Franklin Co. 17 Woodford Co. 14

jvdfc

The QB is Sean Thompson Sophomore he is getting better every IMHO. JC what is your impression of Central Kentucky Football and Franklin County. What do you think the Flyers need to work on?

I like it. The big difference that you see from Central KY and Eastern Ky is overall team speed. Dont get me wrong, Eastern KY has its fair share of fast players at the skill positions, but it just seems that on an overall team level, speed shines through as the main difference. Although I believe Eastern Ky has more overall strength and power than Central Ky does. This spread offense alot of teams in Central Ky is difficult to stop. It pretty much forces a defense to cover the offense one on one. Its critical to wrap up and make tackles because if you dont, the next man may to far away to make the play.

I thought the Flyers where pretty impressive. I certainly dont have the creditials to tell a Coach what he needs to work on. Franklin only really had 2 breakdowns in defense and those where when WC #10 come across the middle totally wide open and wasnt touched on his way to the endzone. But I thought the Flyers played a good game as well did Woodford.

Your right. I was seating on the Woodford side and just keep waiting for the line judge to throw the flag on WC Head Coach, and when he did, it really hurt his team in terms of field position. I just want to also say that FC has a very nice looking QB. What grade is this kid?

Can you elaborate on the penalties?

Can you elaborate on the penalties?

Well to start it off there was a late hit on the QB call which was a 15 yarder. Then the WC Coach went off on the offical and he threw the flag for your normal Unsportsmanlike Conduct. He had been warned repeatedly earlier in the game by the Line Judge to back up. Big swing in one play giving up 30 yds which lead to Franklin Co.'s last score to put them ahead 17-14. The officals in no way dictated this game or controlled it. Just crucial mistakes by both the players and coaches at crucial times.

Great game,fun to watch!As Old One said,FC had some mistakes that could have turned the game but the defense withstood the challenge.WC O-line

were very good at pass blocking but need lots of work on the run blocking to play with top 5A teams.FC's QB continues to improve from week to week but needs to watch his reads better.(2 near int's near end zone that could have turned into 6 pts. for WC)Nice effort from both teams!Jacob Proctor had some HUGE plays for FC!!!Can't wait to watch this one on cable!GO FCHS!!!

:dancingpa

Great game,fun to watch!As Old One said,FC had some mistakes that could have turned the game but the defense withstood the challenge.WC O-line

were very good at pass blocking but need lots of work on the run blocking to play with top 5A teams.FC's QB continues to improve from week to week but needs to watch his reads better.(2 near int's near end zone that could have turned into 6 pts. for WC)Nice effort from both teams!Jacob Proctor had some HUGE plays for FC!!!Can't wait to watch this one on cable!GO FCHS!!!

:dancingpa

Good point Grid, Proctor had 2 big hits on possible pass completions that he flat out broke up. Go Flyers!:dancingpa

Well to start it off there was a late hit on the QB call which was a 15 yarder. Then the WC Coach went off on the offical and he threw the flag for your normal Unsportsmanlike Conduct. He had been warned repeatedly earlier in the game by the Line Judge to back up. Big swing in one play giving up 30 yds which lead to Franklin Co.'s last score to put them ahead 17-14. The officals in no way dictated this game or controlled it. Just crucial mistakes by both the players and coaches at crucial times.

This is what it looked like to me as well. However, the first penalty was for Woodford County throwing a punch. The second penalty came from #10 cursing at the official. Neither penalty was against the coaching staff. After the game Coach Tracy was livid with his team for lack of discipline. The officials could have chosen to eject the kid that threw the punch but didn't. I would say that was as courteous and/or lenient as they could be.

The 30 yards definitely made a difference in the drive because Hicks caught the td pass running out of bounds but after the inzone had been crossed.

On another topic; it looked like to me FC had 10 players on defense at times. I realize they put the Hicks kid at corner to stop the best receiver from Woodford but the safety was out of position all night and extremely slow of foot. Also, ? Brown was dressed but played very little. Why? After watching FC in 2 games, why not move the Gardner kid to safety or Gardner to Rover and Proct-- (don't know his name) to safety. You are only as good as your weakest link and everyone can see the weak link....