Did the Bengals make the wrong call on the OL?

I think w/Steinbach being a guard the relevance is what? It is 2 different positions and the Bengals felt Bobbie Williams and Andrew Whitworth could handle the guard spots.

I feel Willie, if for nothing else, deserved his contract for his work ethic and loyalty to the franchise and city. He did play in every game last year and made another Pro Bowl, hard to say his money has been wasted.

I think this team's problems right now run a bit deeper than the O-Line!!!

I think w/Steinbach being a guard the relevance is what? It is 2 different positions and the Bengals felt Bobbie Williams and Andrew Whitworth could handle the guard spots.

I feel Willie, if for nothing else, deserved his contract for his work ethic and loyalty to the franchise and city. He did play in every game last year and made another Pro Bowl, hard to say his money has been wasted.

Marvin has consistently held the position that players should be able to play multiple positions and move them around.

The Enquirer today talks about how the rushing game is non-existent with one main reason being the O-line.

Steinbach is also a heck of a center. The questions should not involve Willie or Levi, rather J. Smith. Let him go and franchise Steinbach.

Don't think they'd be better with Steinbach at G and Whitworth at LT?

Not if Levi is healthy. If he's not, then yes.

Whitworth CAN be very good once he settles into one position. I understand the Bengals not paying Steinbach but its only good if everyone is healthy.

As alot of people have pointed out I think they made the wrong call in franchising Justin Smith. That money could have went to Steinbach or could have went to try to go after an actual defensive player that would help this team more. Also I love Willie Anderson, and I see why we signed him back since he is such a big influence in the lockerroom. However I was a little concerned when we did, because he is getting older, and had to know that he wasn't going to be able to keep playing through injuries every year. I think maybe we should have just let him go, because we would have had Stacy Andrews and big Whitworth as well. So if we would have let Justin Smith walk and Anderson, we could have had some money to go after a Adalius Thomas this past offseason, or could have seriously went after Nate Clemons, and saved us from using our draft pick on Leon Hall.