One Game....One Coach

oldrambler

O.K. - I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this. Lets say that you have One Game (Big Game) to win and you could have any One Coach in the country for that one game then who would you want?

I would have to choose Jim Tressel (Ohio State),

Yes, I know he lost the NC game last year but just look at his record of championships and big game record.

Another choice of mine would be Steve Spurrier (South Carolina), the Ol' Ball Coach can get a team prepared and he is imo one of if not the best "in game" coach around anywhere.

(of course, Bear Bryant is no longer with us or he would be an overwhelming choice of mine)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. - I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this. Lets say that you have One Game (Big Game) to win and you could have any One Coach in the country for that one game then who would you want?

I would have to choose Jim Tressel (Ohio State),

Yes, I know he lost the NC game last year but just look at his record of championships and big game record.

Another choice of mine would be Steve Spurrier (South Carolina), the Ol' Ball Coach can get a team prepared and he is imo one of if not the best "in game" coach around anywhere.

Those would be my too as well.

If my team's strength is offense, I would go with Spurrier.

If my team's strength is defense, not sure who I would go with but not Spurrier.

Spurrier coached teams are known for their offense but his teams usually always field a very aggressive well coached defense.

Spurrier coached teams are known for their offense but his teams usually always field a very aggressive well coached defense.

He's very good and smart about hiring and staying out of the way of his DC's.

He's also better at checking his ego on offense with his playcalling to do what is necessary to win...whether that is grinding it out and playing field position because defense is his best chance to win, or throwing it all over the field.

He and Tressel would definitely be on my short list, along with Carroll.