St. X vs. Trinity - Freshmen

Diogenes

Freshmen: St. X or Trinity victory?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Freshmen: St. X or Trinity victory?

• St. X freshmen win
    • Trinity freshmen win

Offensively, St. X was able to run the ball very effectively. The whole defensive team played inspired football. The stop by the defense at the end of the first half was crucial to keep momentum going into half-time. St. X just had more athletes.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X romped 25-7. They couldn't hardly get a PAT though. Finally made the last one.

The younger teams have taken care of business thus far. It's time for their older bretheren to step up and follow suit. SWEEP THE ROCKS!!!

Actually it was 25-6, X blocked T's extra point.

^ No surprise...we were decimated...but are really seasoning some young talent...Nice game baby Bengals...

RP, I kinda agree with you. T moved the ball up and down the field via Kragthorpe's passes but the drives stalled inside the 20 because of a lack of running game. I understand that the RB position has been hit hard by injuries on the freshmen level. You see when you add a Tim Phillips to the backfield, how effective the T offense can be. T frosh might of outgained the X in total yards but 4 drives came up empty.

Not to start anything, but before the season T was touting a great class, what happened? Injuries?

OK. Then don't. This T freshman class has some talent on both sides of the ball which shouldn't be overlooked or denigrated. Did X look good last night? They looked very good. However, on behalf of some Trinity boys who played their hearts out in the only game of the season that is all about anything for them (a/k/a "school pride"), and since the freshman schedule means nothing anyway, don't talk about what Trinity lacks. Talk about the things that X did right, please. See you tonight at the game that DOES mean something.

The Tigers came out throwing early because some of the RB's got in the doghouse for being late to practice. Once the fearsome 3 someone were incerted in the game it became a ground and pound and the Tigers took over. I think the Tigers were more physical and kept young Krag from getting too much time in the pocket. He took some hits and it finally got to him. Great effort from Nix for the Rocks. Great job Tigers, 2 down 1 to go!

It was very exciting to see the freshman come out throwing and with such success! Throws were great and the receivers were cating the ball! What a delightful surprise. Knowing a team can successfully pass at any time will stop the defense from focusing on the rbs and help open up the running game. Whether this opening series was implemented as punishment to the RBs or not it was a success and hopefully can be appreciated and used often and become routine to the offense. Great job X!

^ It's still rediculous looking......

Maybe. But the Trinity "faithful" were lacking in attendance at both the JV game on Monday and the Freshman game last night, proving the need for a LARGER visitor section really does not exist. It holds 1000, probably more if everybody gets real cozy. In both games it wasn't even half full.

Where were you guys? I hope you have a bigger showing tonight!!!

Ya know, I guess I wouldn't have shown up either if I knew we were going to get beat that bad.

j/k LOL! :laugh:

Maybe. But the Trinity "faithful" were lacking in attendance at both the JV game on Monday and the Freshman game last night, proving the need for a LARGER visitor section really does not exist. It holds 1000, probably more if everybody gets real cozy. In both games it wasn't even half full.

Where were you guys? I hope you have a bigger showing tonight!!!

Ya know, I guess I wouldn't have shown up either if I knew we were going to get beat that bad.

j/k LOL! :laugh:

I did notice a few clusters of Rock fans on the home side. Maybe we're winning over their hearts and minds.:D

RP, I kinda agree with you. T moved the ball up and down the field via Kragthorpe's passes but the drives stalled inside the 20 because of a lack of running game. I understand that the RB position has been hit hard by injuries on the freshmen level. You see when you add a Tim Phillips to the backfield, how effective the T offense can be. T frosh might of outgained the X in total yards but 4 drives came up empty.

Up and down the field? That may be a bit much:confused: