"We Don't Play As A Team"

gametime

He toned it down last year for several weeks. He was awful. ...

How lame is it for a)him to blame the fact that's not getting enough catches on him "toning it down" and b)fans believing it.

CJ plays this town like a fiddle.

Someone explain this to me. If Chad works harder than anyone in the NFL, which is ridiculous because who really knows, then why did he have a horrible end of season last year? Can anyone honestly say, with a straight face, that he played bad because he couldn't 'run his mouth'? Seriously, talk about a mental midget.

I think Chad's a great receiver and obviously he works hard at it. But, I always refer back to what Michael Irvin used to say. Even if he was mad at Aikman, he didn't show him up or make him look like a fool because he needed Aikman to have confidence in himself and Irvin, to make the throws.

I don't care about celebrating, I don't care that he drops to his knees because he was a yard short of the end zone, I don't care that he celebrates after every touchdown or even the fact that he promotes it for two weeks. However, showing up you QB the way he does is inexcusable. There's not a person on the planet that could convince me other wise and anyone that does, quite frankly I'd question if they've ever played team sports.

As for the rest of the team, for the life of me I don't understand how a coach knows that his guys aren't sticking to their assignments and he continues to let it happen. I know pro coaches can't do a lot like if it were high school or college but quit giving everyone the 'keep it all in house' treatment and start calling guys out. They'll respond or get ticked, but they can't get any worse...

How has he been showing up Palmer? Palmer went over to Johnson and yelled at him to begin with on that play....People are really making to big of a deal about this....

Samuels was all over the route because his head was in the backfield the whole time. Carson didn't look him off and didn't make the proper read. I watched it at least 10 times and kept seeing the same thing. And if it makes you feel better I don't have 85 on either of my fantasy teams and prefer the work of 84 as a fan. Piling on Chad is taking the easy way out, and it's very similar to this town's hate for Adam Dunn...

I don't think its anything like Dunn. I've heard Dunn booed at games. Have heard nothing but cheers for Chad. Dunn's work ethic and hustle on the field are often challenged by fans. Don't hear anything like that with Chad. What I did hear were some grumblings about Rudi. I just don't see the comparison between Chad and Dunn as a valid one. I'd say the issue with Chad is he comes off as a me guy sometimes, especially when things are'nt going well with the team.

How lame is it for a)him to blame the fact that's not getting enough catches on him "toning it down" and b)fans believing it.

CJ plays this town like a fiddle.

I cant believe some people are more worried about a guy who produces more than just about anyone on the team, than the actual bigger problems this team has...

How has he been showing up Palmer? Palmer went over to Johnson and yelled at him to begin with on that play....People are really making to big of a deal about this....

Every time he misses him on a pass and he throws his hands up. It happens every game, Palmer made a mistake ONCE. Also, I'm not referring to that situation, regardless of who truly was at fault, Carson took it and apologized for it. That's the exception for him, but the rule for Chad...

Every time he misses him on a pass and he throws his hands up. It happens every game, Palmer made a mistake ONCE. Also, I'm not referring to that situation, regardless of who truly was at fault, Carson took it and apologized for it. That's the exception for him, but the rule for Chad...

Look around the league at the looks receivers give their QB's when the QB misses a pass when they are open..Its just not Chad that does it, it is pretty much every receiver in the league. All receivers when they are open believe the pass should be able to be there, and if its not they get mad...

I cant believe some people are more worried about a guy who produces more than just about anyone on the team, than the actual bigger problems this team has...

Typical CJ apologist response.

No one , NO ONE, is saying the Bengals suck because of CJ. They/we are all saying we're tired of his sorry act outside of producing on the field.

Team chemistry is always an issue and, believe it or not, not all players like showboats and "me" guys. CJ is THE showboat and "me" guy. There are others but CJ outshines them all and they are somewhat ignored.

CJ makes a lot of jack off the field for being who he is. God bless him for that. He has to take the flak that comes with it as well.

Typical CJ apologist response.

No one , NO ONE, is saying the Bengals suck because of CJ. They/we are all saying we're tired of his sorry act outside of producing on the field.

Team chemistry is always an issue and, believe it or not, not all players like showboats and "me" guys. CJ is THE showboat and "me" guy. There are others but CJ outshines them all and they are somewhat ignored.

CJ makes a lot of jack off the field for being who he is. God bless him for that. He has to take the flak that comes with it as well.

Especially when the attention is all on him.

Now when it comes to him being a good teammate for the RB's and blocking downfield for them, he ain't doing it and was challenged by the coaching staff to do a better job of it.

Seems he works hard when it leads to him getting the attention but not so hard when he needs to "do his job" so that others might have some success.

Especially when the attention is all on him.

Now when it comes to him being a good teammate for the RB's and blocking downfield for them, he ain't doing it and was challenged by the coaching staff to do a better job of it.

Seems he works hard when it leads to him getting the attention but not so hard when he needs to "do his job" so that others might have some success.

And that is exactly what he worked on alot this offseason to get better at. I mean watch some tapes of games this year, compared to other years. Chad actually is doing a decent job of blocking this year, and atleast trying to block...He can talk and do whatever he wants, as long as he works hard in practice, and gives it all he has in games, and that is exactly what he does. If him talking made his game worse, or he couldn't back it up then yeah I would have a problem with it. But just because he doesn't do the normal thing of what most football players do in not saying much, doesn't mean anything as long as he is producing and he has been for years.

I know Chad talking probably doesn't have anything to do with how bad our defense is, which is the real problem...

I know Chad talking probably doesn't have anything to do with how bad our defense is, which is the real problem...

The O cost them the game in Seattle. The D won the game against Baltimore.

So, its really a case of getting them both rolling in the same game.