What can help North Laurel?

downsouth

What do you as fans of the Jaguars, and football fans in general think the Jaguars need to do to turn this season around? Their offense has spurts of greatness, but they just can't seem to keep things going. The defense which looked pretty tough the first few weeks has also seemed to start to fade away? Any thoughts, suggestions, etc. I just hate it for this group of young men, they work so hard and come so close, but it seems that the first win is always just out of reach. Now at 0-5 I'm afraid they have lost confidence in themselves.

Well I think that the main thing is to try to find some way to gain that confidence back. This team has many great players on it and even better kids and that's why I hate to see them lose these close games like they have. They always seem to be in the game until the end and thats when teams pull away from them. It's clear that at 0-5 things need to change...it's up to the coaches to decide what changes need to be made to rescue what little of a season is left. What I've not seen a great deal of and what may help, is better adjustments coming out of half-time. The team runs the same play, the same formations, the same defense that they run in the first half and well..it's not that hard to figure out how to beat a team that doesn't change anything up. LCC for example, AWESOME adjustments coming out of half-time, they come out firing and ready to beat you if they're down and ready to keep you down if they're up. So IMO adjustments would help....may not turn the season around ,but who knows..it would at least help.

Totally agree, there is lots of talent on this team. The team as a whole works hard and plays hard, they've (the coaches) just yet to find that little something that's missing that will work to put these Jags over the edge and give them their first win and their confidence back.

This North team is unsure of itself offensivly and I don't know why. I do think that the play calling is way to predictable , but I'm not sure a coaching change at this point would help the team at all...you can't just take an unsure team and then change everything they've leared all season. Now if you change up the actual play calling and not the plays and then I think that this team would have a better chance offensivly to score. The passing game is once again pretty much out Bear and Jones are going to need to step up and I believe that they will , but Wardrup isn't exactly the most acurate passer in the world so lack and recievers and inablility to throw acurate passes hurt in that sense...so that turns North into the running team that Coach Abbott really wants to be ,but then it goes back to play calling..any team that gets the tape from the week before can see that if you have 8 men in the box and blitz the gaps that Norths running game isn't going anywhere.

Like I said earlier...there just needs to be some changes.

Looking at the roster for NL in the paper, they have a ton of kids playing. The Middle School program is very good as well. Also, looking at scores, they have been close w/ everone they've played, just can't close the deal. I think it was said in another thread that they seem to fade late in games. Are they not in good shape to play 4 Qtrs? Or, is it a mental breakdown late in the game? NL looks like they are on the verge of being a very good team, just need to put it all together.

Looking at the roster for NL in the paper, they have a ton of kids playing. The Middle School program is very good as well. Also, looking at scores, they have been close w/ everone they've played, just can't close the deal. I think it was said in another thread that they seem to fade late in games. Are they not in good shape to play 4 Qtrs? Or, is it a mental breakdown late in the game? NL looks like they are on the verge of being a very good team, just need to put it all together.

They are usually a pretty good first half team, but costly turnovers keep the defense on the field way too long during the coarse of the game and towards the end of the 4th qtr., they are just spent. They should be in excellent shape as conditioning seems to be a priority on the coach's list. After talking to some of the players I think there is a lack of communication offensively with the players, but I don't know.

What does their schedule look like the rest of the season. I know we are 0-5. Next on our schedule is Henry Clay, Shelby Co. Open date, Scott Co. then North Laurel. It is very possible by the time we play NL we could be 0-8. Just wanted to know the possibilities of a win for them in the upcoming games.

What does their schedule look like the rest of the season. I know we are 0-5. Next on our schedule is Henry Clay, Shelby Co. Open date, Scott Co. then North Laurel. It is very possible by the time we play NL we could be 0-8. Just wanted to know the possibilities of a win for them in the upcoming games.

They have Pulaski 9/28, @ Corbin 10/12, Perry Central 10/19, Clark County (senior night) 10/26, @ Leslie Co. 11/02.

Someone else needs to take over the reins of the offense. They look very unsure of what type of team they are? Maybe some of the new coaches need to take over the play calling duties?

Just in my opion the Head Coach needs some new assistants. He has no help on the field. Oline has gone backwards. He needs help. HE is doing all he can.

I believe in the NLHS coaching staff. I do think they planned much of their offense to be a mixed-bag of various run/pass plays. This apparently included a heavy utilization of Cameron Cornett. He and Adrian Wardrup seemed to mentally connect last season or some exciting and even surprising completions and TDs. Cornett had the ability to add to 3rd down conversions by both running parfect patterns and even coming back to the ball when necessary. He put his body on the line, seemingly without fear, and caught and hung-on to the ball. North has other receivers, talented receivers, who,when things begin to click will make some amazing plays. The boys should not get discouraged. They will, I believe,"keep up their chins" and produce. This will help the running game waiting in the wings to explode onto the scene, and allow the deense to get some much needed rest beetween possessions.

I have been around a great many of North's teams in the past, but I must say I have never seen players who love the game and actually play hard for each other any more than this group of kids do. They want great things for each other and for the team.

As for Cornett, he will be playing somewhere for a college who recognizes those hands and that ability to make plays work and be a team player. He is still a North Laurel Jag, to the bone, and I am sure he will shortly be back on the sideline encouraging his teamates to go for it. Let's not count the Jags chances, to make the playoffs this year, dead in the water just yet. Last time I counted, each team puts 11 players on the field of honor. North has 11honorable and dedicated 11, no matter what the individual line-ups during any game.

Just in my opion the Head Coach needs some new assistants. He has no help on the field. Oline has gone backwards. He needs help. HE is doing all he can.

He actually has some new assistants this year and they have helped. In my humble opinion, the O line has improved over last year. They are still young and small, but they seem to play hard and are improving. The difference is that they haven't had that go to big play back they had last year in Maggard or a few years ago in Blair.

Over the past few seasons, North has lost some excellent players (Blair, Cessna, Maggard, Asher) and there haven't been enough players of that caliber to step up just yet. But with the youth of this team, I think you will see them improve. The offense already has improved and will just get better. As they do, it will take more snaps and pressure off of the defense and they will not fade in the 2nd half as they have for much of this season.