being hurt and not playing at full strength. If they were then the line would be fine with the personnel they have.

 

Don't think they'd be better with Steinbach at G and Whitworth at LT?

Don't think they'd be better with Steinbach at G and Whitworth at LT?

 

Not if Levi is healthy. If he's not, then yes.

 

Whitworth CAN be very good once he settles into one position. I understand the Bengals not paying Steinbach but its only good if everyone is healthy.

Not if Levi is healthy. If he's not, then yes.

 

Whitworth CAN be very good once he settles into one position. I understand the Bengals not paying Steinbach but its only good if everyone is healthy.

 

The point is they could have kept Steinbach and let J. Smith walk

The point is they could have kept Steinbach and let J. Smith walk

 

I'm not exactly sure why they thought they had to pay Justin Smith as much as they did.

  • Author
The Bengals problems on the o-line are related to Big Willie and Levi being hurt and not playing at full strength. If they were then the line would be fine with the personnel they have.

 

Somebody mentioned that as a concern preseason but I can't remember who it was.:D

  • Author
I'm not exactly sure why they thought they had to pay Justin Smith as much as they did.

 

I agree.

Don't let Levi of late fool you guys he is playing on one leg. IMO when healthy is a top 5 LT.

Don't let Levi of late fool you guys he is playing on one leg. IMO when healthy is a top 5 LT.

 

When he is healthy is he definitely one of the top LT's in the NFL...:thumb:

As alot of people have pointed out I think they made the wrong call in franchising Justin Smith. That money could have went to Steinbach or could have went to try to go after an actual defensive player that would help this team more. Also I love Willie Anderson, and I see why we signed him back since he is such a big influence in the lockerroom. However I was a little concerned when we did, because he is getting older, and had to know that he wasn't going to be able to keep playing through injuries every year. I think maybe we should have just let him go, because we would have had Stacy Andrews and big Whitworth as well. So if we would have let Justin Smith walk and Anderson, we could have had some money to go after a Adalius Thomas this past offseason, or could have seriously went after Nate Clemons, and saved us from using our draft pick on Leon Hall.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.