SEABASS

Who wins  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Hoptown have any standouts this year????

Not the household names in year past. Got the good young players but not that "star" status type.

OT/ Antonio Jones 6'3 275 is getting some D1AA offers. Doesn't bring it every week and that's caused him to ride the pine some.

DL/ Dee Allen 5'10 185 is their best athlete up front. Has that "motor" that Coaches like.

LB-FB/ Joe Harris 5'10 190 is a kid I like. Needs to get a little more consistent in is run blocking but overall gives them a receiving & running threat at the FB spot. He may not play this week because of a hamstring injury.

A kid that has some untapped tallent is Sophomore Darnell Davis 6'3 220. Moved here from Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. Started Varsity basketball as a 8th grader. Has the size and athleticsm to be the next stud in the stable. He's basketball first though and that's put him behind the rest. He's gotten more playing time the last couple of weeks and may crack the rotation in weeks to come.

Overall good players but not real explosive at the usual positions. Young in the skill positions and have a little more senior leadership up front. Last week they went with their best 5 up front and had their best blocking game. Up until then they had started/played 3-4 of the younger kids.

I stand by what I said earlier. We'll take the learning experience and move on. The bus ride isn't a concern IMO. Hopkinsville has traveled long distances before and will again. It's the price you pay to play the elite programs. Plus it gives some of our kids a chance to see a different part of the state they've never seen and perhaps never will.

Hopkinsville has nothing to lose and the kids know that. If they go up there and get drilled then they'll take the ripping and criticsm on the message boards from the opinionated experts.

Not the household names in year past. Got the good young players but not that "star" status type.

OT/ Antonio Jones 6'3 275 is getting some D1AA offers. Doesn't bring it every week and that's caused him to ride the pine some.

DL/ Dee Allen 5'10 185 is their best athlete up front. Has that "motor" that Coaches like.

LB-FB/ Joe Harris 5'10 190 is a kid I like. Needs to get a little more consistent in is run blocking but overall gives them a receiving & running threat at the FB spot. He may not play this week because of a hamstring injury.

A kid that has some untapped tallent is Sophomore Darnell Davis 6'3 220. Moved here from Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. Started Varsity basketball as a 8th grader. Has the size and athleticsm to be the next stud in the stable. He's basketball first though and that's put him behind the rest. He's gotten more playing time the last couple of weeks and may crack the rotation in weeks to come.

Overall good players but not real explosive at the usual positions. Young in the skill positions and have a little more senior leadership up front. Last week they went with their best 5 up front and had their best blocking game. Up until then they had started/played 3-4 of the younger kids.

I stand by what I said earlier. We'll take the learning experience and move on. The bus ride isn't a concern IMO. Hopkinsville has traveled long distances before and will again. It's the price you pay to play the elite programs. Plus it gives some of our kids a chance to see a different part of the state they've never seen and perhaps never will.

Hopkinsville has nothing to lose and the kids know that. If they go up there and get drilled then they'll take the ripping and criticsm on the message boards from the opinionated experts.

Tigertalker:

Thanks for the analysis! Looking forward to a good game Saturday afternoon.

I really don't expect either team to get blown out. I expect to see a tough game, and a learning experience for both teams.

For all those posting predictions of a HHS blowout, just remember that many predicted a creaming of CovCath last week, which never materialized. Hopkinsville has a top-tier football program and tradition, and IF HHS does manage to win fairly big then it will only be because HHS brought their "A+" game on Saturday... Hoptown is a QUALITY opponent, and again I want to say that I am so glad these two schools made the arrangement to play!

For all those posting predictions of a HHS blowout, just remember that many predicted a creaming of CovCath last week, which never materialized. Hopkinsville has a top-tier football program and tradition, and IF HHS does manage to win fairly big then it will only be because HHS brought their "A+" game on Saturday... Hoptown is a QUALITY opponent, and again I want to say that I am so glad these two schools made the arrangement to play!

One thing for sure, the Tigers don't back down from a tough schedule and I commend them for that.. They've had Memphis Ridgeway, Alcoa, Tn, Male, Mayfield and several others the last couple of years..Problem is, this years Tiger version is a shell of some of those past teams..Like TT said though, learn from it, win or lose, and get better each week and prepared for the playoffs.. I think Highlands will win this one by at least 3 Tds..

HHS Cov Cath is a rivalry! It wouldnt matter if one team is 0-9 and the other is 9-0. Its going to be a good game everytime! I think its a fluke when it is a blowout either way.

I appreciate the detailed response. By the way, Its a shame that Pinner didn't get to stay in Minnesota. You hear if he caught on anywhere else?

HHS Cov Cath is a rivalry! It wouldnt matter if one team is 0-9 and the other is 9-0. Its going to be a good game everytime! I think its a fluke when it is a blowout either way.

Agreed! I am unsure of the rest that Hoptown's boys will get on that ride up, but that could determine a lot. Hope we are going to be hospitable and do pizza afterward for them or something like that we have done for some far away opponents in years past. Thats the least the birds could do to celebrate being 6-0. Go BIRDS!!!

It look like something was going on late at the football field last night. I drove by about 11:00 pm and all the light's were on. I hope Dale didn't have them boy's out there working out that late. It looked like some pretty big fellas out there.

It's a surprise! You will have to wait to Saturday to find out. :thumb: