Calloway County 40 Mayfield 7

Logan was ejected on the sideline by the ref with a chip on his shoulder it seemed for yelling after a no-call hold. He can't play next week anyway! OL Trevor Williams was also ejected when he lost his composure and swung at a CC player. The attitudes were awful last night...Coach Morris said this morning it is his job to yell not the players and it was a stupid move to swing at any player...Morris said, "He had pads on you know!"

Two other tidbits...Mayfield had -3 yards in the first quarter wonder when that has happened before...I wonder when/who the last team to beat Mayfield like a drum at War Memorial?

I wonder if Mayfield being "flat" is a reflection of maybe the players being as overconfident as some of their fans on here ...

I believe there were a few factors...

1.Fall break--teens staying out late, coming to practice sluggish and repeat cycle for 5 days.

2.Overlooked Calloway-hard to see this one, but it wasn't a district game like the one next week for all the marbles.

3.Calloway's first drive deflated Mayfield and they could never recover it seemed. They seemed to give up which I have not see since the NCC game...lots of finger pointing---Just must remember these are students and hopefully this will make the Cards stronger. I think this loss will do them good as they have been winning fairly easy...and it seemed the 35-14 games letting younger players play was getting the upperclassman kind of stagnant.

Missed it, was in Florida on break, thank goodness

One has to ponder if this loss is really all that much of a suprise, sure the margin of the loss is but that is about it for me. Calloway Co has a solid passing attack and can also run but the pass is somthing Mayfield had not really seen to this point. Same as a couple years ago in the state title game against NCC, they had a potent passing attack and we had not see one all year and we were mauled. We need to play more of the teams that are productive with the pass or we will die by it in the late rounds of the playoffs.

…………………….Mayfield……………...........

CallowayCounty

First Downs……………8…………………………………20

Rushing Attempts……30………………………………….36

Rushing Yards………..60…………………...............….253

Passing………………6-12-0……………....................15-22-0

Passing Yards………..40……………………................183

Total Yards…………100……………………………..436

Fumbles-Lost………3-1……………………………… 1-0

Penalties…………13-127……………………………10-81

Give Calloway County credit they played a great game Friday night and they were the more focused and determined team. I figured Mayfield would have a "trap" game but figured it would come after either the Graves County win or the Paducah Tilghman game and not this last one. No shame in losing to Calloway County...just a shame in Mayfield losing the way that they did by not playing with any heart and pride...granted there were a few kids out there playing hard...just not the whole team like they have the past six weeks. This should be the wake up call that Mayfield needs to get kids attention and to tell them that they have to come out every week with the focus and determination that they showed in the prior games...if they do that they will be fine the rest of the season. Too bad Mayfield did not bring their "A" game as it would have been fun to see that matchup with Calloway County.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call to the Mayfield players that they have to bring their focus and determination week in and week out if they want to get to Louisville...and I think this team will rebound and make a strong showing this Friday night against Fulton City. And if they can do that then hopefully we will look back at this loss as a positive thing that propelled them to a long postseason run. Good luck to Calloway County the rest of the season and the postseason.

I was going to go to this game, but I went up to Lexington early for the UK/LSU game on Friday night, and I guess Im glad I didn't go. Calloway played a heck of a game from what I hear....Mayfield not so good, but as we all know you have to come ready to play. Calloway did and Mayfield didn't, its that simple. AND, there is always something good each team can take home from a game like this

Calloway- lost some tough games this year and gets a HUGE win, one of the biggest in school history considering they have never beat a program like Mayfield the way they did. Their confidence is going to be riding sky high the rest of the schedule. Hopkins Co Cent and Graves are their big games left, assuming they beat Fulton Co.

Mayfield-realized you have to come into EVERY game ready to go. Good/Great teams are not gonna lay down just because you are Mayfield. Wins are earned, not handed out. Not to mention, this is a game that we can lose and it doesn't hurt us playoff wise. If you are going to lay an egg like last Friday night, then that was a good night to do it. I know undefeated seasons are great, but being undefeated doesn't mean jack in the grand scheme of things. TRUST ME, it is better to take a loss during the regular season and go to state than to be 13-0 and lose in the state-semis. It is a good thing to be humbled. This loss to Calloway will def help Mayfield in the long run. DONT TAKE SUCCESS FOR GRANTED, PLAY EVERY PLAY AND EVERY GAME LIKE IT IS YOUR LAST, AND BE HUMBLE. Good luck next week against Fulton City. We can do this guys.