Woodford Co. 48 Ashland 13

Ouch.

Seeing this score makes the Woodford/JC game earlier this year not as shocking. Woodford must have a real good team this year.

I think I heard Dicky mention in the first half that Woodford was a young team also...Anyone know if this is true ?

Woodford County dominated the game from the start. After each Ashland game, there have been several posts stating that Ashland is better than its record indicates. At this stage of the season, it seems fair to ask if that is really true. As I have posted before, I hate to see Matt Thomas having this situation in his senior year. He deserves better.

Woodford County dominated the game from the start. After each Ashland game, there have been several posts stating that Ashland is better than its record indicates. At this stage of the season, it seems fair to ask if that is really true. As I have posted before, I hate to see Matt Thomas having this situation in his senior year. He deserves better.

Not true! It was 7-6 Woodford early in the 2nd quarter. Obviously by the final score, Ashland didn't finish the deal for the final 3 quarters but "dominated from the start"????

I'm not sure what picture your trying to paint Kingfish, but please try to keep it based on the facts, and that also goes for your insight on what Mr Thomas "deserves". I personally would love to see every senior at Ashland, or any school for the matter, have a winning and sucessful senior season, but that just isn't reality. Matt Thomas is a fine young man and I'm sure he can and will deal with these football set backs in a positive and constructive way.

I think Matt deserves better than you telling him what he deserves:confused:

They'll heal next week with Greenup coming in IMO but have Bryan Station and then go to JC :eek:.
Gee thanks, you must be the kind of guy that kicks a dieing dog, we should get some players back off the injured list also 2 suspended players back, but I don't think Greenup County will lay down because we are playing the mighty Tomcats, or the evil empire, Ashland is 1-6, GC is 1-5, we may get beat, but we will show up, we just seem to get outcoached, we do have that Musketeer pride.:ylsuper:

Is Matt Thomas the only senior on the team all I hear about is Thomas. Isn't thier any other seniors thats been with the program for four years and has worked just as hard as he has or be cause they just might not be has talented as Matt they don't deserve better . Maybe thats why this class hasn't done so good because ever sence we have played them in freshman J.V all we ever hear about is Matt Matt Matt well I'm sure he has some pretty nice class mates because I've seen them and they also seem to be pretty good kids also . What I am trying to say hear is they are other kids there that have feeling and are just as much of a tomcat as Mr. Thomas is .

Gee thanks, you must be the kind of guy that kicks a dieing dog, we should get some players back off the injured list also 2 suspended players back, but I don't think Greenup County will lay down because we are playing the mighty Tomcats, or the evil empire, Ashland is 1-6, GC is 1-5, we may get beat, but we will show up, we just seem to get outcoached, we do have that Musketeer pride.:ylsuper:

I don't doubt that the Musketeer team will play hard. But GC has no answer for a speedy, cut and slash runner the likes of Thomas. He will score early and often.

Not true! It was 7-6 Woodford early in the 2nd quarter. Obviously by the final score, Ashland didn't finish the deal for the final 3 quarters but "dominated from the start"????

I'm not sure what picture your trying to paint Kingfish, but please try to keep it based on the facts, and that also goes for your insight on what Mr Thomas "deserves". I personally would love to see every senior at Ashland, or any school for the matter, have a winning and sucessful senior season, but that just isn't reality. Matt Thomas is a fine young man and I'm sure he can and will deal with these football set backs in a positive and constructive way.

I think Matt deserves better than you telling him what he deserves:confused:

I guess I hit a raw nerve with onetoya. When you lose 48-13 I guess it can be said that you didn't "finish the deal". I do understand that when you are 1-6 you insiders tend to get a little touchy. You can point out the score at the end of the first quarter but, if you thought Ashland was still in the game at that time, you were one of the few. Most independent observers were just waiting for the dam to burst. And it did.

My comments about Thomas were not a cut at the other seniors. Many posts have been made pointing out that it is a shame that Brian Brohm is having an outstanding season and that, because his team is not doing better, he will not receive the recognition that he deserves. I am pointing out the same in regard to Thomas. For example, at the risk of causing an uproar, if Thomas were at Russell or some other more successful school this season, he would be a very legitimate Mr. Football candidate.

Again, no harm meant.

I guess I hit a raw nerve with onetoya. When you lose 48-13 I guess it can be said that you didn't "finish the deal". I do understand that when you are 1-6 you insiders tend to get a little touchy. You can point out the score at the end of the first quarter but, if you thought Ashland was still in the game at that time, you were one of the few. Most independent observers were just waiting for the dam to burst. And it did.

My comments about Thomas were not a cut at the other seniors. Many posts have been made pointing out that it is a shame that Brian Brohm is having an outstanding season and that, because his team is not doing better, he will not receive the recognition that he deserves. I am pointing out the same in regard to Thomas. For example, at the risk of causing an uproar, if Thomas were at Russell or some other more successful school this season, he would be a very legitimate Mr. Football candidate.

Again, no harm meant.

I agree with what you are saying with the exception of the Mr. Football thing. If he were at a school in Louisville such as Male, X, Trinity etc. I would think he would be a legit Mr. Football. But not at Russell, Johnson Central, Belfry, breathitt, etc.