• Boone in a close game
    • Boone in a blowout
    • SK in a close game
    • SK in a blowout

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an awfully bold statement, considering the Owensboro defense might(probably) be better against the run than SK and he still managed to top the century mark.

Sk's D has held him in check in recent years. In 05 they were the only team to hold him under 100 yards.

SK and BC have played some close games latley, I think the key for the Neers is stopping possible big plays through the air. Farris will get his 30 carries as he did in '06 but BC had quite a few big passing plays on third downs that really hurt SK.

I covered that game... I believe SK had a 10-14 point lead early and even led at halftime. I do remember a couple solid pass plays by BC being a big difference....and eventually Farris took over.

Sk's D has held him in check in recent years. In 05 they were the only team to hold him under 100 yards.

Simon Kenton will be able to hold Farris in check this week. Farris will get his 100 yards, but Simon Kenton's defense bends and doesn't break so I don't think farris will get into the endzone more than once, and Farris will carry the ball 30+ times. Ryles runningback had 175 yards on this defense, but they were able to cause turnovers and tighten up when they got close to the redzone.

Do they have an outside shot at winning based on a tiebreak situation if they lose and then Ryle beats Boone?

It used to be based on the amount of wins outside of the region. Thats how SK got into the playoffs in 2005, however for some reason I believe the tiebreaker has changed.