McCreary Central 16 Madison Southern 14

HT721

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be first ever district win for the Raiders, at least that's what I was told by a former player from down there.

They one one district game against PC in 99 I believe but still failed to make the playoffs that year, other than that I don't know of any McCreary district wins.

MSHS's coach is not a big fan of mountain football.;)

what does that mean? Do you have to like cheating refs to be a fan of mountain football? I don't think so. Southern never blames losses on the refs. They got beat 4 other game this year and it wasn't the refs. But it was obvious on this game. Don't forget Southern had 175 yards of penalties and only got beat by MCCreary by 2 points. Where in the world did McCreary get their personal refs?

Sometimes you just have to play through some adversity, thats what makes the difference between a good team and a great team.

They did play through the adversity of the refs. They played well the whole game and the players never lost their cool. The coaches and players are happy with the way they played but no one was happy with the refs penalizing them like they did and took them out of the game, I mean completely. If you can't appreciate 175 yards of penalties then you would have just had to be there to see it. They will be stronger this Friday night I'm sure because of it.

I take it this game was played at MC?

Yes, first time we have ever played there. Southern was dominating in the first quarter, easily scored 2 Tds, then the flags were on Southern about every single drive. The first quarter was rolling on with southern scoring, then when the refs got controlling the game, the first half of the game lasted one an hour and 15 minutes, and it just got worse. Like I said, 195 yards of penalties against southern on McCrearys field. It was very disgusting and many of the fans were just wanting the coach to load the team on the bus and leave McCreary but of course they didn't (and shouldn't)do that, but the refs wouldn't let them play and gave the game to McCreary . Southern beat themselves when they played Rockastle, their other district game, and let themselves get beat the other games this season and were frustrated with themselves, but not this game. They aren't even hanging their heads about this one. Nothing they could do would have got them this win.

Yes, first time we have ever played there. Southern was dominating in the first quarter, easily scored 2 Tds, then the flags were on Southern about every single drive. The first quarter was rolling on with southern scoring, then when the refs got controlling the game, the first half of the game lasted one an hour and 15 minutes, and it just got worse. Like I said, 195 yards of penalties against southern on McCrearys field. It was very disgusting and many of the fans were just wanting the coach to load the team on the bus and leave McCreary but of course they didn't (and shouldn't)do that, but the refs wouldn't let them play and gave the game to McCreary . Southern beat themselves when they played Rockastle, their other district game, and let themselves get beat the other games this season and were frustrated with themselves, but not this game. They aren't even hanging their heads about this one. Nothing they could do would have got them this win.

Kinda sounds like that "Coach's Hall of Fame Losing Game" in Remember The Titans!..."Let'm Play Ref...Let'm Play!":thumb:

I just wanted to say that I read all of these posts with an open mind and i agree that the refs were flag happy. However, I only read how many penalties and yards penalized that Madison So. received. 175 yards is a lot of penalties but on the other side of the coin McCreary received 145 yards in penalties and had 2 TD's called back. The Raiders went through 3 games early in the season where the Refs and their calls played a roll in the way the game was played and the coaching staff at McCreary tried to drill in their players head that no matter what happens they should stay focused on the game. The Raiders did that for the most part on Friday night. Out of all 3 of those games where coaches and fans alike were upset with the striped shirts not one McCreary fan or coach blamed the other team, told the other team that they should be ashamed of the win or threaten the other teams head coach(I witnessed these things with my own eyes and ears.......so it is not hearsay). It is a shame that two ball clubs can go to battle on the gridiron and both sides play as hard as they can and when it is over be civil to each other no matter who won or who loss! All I know is that the Raiders played a hard fought football game and won 16-14. No matter how you feel about the officiating, those boys deserve the respect for playing a hard fought game and they deserve the right to celebrate along with their fans. I wish the very best to Madison Southern on the rest of their season.

175 yards of penalties for Southern

145 yards of penalties for McCreary (including two touchdowns called back).

That doesn't sound like cheating to me. Thirty-yard differences happen A LOT.

Southern wasn't rattled? After being moved back by consecutive personal fouls, the quarterback was sacked two consecutive times for losses. That sounds rattled to me.