Did the Bengals make the wrong call on the OL?

As alot of people have pointed out I think they made the wrong call in franchising Justin Smith. That money could have went to Steinbach or could have went to try to go after an actual defensive player that would help this team more. Also I love Willie Anderson, and I see why we signed him back since he is such a big influence in the lockerroom. However I was a little concerned when we did, because he is getting older, and had to know that he wasn't going to be able to keep playing through injuries every year. I think maybe we should have just let him go, because we would have had Stacy Andrews and big Whitworth as well. So if we would have let Justin Smith walk and Anderson, we could have had some money to go after a Adalius Thomas this past offseason, or could have seriously went after Nate Clemons, and saved us from using our draft pick on Leon Hall.

What if and could ofs. We are now relegated to loserspeak. Well deserved Bengals!:irked:

Willie deserves what he gets. Levi was the biggest money mistake the Bengals have made in a long time. Steinbach was solid and continues to be for Cleveland. Franchising a guy that wears Roller Skates to the games each week might have also been one of the worst moves ever by the Bengals.

Lets face it, our Bookend Tackles are old, hurt and not very good anymore. What do you do? You go with who you got and hope they get better. Let Levi sit and whine all he wants but I gurantee when he picks up that Check every Tuesday he aint whining.

Willie deserves what he gets. Levi was the biggest money mistake the Bengals have made in a long time. Steinbach was solid and continues to be for Cleveland. Franchising a guy that wears Roller Skates to the games each week might have also been one of the worst moves ever by the Bengals.

Lets face it, our Bookend Tackles are old, hurt and not very good anymore. What do you do? You go with who you got and hope they get better. Let Levi sit and whine all he wants but I gurantee when he picks up that Check every Tuesday he aint whining.

At that time it was a very smart choice. I mean when healthy he is one of the top LT's in the game. We have one of the best QB's in the NFL so it was pretty smart to sign a guy who is one of the best tackles in the league. Yeah now this guy is having a hard time getting healthy, so now it dont look good. But when healthy he is one of the best..Willie yeah he did alot for the team, but that dont mean you go out and give him a back contract at the end of his career. It was very easy to see coming that one of these injuries was going to finally make Willie not play. So out of those two it probably was more of a mistake to give Willie that money..However the biggest mistake was franchising Smith and paying him all that money we are right now...

At that time it was a very smart choice. I mean when healthy he is one of the top LT's in the game. We have one of the best QB's in the NFL so it was pretty smart to sign a guy who is one of the best tackles in the league. Yeah now this guy is having a hard time getting healthy, so now it dont look good. But when healthy he is one of the best..Willie yeah he did alot for the team, but that dont mean you go out and give him a back contract at the end of his career. It was very easy to see coming that one of these injuries was going to finally make Willie not play. So out of those two it probably was more of a mistake to give Willie that money..However the biggest mistake was franchising Smith and paying him all that money we are right now...

I disagree, I think he was solid but not worth the money. I thought they should have spent the money to keep sTeinbach but he went without a fight and that tells me he may have been fed up with some things in the clubhouse. I will agree with you about Smith though. He is a gamer but gets pushed around more than a red headed step child.