Calloway County 40 Mayfield 7

Dang...Did the Cards Play like they had the game won before it started?

It seems like it, but you have to hand it to Calloway, the Willis kid is really good, he is huge and has good speed. Mayfield has a long way to go defensively IMO, I thought we had a better pass defense than that and it was just a let down. Yeah, this could be the beginning of a good rivalry between the two schools, only time will tell. Our boys need to pick their heads up and get ready for Fulton City cause they will definitely be ready after this game.

Nice comments from the Mayfield faithful. BIG win for the Lakers that hopefully gets them respect they've been looking for. CC needed it for confidence after 3 very close losses. Looked like Mayfield was flat early and CC just pounded them. Jumped out 14-0 on two TD passes and the air show opened up the run. Score was 14-7 at half but Lakers dominated. Lakers had two long well-mixed TD drives in 3Q that ate clock and wore down Cardinals defense. Two more 4Q scores underscored the dominance. Brockman about 200 passing yards with 4 TD (3 pass, 1 rush, 0 INT). Willis (@130) and Bumpus (@105, 2 TD) both big games at RB. Garner two TD rec. Laker defense was also aggressive and impressive. Despite class difference this win was big for CC due to the tradition of winning that surrounds Mayfield program. Lots of friends across both teams and they were all respectful and hugs in post-game line...the way it should be. Laker fans thought the game winnable, but surely nobody could have imagined this score.

Nice comments from the Mayfield faithful. BIG win for the Lakers that hopefully gets them respect they've been looking for. CC needed it for confidence after 3 very close losses. Looked like Mayfield was flat early and CC just pounded them. Jumped out 14-0 on two TD passes and the air show opened up the run. Score was 14-7 at half but Lakers dominated. Lakers had two long well-mixed TD drives in 3Q that ate clock and wore down Cardinals defense. Two more 4Q scores underscored the dominance. Brockman about 200 passing yards with 4 TD (3 pass, 1 rush, 0 INT). Willis (@130) and Bumpus (@105, 2 TD) both big games at RB. Garner two TD rec. Laker defense was also aggressive and impressive. Despite class difference this win was big for CC due to the tradition of winning that surrounds Mayfield program. Lots of friends across both teams and they were all respectful and hugs in post-game line...the way it should be. Laker fans thought the game winnable, but surely nobody could have imagined this score.

:thumb:

My take...Mayfield was flatter than the field they played on last night....Calloway smacked them in the mouth all night long. I have never seen an offensive line pick up stunts and blitzes like Calloway's line did. Calloway was not that much better, but they made Mayfield look silly in every facet of the game. Frankly, I was shocked and embrassed by the way Mayfield responded...it was not typical Mayfield.

Congrats to Calloway and Coach McKeel:thumb:...their QB was very good and accurate and I was impressed by the way they played. Mayfield's coaching staff was outcoached all the way around!!!

Sounds like Logan is out at QB with a seperated shoulder for another couple of weeks. I don't really think he should play on "D" at all the rest of the year. Logan was on the 2 doing a QB sneak and Willis from Calloway simply feel on him and boom he is out of the game.

I USUALLY DON'T COMMENT ON THE OFFICIALS BUT WITH ALL THE THREADS LATELY...I'D LIKE TO ADD MY TWO CENTS. THEY WERE AWFUL LAST NIGHT BOTH WAYS... :creepy: I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY WERE FROM BUT IT WAS PITIFUL...LET THE KIDS PLAY. EVERY TIME THEY WOULD CALL A PENALTY IT SEEMED LIKE THEY WOULD CALL THE NEXT ONE THE OPPOSITE WAY. THERE WERE ALSO MANY MORE OFFSETTING PENALTIES THEN I'VE SEEN. IT DID NOT CAUSE MAYFIELD TO LOSE, BUT THE OFFICIALS WERE AN EMBRASSMENT!:fight:

Congrats to the Lakers and their fans again, good luck the rest of the year...Hopefully Mayfield will remember what it felt like to get hit in the mouth and respond next week and there on. :ylsuper:

The QB for Calloway was impressive. He was very acurate and he could throw on the run also. He is the best QB i have seen this year. Their receivers caught just about everything thrown their way and had a knack for finding soft spots in the defense. Calloways defense swarmed to the ball and they were impressive too.

Mayfield was flat and maybe this butt kickin will spur them on and hopefully will help them to make a run deep into the playoffs.

One final note about the game last night, I dont know if we see that kind offfense again this season, it seems to give us trouble. Calloway reminded me of Marshall when they had Aryd at QB and Williams at the running back postion. We had trouble with them also and I believe they beat us 28-0. This game is now history and lets look forward to our remaining games and the playoffs.

In the fourth quarter was Logan ejected from the game. The ref threw two un sportsman like flags on Mayfield. The first flag was thrown then Logan started in on the ref and a second flag was thrown. Not sure if he was ejected looked like the ref gave the sign. I do agree the ref's are putting the yellow flag on the ground alot this year. Good game CC