16th Region predictions for upcoming year?

I’ll put in my 2 cents…

1) East Carter-Coaching, talent, and experience

2) Ashland-Finally grown up, strong finish in last year’s regional tourney

3) West Carter-Good showing in summer, Stevens is impressive

4) Rowan-Would be in my top 3, but how will coaching change affect team?

5) Morgan-Darkhorse of region led by athletic Eagle

6) Raceland-Biggest question mark of the region due to status of Keeton and Vanderhoof

7) Russell-Huge losses to graduation, but Kidwell could have solid group by tourney time

8) Fleming-Injured point guard returns to lead talented group

9) Elliot-Made strides last year with under-rated talent

10) Lewis-Scrappy team led by Marth

11) Boyd-Faces major rebuilding process, but always plays hard

12) Menifee-Williams is the key

13) Greenup-Gibson and Sexton will be sorely missed

14) Bath-Without Wright, Bath will have tough time scoring

15) Fairview-Wins could be tough to get for second year coach

16) Rose Hill-Must replace 90% of scoring and rebounding

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an interesting article in the Ashland newspaper about a Gill girl at Russell. I assume she is related to the Gill boy who was a good athlete for Russell. The article said that she is six feet tall.

The article indicated that she plays voleyball all year. Is there any chance that she will play basketball this year? I hope Coach Kidwell can get her to play because she would sure help Russell.

There was an interesting article in the Ashland newspaper about a Gill girl at Russell. I assume she is related to the Gill boy who was a good athlete for Russell. The article said that she is six feet tall.

The article indicated that she plays voleyball all year. Is there any chance that she will play basketball this year? I hope Coach Kidwell can get her to play because she would sure help Russell.

She is a tremendous athlete, but as far as I know she has never played basketball and doesn't plan to. But I think she could help.

1.East Carter

2.Rowan Co.

3.Ashland

4.Elliot Co.

5.West Carter

6.Lewis Co.

7.Raceland

8.Fleming Co.

9.Menifee Co.

10.Morgan Co.

11.Bath Co.

12.Boyd Co.

13.Greenup Co.

14.Fairview

15.Bath Co.

16. Rose Hill

Is East really going to be that good this year ? I thought we lost alot this past year. I haven't been keeping up with this as close as I had been. If we are that good .... COOL.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I agree with you wholeheartedly - but just curious why you like West so much.

I think that they are well coached, and seemingly every year, they have someone step up and play better than expected, I just think that they'll be a tough out. Perhaps West and East are the 2 best, yet only 1 may make it to the region.

I think that they are well coached, and seemingly every year, they have someone step up and play better than expected, I just think that they'll be a tough out. Perhaps West and East are the 2 best, yet only 1 may make it to the region.

I agree Doc. Year in and year out East and West are always in the mix. Should be an interesting year with no totally dominant teams in the region.